IKEA LUFTBUREN Instruction Manual
Please refer to the last page of this manual for the full list of IKEA appointed Authorized Service Centre and relative national phone numbers.
Before first useYour safety and that of others is paramount. Remove cardboard protection pieces, protective film and adhesive labels from accessories.Check the appliance for any transport damage. To avoid any damage do not place any weights on the appliance. Do not expose the appliance to atmospheric agents. This manual and the appliance itself provide important safety warnings, to be read and observed at all times. This is the attention symbol, pertaining to safety, which alerts users to potential risks to themselves and others. All safety warnings are preceded by the attention symbol and the following terms:
DANGER: indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will cause serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could cause serious injury. All safety warnings give specific details of the potential danger/ warning present and indicate how to reduce risk of injury, damage and electric shock resulting from improper use of the appliance. Carefully observe the following instructions.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS, OBSERVE THEFOLLOWING:
- Use this unit only in the manner intended by the manufacturer. If you have questions, contact the manufacturer.
- Before servicing or cleaning the unit, switch power off at service panel and lock the service disconnecting means to prevent power from being switched on accidentally. When the service disconnecting means cannot be locked, securely fasten a prominent warning device, such as a tag to the service panel.
- Installation work and electrical wiring must be done by qualified person(s) in accordance with all applicable codes and standards, including fire-rated construction.
- Sufficient air is needed for proper combustion and exhausting of gases through the flue (chimney) of fuel burning equipment to prevent back drafting. Follow the heating equipment manufacturer’s guideline and safety standards such as those published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the American Society for Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and the local code authorities.
- When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling; do not damage electrical wiring and other utilities.
- Ducted fans must always be vented outdoors.
CAUTION: For general ventilating use only. Do not use to exhaust hazardous or explosive materials and vapors.
Suitable for use in household cooking area.
CAUTION: To reduce risk of fire and to properly exhaust air, be sure to duct air outside – do not vent exhaust air into spaces within walls or ceilings, attics or into crawl spaces, or garages.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, USE ONLY METAL DUCTWORK WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE:
- Never leave surface units unattended at high settings. Boilovers cause smoking and greasy spillovers that may ignite. Heat oils slowly on low or medium settings.
- Always turn hood ON when cooking at high heat or when flambeing food (i.e. Crepes Suzette, Cherries Jubilee, Peppercorn Beef Flambé).
- Clean ventilating fans frequently.Grease should not be allowed toaccumulate on fan or filter.
- Use proper pan size. Always use cookware appropriate for the size of the surface element. WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY TO PERSONS IN THE EVENT OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE, OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
- SMOTHER FLAMES with a close fitting lid, cookie sheet, or metal tray, then turn off the burner. BE CAREFUL TO PREVENT BURNS. If the flames do not go out immediately, EVACUATE AND CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.
- NEVER PICK UP A FLAMING PAN
- you may be burned.
- DO NOT USE WATER, including wet dishcloths or towels – a violent steam explosion will result.Use an extinguisher ONLY if:
- You know you have a class ABC extinguisher, and you already know how to operate it.
- The fire is small and contained in the area where it started.
- The fire department is being called.
- You can fight the fire with your back to an exit.
Based on “Kitchen Fire Safety Tips” published by NFPA.
WARNING: To Reduce The Risk Of Fire Or Electric Shock, Do Not Use This Fan With Any Solid-State Speed Control Device.
Installation and connection
In the event of problems, contact the Authorized Service Centre. To prevent any damage, only remove the appliance from its packaging at the time of installation.
Preparing for installation
WARNING: This is a heavy product; the hood should only be lifted and installed by two or more people.
Observe all governing codes and ordinances.Ensure that the electrical installation is adequate and in conformance with National Electrical Code, ANSI/ NFPA 70 (latest edition), or CSA Standards C22.1-94, Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1 and C22.2 No. 0-M91 (latest edition) and all local codes and ordinances.If codes permit and a separate ground wire is used, it is recommended that a qualified electrician determine that the ground path is adequate.A copy of the above code standards can be obtained from:
National Fire Protection Association1 Batterymarch ParkQuincy, MA 02169-7471CSA International8501 East Pleasant Valley RoadCleveland, OH 44131-5575
- A 120 volt, 60 Hz., AC only, 15-amp, fused electrical circuitis required.
- If the house has aluminum wiring, follow the procedure below:
- Connect a section of solid copper wire to the pigtail leads.
- Connect the aluminum wiring to the added section of copper wire using special connectors and/or tools designed and UL listed for joining copper to aluminum.Follow the electrical connector manufacturer’s recommended procedure. Aluminum/copper connection must conform with local codes and industry accepted wiring practices.
- Wire sizes and connections must conform with the rating of theappliance as specified on the model serial rating plate. The model/serial plate is located behind the filter on the rear wall of the range hood.
- Wire sizes must conform to the requirements of the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70 (latest edition), or CSA Standards C22. 1-94, Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1 and C22.2 No. 0-M91 (latest edition) and all local codes and ordinances.
The hood has been designed to be installed and used either as a “Extraction installation”.
Extraction installation (see symbol in installation booklet)
Cooking steam is sucked and channelled outside the house through a discharge duct (not supplied), fitted to the hood steam outlet. Ensure that the discharge duct is correctly fitted to the air outlet, unit using an appropriate connection system.
Recirculation installation (see symbol
The air is filtered through one or more the charcoal filters, and then resent into room.
Important: Ensure appropriate air circulation around the hood.Important: If the hood is supplied without charcoal filters, these must be fitted before the hood can be used. Charcoal Filters are available in IKEA shops.The hood should be installed away from particularly dirty areas, windows, doors and heat sources. Keep this booklet for future consultation.
To reduce the risk of fire or shock when the hood is used in recirculation mode use only the conversion kit models listed below: Recirculating kit: NYTTIG 50 004.842.91 Charcoal Filter Replacement kit: NYTTIG FIL 02 204.842.90
- Control Panel.
- Grease filter
A. Motor OFF buttonB. Extraction power 1 selection button.C. Extraction power 2 selection button.D. Extraction power 3 selection button.F. Extraction power 4 selection button. Timed for 5 minutesF. Light ON/OFF button.
Cleaning and maintenance
- Never use steam cleaning equipment.
- Disconnect the appliance from the power supply.
IMPORTANT: do not use corrosive or abrasive detergents. If any of these products accidentally comes into contact with the appliance,clean immediately with a damp cloth.Clean the surfaces with a damp cloth. If it is very dirty, add a few drops of washing up detergent to the water. Finish off with a dry cloth.IMPORTANT: do not use abrasive sponges or metallic scrapers or scourers. Over time, these can ruin the surface.
- Use detergents specifically designed for cleaning the appliance and follow the manufacturer instructions.
IMPORTANT: clean the filters at least monthly to remove any oil or grease residuals.
To clean the grease filterThe metal grease filter has an unlimited life and must be washed once a month by hand or dishwasher at low temperature and with a short cycle. With cleaning in a dishwasher the grease filter may become dull; this does not effect its filtering capacity
Grease filter maintenance:
- Disconnect the hood from the electric power supply.
- Remove the grease filters: pull the spring release handle downwards, then remove the filter.
- After cleaning the grease filter, remount in reverse order ensuring the entire extraction surface is covered.
Lamp maintenanceThe hood is equipped with a lighting system based on LED technology. The LEDs guarantee an optimum lighting, a duration up to 10 times as long as the traditional lamps and allow to save 90% electrical energy.For replacement, contact the Authorized Service Centre.
Charcoal filter maintenance (if the hood is installed in recirculation mode)
- Disconnect the hood from the electric power supply.
- Remove the grease filter as previously indicated in the grease filter chapter.
- Remove charcoal filter holder
- Remove/add charcoal filter
- Hook the carbon filter firstly to the metal tab at the back on thehood.
- Fix it at the front with the two knobs.
- Refit the grease filter.
What to do if
|The appliance does not work
|There is no mains electrical power
|Check for the presence of mains electrical power.
Turn off the appliance and restart it to see if the faults persists.
|The appliance is not connected to the electrical supply
|Check if the appliance is con- nected to the electrical supply. Turn off the appliance and restart it to see if the faults persists.
|The hood’s suction level is not enough
|The suction speed is too low
|Check the suction speed and adjust as necessary.
|The grease filters are dirty 4
|Check that the filters are clean If not, clean the filters in the dishwasher.
|The air vents ar e obstructed
|Check the air vents for any obstructions and remove as necessary.
|The light does not work
|The LED is broken 3
|For replacement, contact the Authorized Service Centre.
Before contacting the Authorized Service Centre
Switch the appliance on again to see if the problem has disappeared. If not, switch it off again and repeat the operation after an hour.
If your appliance still does not work properly after carrying out the checks listed in the troubleshooting guide and switching the appliance on again, contact the Authorized Service Centre, clearly explaining the problem and specifying:
- the type of fault;
- the model;
- the type and serial number of the appliance (given on the rating plate);
|Type of product
|36” (912 mm)
|193⁄4” (500 mm)
|Number & Max Lamp Power
|1 x 11 W
|Installation minimum height – gas cooktop
|32” (813 mm)
|Installation minimum height – elec cooktop
|24” (610 mm)
The technical information is situated in the rating plate on the internal side of the appliance.
Disposal of packingThe packing material is 100% recyclable and is marked with the recycle symbol. The various parts of the packing must therefore be disposed of responsibly and in full compliance with local authority regulations governing waste disposal.
Scrapping the productBy ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product.The symbol on the product or on the accompanying documentation indicates that it should not be treated as domestic waste but must be taken to an appropriate collection centre for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment.Scrapping of household appliances
- This appliance is manufactured with recyclable or reusable materials. Dispose of it in accordance with local waste disposal regulations. Before scrapping, cut off the power supply cable.
- For further information on the treatment, recovery and recycling of household electrical appliances, contact your competent local authority, the collection service for household waste or the store where you purchased the appliance.
Energy saving tips
- Switch ON the hood at minimum speed when you start cooking and kept it running for few minutes after cooking is finished.
- Increase the speed only in case of large amount of smoke and vapour and use boost speed(s) only in extreme situations. good odour reduction efficiency.
- Clean the grease filter(s) when necessary to maintain a good grease filter efficiency.
- Use the maximum diameter of the ducting system indicated in this manual to optimize efficiency and minimize noise.
IKEA LIMITED GUARANTEE
How long is the IKEA guarantee valid?This guarantee is valid for five (5) years from the original date of purchase of Your appliance at IKEA, unless the appliance is named LAGAN or TILLREDA in which case two (2) years of guarantee apply. The original sales receipt is required as proof of purchase. If service work is carried out under guarantee, this will not extend the guarantee period for the appliance.
Who will execute the service?IKEA “Service Provider” will provide the service through its own service operations or authorized service partner network.
What does this guarantee cover?The guarantee covers faults of the appliance, which have been caused by faulty construction or material faults from the date of purchase from IKEA. This guarantee applies to domestic use only. Some exceptions not guaranteed are specified under the headline “What is not covered under this guarantee?” Within the guarantee period, the costs to remedy the fault (e.g., repairs, parts, labour and travel) will be covered, provided that the appliance is accessible for repair without special expenditure. On these conditions the local regulations are applicable. Replaced parts become the property of IKEA.
What will IKEA do to correct the problem?IKEA appointed Service Provider will examine the product and decide, at its sole discretion, if it is covered under this guarantee. If considered covered, IKEA Service Provider or its authorized service partner through its own service operations, will then, at its sole discretion, either repair the defective product or replace it with the same or a comparable product in the consumer’s home subject to the security and accesibility conditions of the area.What is not covered under this guarantee?
- Normal wear and tear.
- Deliberate or negligent damage, damage caused by failure to observe operating instructions, incorrect installation or by connection to the wrong voltage, damage caused by chemical or electrochemical reaction, rust, corrosion or water damage including but not limited to damage caused by excessive lime in the water supply, damage caused by abnormal environmental conditions and damage caused by pests, rodents, insects or other animals.
- Consumable parts including batteries and lamps.
- Non-functional and decorative parts which do not affect normal use of the appliance, including any scratches and possible colour differences.
- Accidental damage caused by foreign objects or substances and cleaning or unblocking of filters, drainage systems or soap drawers.
- Damage to the following parts:ceramic glass, accessories,crockery and cutlery baskets, feed and drainage pipes, seals, lamps and lamp covers, screens, knobs, casings and parts of casings. Unless such damages can be proved to have been caused by production faults.
- Cases where no fault could be found during a technician’s visit.
- Repairs not carried out by our appointed service providers and or an authorized service contractual partner or where non-original parts have been used.
- Repairs caused by installation which is faulty or not according to specification.
- The use of the appliance in a non-domestic environment i.e. professional use.
- Transportation damages. If a customer transports the product to his home or another address, IKEA is not liable for any damage that may occur during transport However, if IKEA delivers the product to the customer’s delivery address, then damage to the product that occurs during this delivery will be covered by IKEA.
- Cost for carrying out the initialinstallation of the IKEA appliance. However, if an IKEA appointed Service Provider or its authorized service partner repairs or replaces the appliance under the terms of this guarantee, the appointed Service Provider or its authorized service partner will reinstall the repaired appliance or install the replacement, if necessary.
How country law appliesThe IKEA guarantee gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or jurisdiction to jurisdiction. However these conditions do not limit in any way consumer rights described in the local legislation.Area of validityFor appliances which are purchased in United States or Canada, or moved to one of the mentioned countries, the services will be provided in the framework of the guarantee conditions normal in the specified country.For appliances wich are purchased in Mexico, will be serviced in Mexico, the service will be provided in framework of the guarantee conditions normal in the specified country.An obligation to carry out services in the framework of the guarantee exists only if the appliance complies and is installed in accordance with:
- the technical specifications of the country in which the guarantee claim is made;
- the Assembly Instructions and User Manual Safety Information.
The dedicated AFTER SALES for IKEA appliancesPlease don’t hesitate to contact IKEA appointed After Sales Service Provider to:
- make a service request under this guarantee;
- ask for clarifications on installation of the IKEA appliance in the dedicated IKEA kitchen furniture;
- ask for clarification on functions of IKEA appliances.
To ensure that we provide you with the best assistance, please read carefully the Assembly Instructions and/or the User Manual before con tacting us.
How to reach us if you need our service