TruFit™ Bubbler with Pressure Check TechnologySKU/Model # – JHCBUB
WARNINGFOR YOUR SAFETY – This product must be installed and serviced by a contractor who is licensed and qualified in pool equipment by the jurisdiction in which the product will be installed where such state or local requirements exist. The maintainer must be a professional with sufficient experience in pool equipment installation and maintenance so that all of the instructions in this manual can be followed exactly.Before installing this product, read and follow all warning notices and instructions that accompany this product. Failure to follow warning notices and instructions mayresult in property damage, personal injury, or death. Improper installation and/or operation will void the warranty.Improper installation and/or operation can create unwanted electrical hazards which can cause serious injury, property damage, or death.
Important Safety Instructions
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS PERTAINING TO A RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONSWhen installing and using this electrical equipment, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
Installing Jandy® TruFit™ Bubbler with Pressure Check Technology
The Bubbler Housing is pre-assembled for easy connection to a water supply line (1) and a conduit connection for the Jandy HydroCool Nicheless Pool Light cord to run through.NOTE: Be sure to read the entire Owner’s Manual completely and carefully to assure you understand the system before you start your installation.NOTE: Do NOT use pipe dope for installation.NOTE: Install plumbing before any electrical wiring.2.1 Installation PreparationsThe conduit for the low voltage supply cord (12Vac) can be run directly to a Junction Box where Light(s) connections and Low Voltage wires from the Transformer (sized correctly) are made. To reduce the risk of bad connections and unwanted voltage drops, all Power Cords on lights should run directly to the Low Voltage Transformer.To ensure maximum safety, only use a transformer that can supply 12VAC and is listed or certified by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) as compliant with UL 379, Standard for Power Units for Fountain, Swimming Pool, and Spa Luminaires.The TruFit Bubbler is designed so that the lens of the tube is approximately 4”- 8” underwater, but can be deeper as long as the water supply can be increased.Keep in mind that the deeper the lens is underwater the less lighting effect will be above the water. Water flow should be adjusted to the desired plume while Jandy® HydroCool Nicheless Pool Light is set to the desired color mode. Use the table below to determine the approximate plume height.
1/2″ NOZZLE PLUME HEIGHT
3/4″ NOZZLE PLUME HEIGHT
|1 – Jandy® Bubbler Body2 – Small Construction Cover3 – Large Construction Cover4 – O-Ring
|5 – 3/4 Inch Lens6 – Diffuser7 – 1/2 Inch Lens8 – Adjustable Sleeve
NOTE: Adjustable Sleeve is for fiberglass and vinyl pools onlyFigure 1. Package ContentsThe TruFit™ Bubbler body comes with the Large Construction Cover pre-assembled and ready to pressure test.Inside the TruFit Bubbler Body – a Small Construction Cover has already been installed. Do not remove this until the Bubbler Body is ready to have the light installed.
A. The top of the cap (A) indicates where the lens surface will be glued if nothing is cut off of the sleeve.B. The lower indicator on the cap (B) is the level where the lens will be glued if all of the adjustment guides are cut off.Figure 3. Large Construction Cap and Adjustable SleeveThe TruFit™ Bubbler has an adjustable sleeve that can easily be cut to fit the desired level. The large construction cap is designed to be a guide for showing the range of adjustability.
2.2 Installing the TruFit ™ Bubbler Housing
- The TruFit Bubbler is designed to be installed during the gunite phase of the pool building.
- Two conduits should be run to the Bubbler body:a. 1.5” PVC pipe for water supply andb. 1” conduit for Pool Light Power Cord.NOTE: Do NOT use 90-degree fittings. Only 45 degrees or sweeps elbows are to be used.
- The 1.5” PVC pipe supplying the water to the Bubbler should have a gate valve or ball valve installed to adjust the water supply flow to create desired water/lighting effect.
- The conduit for the TruFit Bubbler power cord must run from the bubbler directly to a 12 VAC Transformer that is NRTL Listed/Certified for swimming pool use.
- With the large construction cap on, install the Bubbler Housing onto the pipe so that the desired finished surface is above the lower indicator (B) and below the top of the cap (A). See figure 4Important: After gunite, you need to “cove” around the TruFit Bubbler Housing. This is so that the Large Construction Cover can be removed and the adjustable sleeve can be installed and trimmed to be flush with the interior surface.
- Dig a cove around the top of the TruFit Bubbler Housing.
- Trim Adjustable Sleeve to be flush with the interior surface.NOTE: Threaded inserts on the adjustable sleeve are only used for vinyl/fiberglass installations.
- Install the Small Construction Cover before plastering. This will ensure that the threads remain clean and that no debris falls into the Bubbler Housing.
- Backfill the “cove” area around the Bubbler Housing. After plastering, remove the Small Construction Cover.
- Install the Jandy® HydroCool Nicheless Pool Light.
2.3 Plumbing Multiple TruFit™ BubblersWhen installing multiple bubblers it is advised that a looped manifold system be implemented to provide independent water flow control to each of the bubblers on the system. See Figure 1.
- Plumb an adjustable ball or gate valve to supply flow to the manifold assembly.
- If necessary install reducer bushings to bring the supply lines to each bubbler down to the required 1.5” supply size.
- Plumb an adjustable ball or gate valve on each branch of the manifold.
- Use the individual ball valves to adjust the plume height on each of the bubblers to your preference.
2.4 LED Light InstallationThe Jandy TruFit™ Bubbler with Pressure Check Technology is designed to be fitted with a Jandy® HydroCool Nicheless Pool Light. Once the pressure tests have been completed and the Small Construction Cover has been removed, you are ready to install the Jandy HydroCool Nicheless Light into the Bubbler Housing.
- Feed the power cable through the housing and conduit to the power source. Allow 18”-24” slack for service loop.
- Place the Light into the Bubbler and tighten it into the threaded housing.
- See the Jandy HydroCool Nicheless light Owner’s Manual for light installation instructions.
The water level should be lowered to approximately 12 inches below the pool lights. Make certain that the water is drained out of the housing. Consult a Local Swimming Pool Professional for proper winterization.Minimum safeguard requires dropping the water level 2”-4” below the light. At NO TIME should there be water removed from the pool without checking groundwater tables?
Use the troubleshooting information in the following table for suggestions.
|All lights fail to illuminate
|Lights are not receiving power
|Check 120VAC power supply into the transformer. Check for 12VAC output at the transformer. If 120 volts were used in the installation, damage may result and will not be covered under warranty.
|One or more lights are dim, blinking or not working
|Poor connection or improper wire gauge
|Separate each light and independently wire 12V to the single light only. Repeat this process on each light. If the junction box is being used, check for proper connection of light cord. Verify that the correct wire gauge is being used between the transformer and junction box.
|Colored lights out of synch
|Improper voltage supply or poor connection to the light
|Verify that proper wire connections are being achieved for the lights that are out of synch. Reset all the lights to white by turning lights OFF for five (5) seconds, then turning ON.
Zodiac Pool Systems LLC2882 Whiptail Loop # 100, Carlsbad, CA 92010Jandy.com1.800.822.7933Zodiac Pool Systems Canada, Inc.3365 Mainway, Unit 2 Burlington, ON L7M 1A6Jandy.ca1.888.647.4004