MEDIFYAIR MA-40 Air Purifier Instruction Manual
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Lifetime warranty if replacing filters on time
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY DAMAGE TO YOU, OTHERS OR PROPERTY, FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
IF THE POWER CORD OR UNIT DOES NOT WORK, CONTACT MEDIFY CUSTOMER SERVICE IMMEDIATELY.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- DO NOT touch the power plug with wet hands.
- Turn off the power before cleaning the unit.
- DO NOT use the air purifier in rooms where fumigation or pesticide is being used.
- Keep the unit dry.
- DO NOT use air purifier in a room where it is being cooked with oils and grease that may clog the filters.
- Use ONLY a soft clean cloth. DO NOT use solvents like Benzene, Alcohol or any flammable cleaners to clean the air purifier.
- This is a 220-240V unit. It is NOT made for 11 OV use. Plugging it into a 11 OV outlet will damage the motor and circuits and the unit will no work any longer. Use only with a 220-240V outlet.
- Turn off the power immediately in case of any of the following:
- Malfunction of any switch
- Circuit failure
- Abnormal heating of wires or plugs
- Any other malfunction
CORRECT DISPOSAL OF THIS PRODUCT
This symbol indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmental safe recycling.
If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid any type of hazard. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and people with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and maintenance of the unit shall not be made by children without supervision. Prior to cleaning or doing any type of maintenance, the appliance must be disconnected from the supply.
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR EASY REFERENCE.
UNIQUE FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
FOUR-STEP FILTER PURIFICATION SYSTEM
- FIRST STEP: PRE FILTERRemoves large particles such as: Dust, Dander, Hair and others
- SECOND STEP: TRUE HEPA H13 FILTERHEPA H13 is a higher Grade of HEPA than Hepa Type or True HEPA.
- THIRD STEP: ACTIVATED CARBON FILTERAbsorbs odors, harmful VOCs, and other toxic substances such as formaldehyde.
- FOURTH STEP: IONIZERProduces negative ions to neutralize positively charged particles such as dust, bacteria, mold spores, pollen, animal dander and other airborne positive particles.
- Voltage: 110-120 V AC 60 Hz
- Rated power: 68 W
- Noise level: <66 dB(A)
- Unit dimensions: 22”H x 9.9”W x 10.9”D
- Unit weight: 15.5 lbs.
OPENING AND REPLACING THE BACK COVER
- Press the tabs on the back cover and pull on the cover. Then lift the back cover and pull out slightly.
- To reinstall the side covers, align the fixed slots and insert the covers into the slots. The covers will automatically snap back into place.
INSTALLING THE AIR PURIFIER
Do not obstruct the air intake or the clean air outlet. To ensure proper air circulation, leave at least 10” space between the back air intake and the wall or the furniture.
INSTALLING THE FILTER
The 3 stage Medify filter is a one-piece filter for higher performance. Remove the old filter by pulling on the small tab at top. When reinstalling the new filter, make sure to push it back in and make sure it is in snug for maximum performance.
- Place the machine in a dry location and on a smooth and flat surface.
- Press the top buttons in the back cover and pull the cover. Lift the back cover and pull out slightly.
- Remove the filter by pulling on the small tab at the top of filter.
- Remove any plastic packaging from the new filter before installing it in the air purifier.
- Place the new filter in the air purifier with the white side facing out to you. The tab at the top of the filter should be facing you.
- Replace the back cover.
Remove all plastic packaging from the filter before installing. it.
DO NOT run the air purifier if there is no filter installed.
HOW TO USE
BEFORE TURNING THE UNIT ON
- Take the air purifier out of the box and remove the clear protective plastic bag.
- Place the air purifier on a firm, leveled surface.
- Plug the power cord into a standard AC outlet. After plugging it in, the air purifier will beep. All the indicator lights will flash 1 time. including the power light indicator. Then, the unit will enter standby mode.
POWER BUTTON AND FAN SPEED SETTINGS
- To turn the air purifier on, press the power button.
- The unit will start working in low speed. Press the button again so the machine stops and enters standby mode.
- This air purifier has 3 fan speed settings: low, medium, high and sleep mode. The higher the fan speed setting, the faster the air will be purified. To select or change fan speed, press the fan speed button until the desired setting is reached.
Press the timer button and choose your preferred hour option: 1, 2, 4, 8 or no timer.
Ionizer is an On/Off function. You can choose to leave it on or off at your discretion. When Ionizer is on, the indicator light will be lit.
In this mode, none of the function keys can be used or changed (except the child lock function). To turn on the child lock, hold the button down for 3 to 5 seconds. To turn off the child lock function, hold the button down for 30 to 45 seconds.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Unplug the air purifier before cleaning it. Do not use too much water to clean the unit. Use a soft and wet cloth to clean the unit. Do not ever use any cleaners or chemicals on the air purifier.
CLEANING THE AIR PURIFIER
From time to time, if you see too much dust accumulated on the unit, wipe it with a clean dry cloth. Also make sure that both air intake and vents are free from dust. DO NOT vacuum or try to wash the filter as it will clog it.
LIGHT INDICATOR TO REPLACE THE FILTER
It reminds the user when the filter needs to be replaced. The indicator icon will become lit when the filter needs to be replaced.
- Indicator Lights will show the user if the filters need to be replaced. Make sure to unplug the unit before changing the filter.
- Press the top buttons on the back cover and pull the cover. Lift the back cover and pull out slightly.
- Remover the old filter from the unit by pulling on the tab at the top.
- Remove any plastic packaging from the new filter before installing it in the air purifier. Place the new filter in the air purifier with the white side facing to you.
- Replace the back cover.
- Resetting the Filter indicator Light: Once the new filter has been installed and the unit is turned back on: Hold down the FAN SPEED button and the IONIZER button at the same time for 3-5 seconds. Then, the indicator light will go off and the timer will be reset for 3000 hours.