iHOME Bluetooth Karaoke with Party Lights iSF-22 User Guide
Important Message to CustomersThank you for purchasing one of our top-quality electronic products. Please take a moment to read through these instructions to help you understand the safe and proper way to use this toy to extend its usability. Keep these instructions for future reference as they contain important information
There are three ways to listen to music with this unit:
- In USB Mode you can connect a flash drive to the unit and listen to your stored songs.
- In AUX Mode you can connect any audio device using a 3.5mm audio cable (not included).
- In Bluetooth Mode you can stream music from your smartphone or other Bluetooth device.Note: After 15 minutes of no audio activity, the unit will time out. Press the Power ON/OFF button to resume audio function.
Charging The Unit
- Connect the included micro USB cord to the micro USB charging port on the back of the unit.
- Connect the standard USB plug end of the cord to a power USB port on a computer or other USB charging device. For first time use, charge unit for about 5 hours
Note: The display will read ‘Lo’ when it is time to charge the unit. The battery indicator on the back of the unit will glow red while charging, and will shut off when fully charged.
Charge via USB AC adaptor, computer USB port, or other powered USB port
By default, the unit will display a repeating light pattern when no musicis playing. When music plays, the unit will activate ‘beat detection’,and lights will pulse along to music.
- Press the Light Show Button to play repeating Light pattern • Press again to turn light off
- Press again to return to default setting
- Press and hold to turn the top dome light ON/OFF
Press the Echo Button for cool vocal effects! Press repeatedly to cycle through 8 different echo modes as you sing through the microphone.
Using USB Mode
Use the Mode Selector to set the unit to USB Mode
- .Connect a USB flash drive to the USB port on the front of the unit.(USB Mode is compatible with .mp3 and .wav files only.)
- Press the Power Button to turn the unit ON.
- When a USB drive is detected, the number of files on the USB drive will appear on the LCD display.
- Press Play, then press the ”Folder+” Button to advance through the files on the USB drive. If you have a large amount of files saved, press the “10+” Button to advance through 10 folders at a time.
Repeat Button (Works only in USB Mode):
- Press the Repeat Button to repeat the current track.
- Press again to repeat all tracks within a folder.
- Press a third time to repeat all songs on the flash drive.
- Press a fourth time to turn the Repeat function OFF.
Using AUX Mode
- Use the Mode Selector to set the unit to AUX Mode.
- Connect one end of a 3.5mm audio cable (not included) to the Line-In Jack on the back of the unit.
- Connect the other end of the audio cable to the headphone jack of any audio device.
- Use the controls on your audio device to navigate tracks and play/pause audio.
Using Bluetooth Mode
- Use the Mode Selector to set the unit to ‘bt’ Mode.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device and make it “discoverable” by turning on Bluetooth mode (check in Options or Settings).
- “Karaoke 22” should appear in your device’s Bluetooth menu. If “Not Connected” or a similar message appears, select “Karaoke 22” to connect it.
- The Bluetooth indicator will glow solid once connected. Put your Bluetooth device in play mode to begin streaming music.
- Use the “Forward” “Reverse” and “Play/Pause” buttons on the unit to navigate tracks.
- Pairing automatically occurs in Bluetooth mode. If no device is connected within 3 minutes, pairing mode will time out. Press and hold the Play/Pause/Bluetooth Pairing button to re-pair a device.
Recording to the USB Drive
Record your performance and save it to a USB flash drive! (Note: you can record in Bluetooth or AUX modes only)
Recording Audio in Bluetooth Mode or AUX Mode:
- To start, use the Mode Selector to set the unit to either Bluetooth Mode or AUX Mode.
- Plug a USB flash drive into the USB port on the front of the unit.
- Make sure the microphone is connected to the unit and the Microphone ON/OFF Switch is turned ON.
- Select a song from your audio device, and press Play.
- Press the Record Button. The Recording Indicator will glow to confirm the unit is recording audio. Sing into the microphone to record your voice over the music.
- When you finish your performance, press the Record Button again to stop recording. The audio will be saved to your USB flash drive.
Listening to Recordings:
- Use the Mode Selector to set the unit to USB Mode.
- Use the Forward, Reverse, Folder+ or 10+ Buttons to navigate through files on your connected USB flash drive, then press Play to listen!
- Remove the USB flash drive from the unit and connect to a computer to share your performances!
If the unit does not respond:
- Make sure unit is completely charged.
- Use the extended wire of a paperclip or other thin tool to press in the Reset Button.
- To re-pair your device, press the Bluetooth Pairing Button on the front of the unit.Note: The rechargeable battery can be replaced only by eKids Consumer Repair Department.
FRONT OF UNIT
USING THE MICROPHONE
- Connect the microphone to the Mic Jack on the back of the unit.
- Slide the Microphone ON/OFF switch to the ON position.
- Control mic volume using the rotary dial on the front of the unit.
- When not in use, store the microphone in the clips on each side of the unit.
BACK OF UNIT
- It is important to keep the unit as dry and clean as possible. You may clean the cabinet with a cloth or sponge moistened with mild soap and water. Do not attempt to use strong cleansers or solvents, as they may cause damage.
- Battery chargers used with the toy are to be regularly examined for damage to the cord, plug, enclosure and other parts, and in the event of such damage, they must not be used until the damage has been repaired.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subjectto the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmfulinterference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with thelimits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules.These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
WARNING: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3(B)
RF ExposureThis equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Questions or Comments
For questions or comments regarding this or other eKids products, please call our toll-free number: 1-888-TOP-TOYS. Also visit our website: www.ekids.com
If problems persist, please do not attempt to repair unit; see warranty for factory service.
Limited One-Year Warranty
eKids, LLC warrants this product to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal use and conditions, for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase.Should this product fail to function in a satisfactory manner, it is best tofirst return it to the store where it was originally purchased. Should thisfail to resolve the matter and service still be required by reason of anydefect or malfunction during the warranty period, eKids will repair or, atits discretion, replace this product without charge. This decision is subject to verification of the defect or malfunction upon delivery of this product to the Factory Service Center authorized by Customer Service. If service is required, please call Customer Service at 1-888-TOP-TOYS to obtain a Return Authorization Number and shipping instructions. A copy of the sales receipt is required to validate in-warranty coverage.Disclaimer of WarrantyNOTE: This warranty is valid only if the product is used for the purpose for which it was designed. It does not cover (i) products which have been damaged by negligence or willful actions, misuse or accident, or which have been modified or repaired by unauthorized persons; (ii)cracked or broken cabinets, or units damaged by excessive heat; (iii)damage to digital media players, CD’s or tape cassettes (if applicable);(iv) the cost of shipping this product to the Factory Service Center and its return to the owner.This warranty is valid only in the United States of America and does notextend to owners of the product other than to the original purchaser. In no event will eKids or any of its affiliates, contractors, resellers, their officers, directors, shareholders, members or agents be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages, any lost profits, actual, exemplary or punitive damages. (Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties or exclusion of consequential damages, so these restrictions may not apply to you.) This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.Your acknowledgment and agreement to fully and completely abide by the above mentioned disclaimer of warranty is contractually binding to you upon your transfer of currency (money order, cashier’s check, or credit card) for purchase of your eKids products.
© 2020 eKids, LLCQuestions? Visit www.ekids.comor call 1-888-TOP-TOYS1299 Main Street Rahway NJ 07065