.LAKELAND Heated Towel Warmer Instruction Manual
.LAKELAND Heated Towel Warmer
- Heated rails
- On/off switch
- Cord and plug
SAFETY CAUTIONSCarefully read all the instructions before using the appliance and keep in a safe place for future reference. Always follow these safety cautions when using the appliance to avoid personal injury or damage to the appliance. This appliance should be used only as described in this instruction book.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised.
- Make sure your electricity supply matches the voltage shown on the appliance.
- Ensure all packaging materials and any promotional labels or stickers are removed from the appliance before the first use.
- Always inspect the appliance before use for noticeable signs of damage. Do not use if damaged or has been dropped. In the event of damage, or if the appliance develops a fault contact the Lakeland customer care team on 015394 88100.
- Always use the appliance on a dry, level, heat resistant surface.
- Unplug from the mains when not in use. To disconnect, turn the socket to “off” and remove the plug from the mains socket.
- Do not use any accessories or attachments with this appliance other than those recommended by Lakeland.
- To protect against fire, electric shock or personal injury, do not immerse cord, plug or lid in water or other liquids.
- Avoid contact between the lead and hot surfaces. Keep the airer plug and lead away from ovens, electric and gas burners, flames and water sources.
- For indoor use only.
- For domestic use only.
- This appliance should be used for warming towels and airing clothes as described within the instructions for use that accompany it.
- Always ensure that your hands are dry before removing the plug from the mains socket. Never pull the plug out of the mains socket by its lead or carry the airer by its lead.
- Do not allow the lead to be compressed or curled, or touch sharp edges.
- Do not connect this appliance to an external timer or remote control system.
- An extension cable may be used with care. The electrical rating of the cable should be at least as great as the appliance. · This appliance complies with the basic requirements of Directives 2014/30/ EU (Electromagnetic Compatibility) and 2014/35/EU (Low voltage Directive). ·
- WARNING: A cut off plug inserted into a socket is a serious safety (shock) hazard. Ensure the cut off plug is disposed of safely. ·
- CAUTION:The plastic bags used to wrap this appliance or the packaging may be dangerous. To avoid risk of suffocation, keep these bags out of reach of babies and children. These bags are not toys.
- Always switch off and unplug the Heated Towel Warmer after use, leaving it to cool down completely before storing it away. Do not wind the power cord around the Heated Towel Warmer.
- Do not overload the Heated Towel Warmer, the maximum load of the airer is 6kg. Load evenly across the rails to avoid the Heated Towel Warmer tipping over.
- The appliance must be placed on a level, dry surface at least 1.5 metres away from heat or water sources.
- Do not allow children to play with the airer.
SETTING UP THE HEATED TOWEL WARMER FOR THE FIRST TIME
Slide the feet (part b) onto the bottom of the heated piece (part a), tightening the screws already present, to secure the feet in place. Place the unit on a level, dry surface ready for use.INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Plug the Heated Towel Warmer in and switch on using the on/off switch.CAUTION: Items should be placed on the horizontal heated rails only.
- When you have finished using the Heated Towel Warmer, switch off andunplug from the power source.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSQuestion: Why is my Heated Towel Warmer not heating up?Answer: It may not be switched on. Check the Heated Towel Warmer is plugged in and the on/off switch is illuminated.
- Power: 90W
- Voltage: 230V
- Frequency: 50Hz
- Open: 55 x 34 x 90cm H. (21¾ x 13½x 35½).
- Weight of product: 3.5kg.
ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONSTHIS APPLIANCE MUST BE EARTHEDThe appliance is fitted with a fused three-pin plug to BS1363 which is suitable for use in all homes fitted with sockets to current specifications. CHANGING THE 13 AMP FUSEUse a 13 amp BS1362 fuse. Only BSI or ASTA approved fuses should be used. If you are unsure which plug or fuse to use, always refer to a qualified electrician.Note: After replacing or changing a fuse on a moulded plug which has a fuse cover, the cover must be refitted to the plug; the appliance must not be used without a fuse cover. If lost, replacement fuse covers can be obtained from an electrical shop. This appliance complies with the following EU Directives: 2014/35/EU (Low Voltage Directive) and 2014/30/EU (EMC Directive)RECYCLING YOUR ELECTRICALSAlong with many other high street retailers, Lakeland has joined a scheme whereby customers can take their unwanted electrical products to recycling points set up around the country. Visit www.recycle-more.co.uk to find your nearest recycling point.