Medisana HU 665 Heated Underblanket Instruction Manual
Explanation of symbols
Read the instruction manual carefully before using this device, especially the safety instructions, and keep the instruction manual for future use. Should you give this device to another person, it is vital that you also pass on these instructions for use.
- Before connecting the device to your power supply, please ensure that the supply voltage stated on the rating plate is compatible with your mains supply.
- The control switch should not be covered or placed on or below the heated Underblanket while the unit is in operation.
- Keep the mains lead away from hot surfaces.
- Never carry, pull or turn the heated Underblanket by the mains lead and do not let the lead get tangled.
- Never touch a device that has fallen into water. Unplug the unit from the mains outlet immediately.
- The controls and leads must not be exposed to any kind of moisture.
- The heated Underblanket may only be operated with the control unit (SS01A) supplied.
For special people
- Do not use the heated Underblanket on children or persons who are disabled, asleep or insensitive to heat (persons who cannot react on overheating).
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play with the appliance.
- Children below the age of 3 years are not allowed to use this device, because they are not able to react on overheating.
- The heated Underblanket must not be used by young children over the age of 3 years, unless the control unit has been adjusted accordingly by its parents or legal guardians and unless the child has been well instructed how to use the control unit properly.
- This appliance can be used by children older than 3 years and younger than 8 years under supervision and with the control always set to minimum temperature.
- The cable and control unit of the appliance can give rise to risks of entanglement, strangulation, tripping or treading if not correctly arranged. The user shall make sure that electric cords shall be arranged in a safe way.
- Should you have any concerns about health issues, consult your doctor before using the heated Underblanket.
- Do not use the heated Underblanket on parts of the body that are swollen, injured or inflamed.
- Should you experience persistent pains in the muscles and joints, please inform your doctor. Persistent pains can be a symptom of serious illness.
- If you wear a pacemaker, please be aware that the electromagnetic fields emanating from this electric product may, under certain circumstances, interfere with the functions of your pacemaker. Therefore, ask your doctor and the manufacturer of the pacemaker for advice before using this product.
- If you experience any pain or discomfort while using the unit, stop using it immediately.
Operating the device
- Only use the device for its intended use as in the instruction manual. If misused, all guarantee rights shall become null and void.
- Carefully check the heated Underblanket before each use, if you notice wear or damage.
- Do not use if you notice wear, damage or signs of improper use on the heated Underblanket, the switch or the cables or if the device is not working.
- Do not fold or crease the heated Underblanket during use.
- Neither pierce the heated Underblanket with, nor attach safety pins or other spiky or sharp objects to the heated Underblanket.
- Never use the heated Underblanket unsupervised.
- The device is only for private use and is not to be used in hoes- of time. This is normal. The fast re-heating according to the Name and model: Medisana Heated Underblanket HU 665 petals.
- Do not fall asleep while the heated Underblanket is switched on.
- Prolonged use of the heated Underblanket at a high setting could lead to skin burns.
- If the appliance is used on an adjustable bed, check that the Underblanket and cord do not become trapped or rucked, for example in hinges.
- Do not use the heated Underblanket when wet and only use it in dry environments (not in the bathroom or similar environments).
- There are four rubber bands sewn onto the heated Underblanket. Use these bands to tighten the heated Underblanket over the corners of the mattress. Make sure that the heated Underblanket is firmly strapped to the mattress in both directions and that it will not crease while it is being used. Check it is in the correct position before going to bed.
Maintenance and cleaning
- You are only permitted to clean the unit. To avoid hazards, never repair the device yourself. Contact the customer service.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- If the power supply cable is damaged, it may only be replaced by Medisana, an authorised dealer or by qualified personnel in order to avoid hazards.
- A damaged power supply cable must be replaced with a power cable of the same type.
- If a fault occurs, do not attempt to repair the unit yourself. Repairs must only be carried out by an authorized specialist dealer or other suitably qualified personnel.
- When storing the heated Underblanket, allow it to cool down before laying out flat in a clean and dry place.
- Do not store the device with any objects covering or resting on top of it in order to avoid sharp crinkles.
Scope of supply
Please check first of all that the device is complete and is not damaged in any way. In case of doubt, do not use the it and contact your dealer or your service centre.The following parts are included:
- 1 Medisana Heated Underblanket HU 665 with removable switching unit
- 1 Instruction manual
If you notice any transport damage during unpacking, please contact your dealer without delay.
WARNINGPlease ensure that the polythene packing is kept away from the reach of children! Risk of suffocation!
Make sure, the connection cable of the control unit is properly connected to the plug of the heated Underblanket. Plug the unit into the mains outlet and move the slider control (2) to the first of the three possible positions. Level indicator (1) will light up showing 1.
After a few minutes you will be able to feel the heated Underblanket getting noticeably warmer. If you require a higher temperature setting, move the switch to the next positions 2 or 3.If the heated Underblanket gets too hot for you, move the slider back to position 2 or 1. After a short time, the heated Underblanket will cool down.
The heated Underblanket may cool down after a short period of time. This is normal. The fast re-heating according to the setting will follow immediately.
To switch the unit off, move the switch back to starting position. The level indicator (1) will go out, indicating that the unit is switched off. Unplug the unit from the mains outlet.
Move the switch to position 1 for any continuous use. The heated Underblanket will switch off automatically after approx. 180 minutes of continuous use.
To switch it back on again, move the slider switch to starting position and then back to the desired heat setting. Unplug the unit from the mains outlet once you have finished using it.
If there is no function at all after switching on the heated Underblanket (level indicator (1) shows no light), please check if the mains plug is correctly plugged into the mains outlet. If this is the case, the heated Underblanket is defect. Please do not use the heated Underblanket and contact the service centre.
Cleaning and maintenance
- Before cleaning the heated Underblanket, unplug it from the mains outlet and let it cool down for at least ten minutes.
- The heated Underblanket is equipped with a removable control unit (SS01A).
- Unplug the control unit from the heated Underblanket by pulling out the connection cable from the plug on the heated Underblanket.
- The heated Underblanket can be machine washed at 30° in a delicate programme or by hand gently. The best way to do this is to put the heated Underblanket in a bath with lukewarm water and some mild detergent and then gently squeeze it out.
- Never use strong detergents or hard brushes.
- To dry, lay the heated Underblanket flat on a moisture absorbent towel or mat.
- Only use the Underblanket again once it is completely dry.
- Reconnect the control unit to the heated Underblanket in the correct manner.
- You should untangle the cable from time to time.
- Store the unit in a clean and dry place, laid out flat with nothing covering or resting on top of it.
This product must not be disposed of together with domestic waste. All users are obliged to hand in all electrical or electronic devices, regardless of when there or not they contain toxic substances, at a municipal or commercial collection point so that they can be disposed of in an environmentally acceptable manner. Consult your municipal authority or your dealer for information about disposal.
Name and model: Medisana Heated Underblanket HU 665Power supply: 220-240V~, 50/60HzHeat output: 55-60 wattsAutomatic switch-off: after approx. 180 minutesDimensions approx.: 150 x 80 cmOperating conditions: Only use in dry rooms according to this user manualStorage conditions: clean and dryArt. number: 60217EAN number: 40 15588 60217 7
In accordance with our policy of continual product improvement, we reserve the right for technical and design changes without notice.
The current version of this instruction manual can be found under www.medisana.com
Warranty and repair terms
Please contact your dealer or the service centre in case of a claim under the warranty. If you have to return the unit, please enclose a copy of your receipt and state what the defect is. The following warranty terms apply:
- The warranty period for Medisana products is three years from date of purchase. In case of a warranty claim, the date of purchase has to be proven by means of thesales receipt or invoice.
- Defects in material or workmanship will be removed free of charge within the warranty period.
- Repairs under warranty do not extend the warranty period either for the unit or for the replacement parts.
- The following is excluded under the warranty:a. All damage which has arisen due to improper treatment, e.g. non-observance of the user instructions.b. All damage which is due to repairs or tampering by the customer or unauthorised third parties.c. Damage which has arisen during transport from the manufacturer to the consumer or during transport to the service centre.d. Accessories which are subject to normal wear and tear.
- Liability for direct or indirect consequential losses caused by the unit are excluded even if the damage to the unit is accepted as a warranty claim.
Medisana GmbHJagenbergstr. 1941468 NEUSSGERMANY