Model 0A8300 Amplified HDTV Antenna
|Power Supply: AC/DC Adaptor
|VHF: 54-216 MHz
|Input: 120V / 60Hz / 90 mA
|UHF: 470-698 MHz
|Output: 12V / 100mA
|FM: 87.9-107.9 MHz
STEP 1: Verify all components and parts are included.
The rubber boot may be installed over a coax connection to provide extra protection from the elements. If your coax connection is damaged, use the replacement connection provided.
INSTALLATION REQUIRES PROPER TOOLS. SEE YOUR DEALER FOR ASSISTANCE.
STEP 2:Install the KING Jack Antenna in one of two ways (page 2):
- RV Mounting: Mount to a batwing style retractable arm using the supplied RV Antenna Bracket.
- Pole Mounting: Mount to a stationary pole (on a house for example) using the supplied Pole Mount Bracket. DO NOT MOUNT TO A POLE ON A VEHICLE.
STEP 3:READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY, THEN CHOOSE A CONNECTION OPTION ON PAGE 3 AND MAKE CONNECTIONS.
The KING Jack antenna is an amplified antenna that requires +12 volts of power.
When using an existing power injector already in the RVWhen replacing an existing amplified antenna that has an existing power injector, just replace le antenna head assembly and verify that you have power to the KING Jack antenna when the vall switch power injector is “ON.” A red LED light on the bottom of the KING Jack antenna will Iluminate when +12 volts is present and the internal amplifier is powered. Do not use both the existing power injector and the power injector supplied with the KING Jack Antenna!
Using two power injectors in the circuit can cause the KING Jack Antenna power supply to overheat, possibly causing injury or severe damage.
STEP 4: Read the OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS on page 4 for antenna pointing instructions.
Option 1: BATWING STYLE REPLACEMENT
- Turn off the antenna power injector at the wall switch or AN switch and raise the existing antenna.
- Attach the RV antenna bracket to the KING Jack antenna with the 4 supplied screws.
- Unscrew the coax cable and remove the existing bat wing style antenna (if present) from the retractable arm (keep retaining pins and clips). Line up holes in the RV antenna bracket with holes in the retractable arm and reinsert pins thru assembly. Reinstall retaining clips (use newly supplied retaining clips if necessary). You must mount the antenna in relation to poles as shown below. 4. Fill the end of the existing coax cable with supplied dielectric grease and screw to the antenna (DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN).Note: If the existing coax connector is corroded or damaged, replace it with the supplied new connector.
If installing a new coax cable (sold separately), connect as stated, and then route properly thru the retractable arm and into the vehicle. Make appropriate connections in the vehicle.
Option 2: POLE MOUNT BRACKET
- Attach the L-shaped bracket to the KING Jack antenna with the 4 supplied screws.
- Remove 2 existing screws and 2 existing washers from the L-shaped bracket. Attach pole clamp to the L-shaped bracket with the same screws and washers.
- Place the clamp around an appropriate pole and tighten wing nuts.
- Fill the end of coax cable (sold separately) with supplied dielectric grease and screw to the antenna (DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN). Note: If replacing an existing antenna and the existing coax connector is corroded or damaged, replace it with the supplied new connector. Route coax cable and make appropriate connections.
- Position antenna for maximum signal reception and tighten wing nuts to secure the antenna in this position.
POLE MUST BE STATIONARY:NOT ON A VEHICLE.This is a directional antenna and should be rotated on the pole to the position that provides maximum signal reception.
NO EXISTING POWER INJECTORUse power injector and power supply included with the purchase of KING Jack Antenna
WALL PLATE TV OUTLET WITH NO POWER INJECTORUse power injector and power supply included with the purchase of KING Jack Antenna
WALL PLATE TV OUTLET WITH POWER INJECTOR DO NOT USE THE KING JACK POWER INJECTOR IN COMBINATION WITH EXISTING INJECTOR
NOTE: Illustration purposes only. Other configurations exist
DO NOT USE ANY CONFIGURATION THAT HAS BOTH THE KIN ACK POWER INJECTOR AND AN EXISTING POWER INJECTOR
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS: Scanning for Channels
NOTE: In stationary applications. you only need to scan for channels one time. In mobile applications. you will need to scan for channels each time you change locations.
- Turn on the TV.
- Turn on power to KING Jack antenna.NOTE: In steps 3-6. keep track of in which position you receive the most channels.
- Perform a channel scan per the digital TV or digital TV converter box manufacturer’s instructions.
- Rotate antenna 90 degrees. Scan again.
- Rotate antenna 90 degrees. Scan again.
- Rotate antenna 90 degrees. Scan again.
- Reposition your KING antenna to where you received the most channels. Choose one of those channels on your TV. Now monitor the signal strength screen and fine-tune KING Jack until the highest signal strength is achieved. Perform one final scan and watch TV. Enjoy!
|COURSE OF ACTION
|No TV reception.
|No power to the antenna. (Red LED on antenna head is not lit.)Antenna pointed in the wrong direction.
|Make sure the power supply is plugged into a known good 110-120 VAC source. Check for 12 VDC at power supply output. If not present, replace the power supply. Check for 12 VDC at the antenna port of the power injector. If voltage is not present, replace the power injector. If voltage is present, the coax to the antenna or the antenna is bad. Temporarily run a known good coax from the injector to the antenna. If you now have power (red LED tit), replace the coax. If you don’t, replace the antenna.Perform a 4 quadrant search as shown in the operating instructions or use a KING SureLock Signal Meter to locate TV towers.
IMPORTANT! Do not power-wash any part of the KING Jack antenna.
Every new KING Jack HDTV Antenna is covered by the following one-year parts limited warranty from the date of original purchase:
- One-year parts warranty: The customer is not responsible for the cost of replacement parts if the original part is determined to be defective under the terms of the warranty. The customer is responsible for the cost of replacement parts after one year.
Should any trouble develop during the warranty period, contact KING. You must contact KING before the warranty period expires. The customer must supply proof of purchase (such as a dated sales receipt) when requesting warranty service. If the customer cannot supply proof of purchase, the warranty period shall start 30 days after the date of manufacture. Only KING will perform warranty evaluations and repairs.
If it is determined that the unit needs to be returned to KING, the customer must return the COMPLETE product, freight prepaid, to KING, 11200 Hampshire Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55438-2453. If inspection shows the trouble is caused by defective workmanship or material, KING will repair (or at its option, replace) without charge.
When returning the product, KING will supply an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization). This number must be clearly written on the box. Failure to clearly write the RMA number on the box may result in delays in processing the claim. Along with the product, the customer should include in the box: his/her name. address, daytime phone number, proof of purchase, and description of the problem.
This warranty does not cover installation and external wiring, or remanufactured units. This warranty is not transferable from the original owner. This warranty also does not apply where:
- The product has been abused, misused, improperly installed, or improperly maintained.
- Repairs have been made or attempted by others that are not certified by KING to do such repairs.
- Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear.
- Alterations have been made to the product.
- The product or any associated component has been opened without authorization or disassembled to any degree.
- Damage has been caused by power washing.
- Supplied grease is not used in the external coax connection as specified in the instructions.
- Circumstances beyond the control of KING cause the product to no longer operate correctly.
- The customer is not the original owner.
In no event shall KING be liable for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages from the sale or use of the product. This disclaimer applies both during and after the term of the warranty. KING disclaims liability for any implied warranties, including implied warranties of “merchantability” and “fitness for a specific purpose,” after the one-year term of this warranty.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
11200 Hampshire Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55438 PH 952.922.6889 II FAX 952.922.8424 kingconnect.com
Winegard is a registered trademark of Winegard Company. KING Jack’ and KING SureLock’ are products of KING’ and are not affiliated with nor manufactured by Winegard® Company. KING Jack and KING SureLock are trademarks, and KING is a registered trademark of Electronic Controlled Systems, Inc.
© 2017 KING 22545 REV E