KLARK TEKNIK Air Link DW 20R/DW 20T Wireless Stereo Receiver User Guide
Important Safety Instructions
Terminals marked with this symbol carry electrical current of sufficient magnitude to constitute risk of electric shock. Use only high-quality professional speaker cables with ¼” TS or twist-locking plugs pre-installed. All other installation or modification should be performed only by qualified personnel.
This symbol, wherever it appears, alerts you to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage inside the enclosure – voltage that may be sufficient to constitute a risk of shock.
This symbol, wherever it appears, alerts you to important operating and maintenance instructions in the accompanying literature. Please read the manual. Caution To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not remove the top cover (or the rear section). No user serviceable parts inside. Refer servicing to qualified personnel.
CautionTo reduce the risk of electric shock, do not remove the top cover (or the rear section). No user serviceable parts inside. Refer servicing to qualified personnel.
CautionTo reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this appliance to rain and moisture. The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing liquids and no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
CautionThese service instructions are for use by qualified service personnel only. To reduce the risk of electric shock do not perform any servicing other than that contained in the operation instructions. Repairs have to be performed by qualified service personnel.
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Use only attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer. injury from tip-over.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- The apparatus shall be connected to a MAINS socket outlet with a protective earthing connection.
- Where the MAINS plug or an appliance coupler is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
- Correct disposal of this product: This symbol indicates that this product must not be disposed of with household waste, according to the WEEE Directive (2012/19/EU) and your national law. This product should be taken to a collection center licensed for the recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment (EEE). The mishandling of this type of waste could have a possible negative impact on the environment and human health due to potentially hazardous substances that are generally associated with EEE. At the same time, your cooperation in the correct disposal of this product will contribute to the efficient use of natural resources. For more information about where you can take your waste equipment for recycling, please contact your local city office, or your household waste collection service.
- Do not install in a confined space, such as a book case or similar unit.
- Do not place naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, on the apparatus.
- Please keep the environmental aspects of battery disposal in mind. Batteries must be disposed-of at a battery collection point. 21. This apparatus may be used in tropical and moderate climates up to 45°C.
Music Tribe accepts no liability for any loss which may be suffered by any person who relies either wholly or in part upon any description, photograph, or statement contained herein. Technical specifications, appearances and other information are subject to change without notice. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Midas, Klark Teknik, Lab Gruppen, Lake, Tannoy, Turbosound, TC Electronic, TC Helicon, Behringer, Bugera, Oberheim, Auratone and Coolaudio are trademarks or registered trademarks of Music Tribe Global Brands Ltd. © Music Tribe Global Brands Ltd. 2021 All rights reserved.
For the applicable warranty terms and conditions and additional information regarding Music Tribe’s Limited Warranty, please see complete details online at musictribe.com/warranty.
AIR LINK DW 20R/DW 20T Controls
Step 1: Controls
- PAIR button enables the unit to become available for pairing by pressing and holding for 4 seconds. The LED ring will indicate the current status. See the Getting Started section for details.
- LEVEL knob adjusts the volume of the signal sent to the output jacks.
- SIGNAL LEDs light when the DW 20R receives an audio signal from the DW 20T.
- DC INPUT socket accepts the included power adapter.
- STEREO/MONO switch determines whether the outgoing wireless audio signal is stereo or mono.
- LEVEL knob adjusts the sensitivity of the inputs.
- SIGNAL LEDs light green when signal is present at the inputs. The LEDs light red when the incoming audio signal clips the inputs.If this happens, lower the output level of the source audio.
- OUTPUT jacks send a line-level audio signal to another audio device (mixer, amplifier, etc.) via balanced XLR or unbalanced ¼” TS cables.
- INPUT jacks accept audio signals via balanced XLR or unbalanced ¼” TS cables.
Step 2: Getting started
- Connect the DW 20T inputs to an original audio source such as a mixer or media player, then connect the outputs of the DW 20R to a destination such as a mixer, amplifier, or active speaker. Leave the amp or speakers turned off for now.
- Connect the power adapters to each unit. They will power on automatically and their PAIR buttons will blink slowly to indicate standby mode.
- Press and hold the PAIR button on the DW 20T for 4 seconds. The LED ring will flash rapidly to indicate that it is trying to pair, and will continue trying for up to 30 seconds.
- Within 30 seconds of initiating the DW 20T for pairing, press and hold the PAIR button on the DW 20R for 4 seconds as well. Its LED ring will flash rapidly. When successfully paired, the LED rings on both the 20T and 20R will light solid (not flashing). If either unit’s LED ring flashes slowly, this indicates that pairing was unsuccessful. Make sure both units are free of obstructions and are within 100 feet / 30 meters of each other.
- After all audio and power connections have been made, power on the amplifier or active speakers.
Pairing multiple DW 20R units with a DW 20T
- Connect the DW 20T and the first DW 20R as described in ‘Getting Started’ (hold each PAIR button for 4 seconds).
- On the second DW 20R unit, hold the PAIR button for 4 seconds to activate pairing, then let it search for 30 seconds. The pairing function will time out after 30 seconds and the LED will blink slowly.
- Press the DW 20T PAIR button for 4 seconds, and then press the second DW 20R unit’s PAIR button for 4 seconds. Both DW 20R units will now be connected to the same DW 20T.
- Note – holding the PAIR button for 10 seconds on the DW 20T will clear the memory of connected DW 20R units.
The DW 20T has been designed to pass certification with the antennas listed below, specified as a dipole Yagi antenna, 50 Ω impedance and maximum gain of 5.0 dBi. End users should not change the antenna to a different type.
Table for Filed Antenna:
|Connectors||Balanced XLR, unbalanced 1/4″|
|Impedance||10 kΩ balanced, 15 kΩ unbalanced|
|Max. input level||10 dBu|
|Connectors||Balanced XLR, unbalanced 1/4″|
|Impedance||240 Ω balanced, 120 Ω unbalanced|
|Max. output level||15 dBu|
|Transmission frequency||2.406 – 2.475 GHz|
|Wireless range||Up to 30 m (100 ft)|
|Sensitivity||81 dBm @ 1% PER|
|Transmission power||10 dBm||12 dBm|
|Frequency response||20 Hz to 20 kHz (±1 dB)|
|THD + N (distortion)||0.1% @ 1 kHz|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||>90 dB|
|Power adaptor||12 V DC, 400 mA, center positive|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)|
|Without bumpers or antenna||54 x 108 x 103 mm (2.1 x 4.3 x 4.1″)|
|With bumpers, without antenna||63 x 118 x 112 mm (2.5 x 4.6 x 4.4″)|
|With bumpers, upright antenna||212 x 118 x 126 mm (8.3 x 4.6 x 5.0″)|
|Weight (incl. bumpers and antenna)||0.6 kg (1.3 lbs)|
Other important information
- Register online. Please register your new MusicTribe equipment right after you purchase it by visiting musictribe.com. Registering your purchase using our simple online form helps us to process your repair claims more quickly and efficiently. Also, read the terms and conditions of our warranty, if applicable.
- Malfunction. Should your MusicTribe Authorized Reseller not be located in your vicinity, you may contact the MusicTribe Authorized Fulfiller for your country listed under “Support” at musictribe.com. Should your country not be listed, please check if your problem can be dealt with by our “Online Support” which may also be found under “Support” at musictribe.com. Alternatively, please submit an online warranty claim at musictribe.com BEFORE returning the product.
- Power Connections. Before plugging theunit into a power socket, please make sure you are usingthe correct mains voltage for your particular model.Faulty fuses must be replaced with fuses of the same type and rating without exception.
FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION COMPLIANCE INFORMATION
Klark TeknikAIR LINK DW 20R/DW 20T
Responsible Party Name: Music Tribe Commercial NV Inc.
Address: 5270 Procyon Street Las Vegas NV 89118 United States
Phone Number: +1 702 800 8290
AIR LINK DW 20R/DW 20Tcomplies with the FCC rules as mentioned in the following paragraph: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment of and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This equipment complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC ID: QWHDW20T, QWHDW20RThis transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Caution!The MUSIC Tribe is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modifications to this equipment.Such modifications could void the user authority to operate the equipment
FCC RF Radiation Exposure Statement:
- This Transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
- This equipment complies with FCC RF radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20 centimeters between the radiator and your body.
Hereby, Music Tribe declares that this product is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU, Directive 2014/30/EU, Directive 2014/35/EU, Directive 2011/65/EU and Amendment 2015/863/EU, Directive 2012/19/EU, Regulation 519/2012 REACH SVHC and Directive 1907/2006/EC.EU Representative: Music Tribe Brands DK A/SAddress: Ib Spang Olsens Gade 17, DK – 8200 Aarhus N, DenmarkFull text of EU DoC is available at https://community.musictribe.com/