IKEA OMNEJD Ceiling Mounted Extractor Hood
Before first use
Your safety and that of others is paramount. Remove cardboard protection pieces, protective film and adhesive labels from accessories. Check the appliance for any transport damage. To avoid any damage do not place any weights on the appliance. Do not expose the appliance to atmospheric agents. This manual and the appliance itself provide important safety warnings, to be read and observed at all times.
This is the attention symbol, pertaining to safety, which alerts users to potential risks to themselves and others. All safety warnings are preceded by the attention symbol and the following terms: DANGER: indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will cause serious injury. WARNING: Indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could cause serious injury.All safety warnings give specific details of the potential danger/ warning present and indicate how to reduce risk of injury, damage and electric shock resulting from improper use of the appliance.Carefully observe the following instructions.
Precautions and general recommendations
- The electrical installation and the electrical connection must be carried out by a qualified technician according to the manufacturer’s instructions and in compliance with the local safety regulations. Do not repair or replace any part of the appliance unless specifically stated in the user manual.
- The appliance must be disconnected from the power supply before carrying out any installation work. WARNING: Failure to install the screws or fixing device in accordance with these instructions may result in electrical hazards.
- Earthing of the appliance is compulsory. (Not possible for class II hoods identified by the symbol on the dataplate)
- Do not pull the power supply cable in order to unplug the appliance.
- The electrical components must not be accessible to the user after installation.
- Do not touch the appliance with any wet part of the body and do not operate it when barefoot.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- All other maintenance services must be carried out by a specialised technician.
- When drilling through the wall pay attention not to damage electric connections and/or pipes.
- Air vents must always discharge to the outside
- The manufacturer rejects all responsibilities for any damage caused by improper use or wrong settings
- Appropriate maintenance and cleaning ensure the good working order and the best performance of the appliance. Regularly clean all stubborn surface dirt to avoid grease build up. Remove and clean or change the filter regularly. This must be completed in accordance with the “Cleaning and maintenance” instructions provided.
- Never flame cook food (flambé) under the appliance. Using free flames might cause fire.
- Failure to observe the instructions for cleaning the hood and replacing the filters may result in a fire.
- Exhaust air must not be vented through a flue used for removal of fumes produced by gas combustion appliances or other combustible materials, but must have a separate outlet. All national regulations governing extraction of fumes must be observed.
- There shall be adequate ventilation if the hood is being used at the same time as other appliances using gas or other combustible materials. The negative pressure of the room must not exceed 4 Pa (4x 10-5 bars). For this reason ensure that the room is well ventilated. In case of doubts, please consult an autorized service assistance center or similar qualified person.
- Do not leave frying pans unattended when frying, as the frying oil may catch fire.
- Before touching the light bulbs, ensure that they are cold.
- Do not use or leave the hood without the light bulb correctly fitted, as this may cause electric shock.
- The hood is not a work surface, therefore do not place any objects on top of it or overload it
- During all installation and maintenance operations wear appropriate working gloves.
- This appliance is not suitable for outdoor use.WARNING: when the hob is in use, accessible parts of the hood may become hot.
Installation and connection
In the event of problems, contact the Authorized Service Centre. To prevent any damage, only remove the appliance from its packaging at the time of installation.
Preparing for installation
WARNING: this is a heavy product; the hood should only be lifted and installed by two or more people. The minimum distance between the hob and the bottom part of the hood must not be less than 65 cm for burning gas or other fuels and 50cm for electric cookers. Before installation also check the minimum distances stated in the manual of the cooker. If the installation instructions for the cooker specify a greater distance between cooker and hood, this distance must be observed.
Make sure the power voltage specified on the appliance rating plate is the same as the mains voltage. This information can be found on the inside of the hood, under the grease filter. Power cable replacement (type H05 VV-F) must be carried out by a qualified electrician. Contact an authorized service centre. If the hood is fitted with an electric plug, connect the plug to a socket complying with current regulations, located in an accessible place.
WARNING: if no plug is fitted (direct wiring to the mains), or if the socket is not located in an accessible place, a qualified electrician should install a standardized double pole power switch that will enable complete isolation from the mains in case of category III overvoltage conditions, in accordance with wiring rules.
The hood has been designed to be installed and used either as a “Extraction installation”, or as a “Recirculation installation”.
Extraction installation (see symbol in installation booklet) Cooking steam is sucked and channelled outside the house through a discharge duct (not supplied), fitted to the hood steam outlet.Ensure that the discharge duct is correctly fitted to the air outlet, unit using an appropriate connection system.Important: If already installed, remove the charcoal filter/s.
Recirculation installation (see symbol in installation booklet) The air is filtered through one or more the charcoal filters, and then resent into room.
Important: Ensure appropriate air circulation around the hood.
Important: If the hood is supplied without charcoal filters, these must be fitted before the hood can be used. Filters are available in IKEA shops.The hood should be installed away from particularly dirty areas, windows, doors and heat sources.The accessories for wall fixing are not included because walls made of different materials require different types of fixing accessories. Use fixing systems suitable for the walls of your home and the weight of the appliance. For more details, contact a specialized dealer.Keep this booklet for future consultation.
- Telescopic chimney.
- Control Panel.
- Grease filter.
- Ladle holder.
A Motor OFF buttonB Extraction power 1 selection button.C Extraction power 2 selection button.D Extraction power 3 selection button.E Extraction power 4 selection button.Timed for 5 minutesF Light ON/OFF button.Note: when the light is on, by pressing and holding the button, it is possible to adjust its intensity
Note: Please note that you will experience a 5 second delay when switching the hood directly into extraction power 1 mode (from any other speed) due to electronics control of the product.
Cleaning and maintenance
WARNING:– Never use steam cleaning equipment.– Disconnect the appliance from the powersupply.IMPORTANT: do not use corrosive or abrasive detergents. If any of these products accidentally comes into contact with the appliance, clean immediately with a damp cloth.
- Clean the surfaces with a damp cloth. If it is very dirty, add a few drops of washing up detergent to the water. Finish off with a dry cloth.
IMPORTANT: do not use abrasive sponges or metallic scrapers or scourers. Over time, these can ruin the surface.
- Use detergents specifically designed for cleaning the appliance and follow the manufacturer instructions.
IMPORTANT: clean the filters at least monthly to remove any oil or grease residuals.
To clean the grease filter
The metal grease filter has an unlimited life and must be washed once a month by hand or dishwasher at low temperature and with a short cycle. With cleaning in a dishwasher the grease filter may become dull; this does not effect its filtering capacity.
Grease filter maintenance:
- Unplug the appliance or disconnect the power supply.
- Remove the grease filters: pull the spring release handle, then remove the filter downwards.
- After cleaning the grease filter, remount in reverse order ensuring the entire extraction surface is covered.
Charcoal filter maintenance (if the hood is installed in recirculation installation)
- Pull out the plug or disconnect the power supply.
- Remove the grease filter 3. If the carbon filters are already fitted (two filters that cover the protective grilles for the motor impeller) and have to be replaced, turn the central handle anti-clockwise to unlock them.
- Open the two filter shells
- Pull out the two circular mats
- Proceed in reverse order to fit the new filters.
- Refit the grease filters
Unlike traditional charcoal filters, this charcoal filter shall be washed and reactivated.
Care and cleaning long life Charcoal filter
- The anti-odour filter shall be washed and regenerated every 3-4 months (or more frequently if the hood is subject to intensive use), up to a Max. of 8 regeneration cycles (in case of particularly intensive use it is recommended that you do not exceed 5 cycles).
- Wash in the dishwasher at a MAX temperature of 70° or hand wash in hot water without using abrasive sponges (do not use detergents!
- Dry in the oven at a MAX temperature of 70° for 2 hours or dry at room temperature, standing the filter in a vertical position to facilitate drainage.
The hood is equipped with a lighting system based on LED technology.The LEDs guarantee an optimum lighting, a duration up to 10 times as long as the traditional lamps and allow to save 90% electrical energy.For replacement, contact the Authorized Service Centre.
What to do if…
|The appliance does not work||There is no mains electrical power||Check for the presence of mains electrical power.Turn off the appliance and restart it to see if the faults persists.|
|The appliance is not connected to the electrical supply||Check if the appliance is connected to the electrical supply.Turn off the appliance and restart it to see if the faults persists.|
|The hood’s suction level is not enough||The suction speed is too low||Check the suction speed and adjust as necessary.|
|The grease filters are dirty 3||Check that the filters are clean If not, clean the filters in the dishwasher.|
|The anti-odors filters are dirty||Check that the anti-odour filters are properly washed as recommended|
|The air vents ar e obstructed||Check the air vents for any obstructions and remove as necessary|
|The light does not work||The LED is broken 4||For replacement, contact the Authorized Service Centre.|
Before contacting the Authorized Service Centre:Switch the appliance on again to see if the problem has disappeared. If not, switch it off again and repeat the operation after an hour. If your appliance still does not work properly after carrying out the checks listed in the troubleshooting guide and switching the appliance on again, contact the Authorized Service Centre, clearly explaining the problem and specifying:
- the type of fault; · the model;
- the type and serial number of the appliance (given on the rating plate);
- the Service number (the number after the word SERVICE on the rating plate inside the appliance).
|Type of product||Island hood|
|Total height in extraction installation version min-max||mm||968-1315|
|Total height in recirculation installation version min-max||mm||968-1315|
|Number & Power||W||2X3.5|
|Installation minimum height – gas hob||mm||650|
|Installation minimum height – elec hob||mm||500|
|Product Information compliant to commission regulation UK SI 2019 No.539|
|Model identifier||OMNEJD 305.178.79|
|Annual Energy Consumption – AEC Hood||kWh/A||25.6|
|Energy Efficiency Class||A++|
|Fluid Dynamic Efficiency FDE Hood||%||38.5|
|Fluid Dynamic Efficiency Class||A|
|Light Efficiency – LE Hood||lux/W||44.1|
|Light Efficiency Class||lux||A|
|Grease Filtering efficiency Hood – GFE Hood||%||75.1|
|Grease Filtering efficiency Class||C|
|Minimum Airflow in normal use||m3/h||200.0|
|Maximum Airflow in normal use||m3/h||415.0|
|Air Flow at intensive/boost setting||m3/h||770.0|
|A-Weighted Sound Power Emission at minimum speed||db(A) re 1pW||42.0|
|A-Weighted Sound Power Emission at maximum speed||db(A) re 1pW||57.0|
|A-Weighted Sound Power Emission at Intensive or boost speed||db(A) re 1pW||72.0|
|Power consumption off mode-P0||W||NA|
|Power consumption in stand by mode -Ps||W||0.49|
|Product Information compliant to commission regulation (EU) No 66/2014|
|Time increase factor – f||0.6|
|Energy efficiency index – EEIhood||36.3|
|Measured airflow rate at best efficiency point -QBEP||m3/h||365.0|
|Measured air pressure at best efficiency point -PBEP||Pa||355.0|
|Maximum Airflow – Qmax||m3/h||770.0|
|Measured electric power input at best efficiency point – WBEP||W||93.5|
|Nominal Power of the lighting system – WL||W||7.0|
|Average illumination of the lighting system on the cooking surface – Emiddle||lux||309.0|
The technical information are situated in the rating plate on the internal side of the appliance and in the energy label.
Disposal of packingThe packing material is 100% recyclable and is marked with the recycle symbol . The various parts of the packing must therefore be disposed of responsibly and in full compliance with local authority regulations governing waste disposal.
Scrapping the product– This appliance is marked in compliance with European Directive 2012/19/EU,Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).– By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product.
The symbol on the product or on the accompanying documentation indicates that it should not be treated as domestic waste but must be taken to an appropriate collection centre for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment.
Scrapping of household appliances
- This appliance is manufactured with recyclable or reusable materials. Dispose of it in accordance with local waste disposal regulations. Before scrapping, cut off the power supply cable.
- For further information on the treatment, recovery and recycling of household electrical appliances, contact your competent local authority, the collection service for household waste or the store where you purchased the appliance.
Energy saving tips
- Switch ON the hood at minimum speed when you start cooking and kept it running for few minutes after cooking is finished.
- Increase the speed only in case of large amount of smoke and vapours and use boost speed(s) only in extreme situations.
- Replace the charcoal filter(s) when necessary to maintain a good odour reduction efficiency.
- Clean the grease filter(s) when necessary to maintain a good grease filter efficiency.
- Use the maximum diameter of the ducting system indicated in this manual to optimize efficiency and minimize noise.
Declaration of conformity This appliance has been designed, manufactured and marketed in compliance with:– safety objectives of the “Low Voltage” Directive 2014/35/EU;– the eco design requirements of European regulations n. 65/2014, and n. 66/2014 in conformity to the European standard en 61591;– the protection requirements of Directive “EMC” 2014/30/EU. Electrical safety of the appliance can only be guaranteed if it is correctly connected to an approved earthing system.
Do you need extra help? For any additional questions not related to After Sales of your appliances, like clarifications on installation of the IKEA appliance in the dedicated IKEA kitchen furniture or for clarification on functions of the IKEA appliances, please contact your nearest IKEA Customer Support Centre, the number is available on www.IKEA.com. We recommend you read the appliance documentation carefully before contacting us.Read about our guarantee terms on www.ikea.comFor requests under this guarantee, do not hesitate to contact the IKEA appointed Authorized Service Centre. See the relative national phone numbers on the last page. SAVE THE SALES RECEIPT.