Kampa Tent Brighton 2 Grey
© 2021 Dometic Group. The visual appearance of the contents of this manual is protected by copyright and design law. The underlying technical design and the products contained herein may be protected by design, patent or be patent pending. The trademarks mentioned in this manual belong to Dometic Sweden AB. All rights are reserved.
Please read these instructions carefully and follow all instructions, guidelines, and warnings included in this product manual in order to ensure that you install, use, and maintain the product properly at all times. These instructions MUST stay with this product.By using the product, you hereby confirm that you have read all instructions, guidelines, and warnings carefully and that you understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions as set forth herein. You agree to use this product only for the intended purpose and application and in accordance with the instructions, guidelines, and warnings as set forth in this product manual as well as in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. A failure to read and follow the instructions and warnings set forth herein may result in an injury to yourself and others, damage to your product or damage to other property in the vicinity. This product manual, including the instructions, guidelines, and warnings, and related documentation, may be subject to changes and updates. For up-to-date product information, please visit kampaoutdoors.com
General safety instructions
DANGER! Failure to obey this instruction will cause death or serious injury.Hazard of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Never use a fuel-burning appliance such as barbecues or gas heaters inside the tent. The burning process produces carbon monoxide which accumulates inside the tent as there is no flue.
- Make sure you know the fire precaution arrangements on the site.
- Do not cook inside the tent or use open flames. Beware of suffocation
- Make sure ventilation openings are open all the time to avoid suffocation.
CAUTION! Failure to obey these cautions could result in minor or moderate injury.Risk of injury
- This device is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concern-ing use of the device by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not allow children to play around the tent and ensure that suitable protective footwear is worn. Guy lines are a trip hazard and pegs can be sharp.
- Cleaning and user maintenance may not be carried out by unsupervised children.
- Keep passage ways clear.
This tent is suitable for:
- light to moderate weather
This tent is not suitable for:
- very strong winds or snowfall
- seasonal pitch or commercial use
This product is only suitable for the intended purpose and application in accordance with these instructions.This manual provides information that is necessary for proper installation and/or operation of the product. Poor installation and/or improper operating or maintenance will result in unsatisfactory performance and a possible failure.The manufacturer accepts no liability for any injury or damage to the product resulting from:
- Incorrect assembly or connection, including excess voltage
- Incorrect maintenance or use of spare parts other than original spare parts provided by the manufacturer
- Alterations to the product without express permission from the manufacturer
- Use for purposes other than those described in this manual
Kampa reserves the right to change product appearance and product specifications.
Using the tent
NOTICE! Damage hazardDo not store heavy items in the pockets inside and outside the inner tent.
Before first useFamiliarize yourself with the product by carrying out a test set up before the product is used for the first time. Check if the scope of delivery is complete.
Choosing a siteChoose a flat site that is protected from wind:
- If necessary, use a windbreak.
- Choose a shaded site to avoid UV degradation of the fabric.
- Avoid pitching under trees as falling branches, resin, etc. can damage the product.
- Clear the site of sharp stones and debris to avoid damaging the groundsheet.
- Set up the product with the doors facing away from the wind.
Setting up the tent
NOTICE! Material damageDo not open or close the zippers by force.NOTE
- The tent comes with general purpose pegs. These will be suitable for many sites but for some types of ground special pegs will be needed. Ask your dealer.
- Drive the pegs at a 45° angle away from the tent into the ground.
- Peg the guy lines in line with the seam it starts from.
Keep the following tips in mind while setting up the tent:
- The figures provide a general overview of the set-up. The actual set-up will vary slightly based on the model of tent.
- Get help. The set-up is easier with more people.
- Thread the poles through the outer sleeves according to their color code.
- After standing the tent upright, check the corner pegs and re-peg if necessary. The groundsheet on the inside should be taut and in a rectangular shape.
- Peg the guy lines so that the tent is under tension without distorting the shape.
- If available, attach the storm straps.
- Check the guy lines from time to time to ensure adequate tension, if necessary use the runners to adjust.
Set up the tent as follows:
- To protect the tent from dirt and damage, lay down a groundsheet or footprint before unpacking.
- Unpack the tent.
- Separate and identify the different components.
- Proceed as shown to set up the tent (fig. 1, page 3 – fig. 0, page 4).
Dismantling the tent
NOTICE! Material damageDo not use force when dismantling the tent. Otherwise you might damage any material.
- Reverse the set up procedure.
- Push the poles out of the sleeves, do not pull.
- Ensure that all parts are clean before packing in the carry bag.
- If the tent is wet or damp, dry fully as soon as possible.
Cleaning and maintenance
NOTICE! Material damage
- Do not use sharp or hard objects or cleaning agents for cleaning.
- Do not use alcohol based materials, chemicals, soap and detergents for cleaning.
- Remove bird droppings and tree resin as soon as possible to avoid permanent damage to the material.
- If necessary, clean the product with clean water and a soft brush.
- Apply impregnation against water and UV radiation before each trip.
Storing the tent
- Fully set up the tent for cleaning.
- Choose a sunny day for cleaning to ensure the material will dry thoroughly.
- Clean the tent.
- Air fully and ensure the tent is totally dry before packing away.
- Store in a well ventilated dry place.
- During first exposure to water there may be some moisture at the seams. Through this moisture the threads will swell and fill the holes that are created in the sewing process.
- A fully equipped spare parts kit should include:
- repair tape and repair solution
- silicone spray for the zippers
- spare pegs
All tents suffer from internal condensation if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- high air humidity
- high ground moisture
- a drop in temperature
Severe condensation can run down the inside of the roof and drip off ties, tapes and other internal fittings and can be mistaken for leaking.
- Increase ventilation by opening doors and/or windows.
- Install a waterproof groundsheet.
Place the packaging material in the appropriate recycling waste bins, wherever possible.
If you wish to finally dispose of the product, ask your local recy-cling center or specialist dealer for details about how to do this in accordance with the applicable disposal regulations.
The statutory warranty period applies. If the product is defective, please contact the manufacturer’s branch in your country (see kampaoutdoors.com/store-locator) or your retailer.For repair and warranty processing, please include the following documents when you send in the device:
- A copy of the receipt with purchase date
- A reason for the claim or description of the fault
The warranty covers manufacturing defects, materials and parts. The warranty does not cover fading of the cover and wear and tear due to UV radiation, misuse, accidental damage, storm damage, or permanent, semi-permanent or commercial use. It does not cover any resulting damage. Please contact your dealer for claims. This does not affect your statutory rights.