Kogan OVTIMELOCKA Kitchen Safe Time Locking Container User Guide
SAFETY & WARNINGS
Read all of the following instructions before use. Keep this user guide for future reference.
Note: Failure to read the user guide has led to some customers accidentally locking items inside for longer than wanted and having to break the base! Ensure you have read and understood all of these instructions before using.
Before placing anything inside the container…
- Read the entire user guide
- Check the base for any damage
- Learn to use it without an item inside
Start with just the lid, without it attached to the base. Insert the batteries, test setting it for 1 minute. After that minute, set it again and test the ‘Add time’ feature to increase the setting to 2 minutes.
Practice locking it a few times before placing any item inside, to avoid accidentally locking an item inside longer than you want.
How to install the batteries
To open the battery compartment, press firmly on the compartment lid and slide it upward.
Insert the first AA battery with the positive terminal (+) in the correct position as per the markings in the compartment, then push the battery to the right. Insert the second AA battery, with the same positive terminal (+) direction. Replace the lid, and you’re done.
Note: You can replace the batteries at any time, even when the lid is locked to the base.
Do not use rechargeable batteries.
Ensure you have tested the device following the instructions in the Getting Started section before placing anything in the container!
How to Lock
- Place an item in the container
- Place the container lid onto the base
- Rotate the dial to set the timer
- Press the dial and it will be locked.
You will have 5 seconds to cancel locking.
To cancel: press the dial during the 5 second countdown.
How to Add Time
- Press the dial to pause the timer
- Rotate the dial to increase timer
- Press the dial again to confirm, adding the time.
Just like when locking, it gives you five seconds to cancel.
- To avoid damaging your container, always check that the pins are fully in before attempting to remove the lid. Do not lift the container by the lid when attached to the base. Instead, carry it by holding the bottom of the base.
- Dropping the container may damage it. Do not drop items into the container, as this may damage the base.
- The container is a tool for adult use only; keep out of reach of children.
CLEANING & CARE
How to Clean
Hand wash only.
The base can be cleaned with soap and warm water.
The lid should be cleaned with a damp cloth or paper towel. Do not submerge. The electronics for the locking device are in the lid, and will stop working if wet.
It’s not workingOften it just needs to be reset by holding the button for 5 seconds and then set for 1 minute again. If still not working, ensure the batteries don’t need replacing.
I locked something inside and I need it nowYou will need to wait until the timer expires. There is no override.
Can I use it anywhere?Using in the refrigerator or freezer may damage the electronics.One alternative may be to use a keyed lock and place the key in the container.
How to turn it off?There is no need to turn it off. The display uses minimal energy.
What happens if batteries die?If you remove the batteries or they run out, the timer will stop counting down until you replace the batteries. You can replace the batteries at any time, even when the lid is locked to the base.Do not use rechargeable batteries.
Need more information?
We hope that this user guide has given you the assistance needed for a simple set-up.For the most up-to-date guide for your product, as well as any additional assistance you may require, head online to help.kogan.com