The Merlin Four Button Control can be used with both Merlin Security+ and Security+ 2.0 codes (dual function). 4 buttons are available and any button can be programmed with either code.
Initially: Locate the LEARN button on your particular opener and identify the button on the remote you wish to use. Do not select a button already in use.
Programming – Merlin Security+ 2.0 door opener systems
The remote is preset for use with Merlin Security+ 2.0 systems, so for EVO door opener models with this code, simply program in the usual manner. Refer to the WIRELESS PROGRAMMING section in your Opener Operating Manual.
NOTE: If you are unsure what code has been set previously, use the Security+ programming sequence on page 2.
- Press & hold the button on the remote you wish to use.
- Press & release the LEARN button on the opener.
- Release the remote button when the opener light flashes.The code has been learnt and the next press of the remote button should activate the door.
E970M – Four Button Remote ControlWARNING
To prevent possible SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH:
- Do not ingest battery, Chemical Burn Hazard.
- This product contains a coin cell battery. If the coin cell battery if swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and lead to death.
- Dispose of used button batteries immediately and safely.Flat batteries can still be dangerous
- Keep new and used batteries away from children.
- If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep away from children.
- If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
Programming – Merlin Security+ door opener systems
To do this you will need to enter the unique REMOTE PROGRAMMING sequence:
- Enter the programming MODE on the remote by pressing and holding the left and right buttons simultaneously for around 5 seconds (fig 1). Release when the remote LED stays ON continuously.
- Press & release the LEARN button on your garage door opener briefly (fig 2). Within 30 seconds, the remote can now be programmed.
- Select the button on the remote you wish to program and press once (fig 3). If the opener light flashes, the code has been learnt and step 4 can be performed. If not, press the selected button again until the opener light flashes, indicating the code has been learnt. At this point, do not press this button any more.
- Now press any one of the OTHER 3 buttons of the remote (fig 4). This LOCKS IN the code to the button selected in step 3 and the remote LED turns OFF.
- The next press of the button should activate the door, if not repeat the process.
NOTE: In the event you need to return a button to Security+ 2.0 code, repeat the programming sequence outlined above.
HOW TO USE THE REMOTE
Press and hold the button down until the garage door starts to move. The remote will operate from up to 3 car lengths away on typical installations. Installations and conditions vary, contact an installing dealer for more information.
THE REMOTE CONTROL BATTERY
The lithium battery should produce power for up to 3 years. If the battery is low, the remote control’s LED will not flash when the button is pressed. To replace battery:
Additional buttons on the remote can be programmed to operate up to 3 devices such as additional garage door openers, light controls, gate operators or access control systems.
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Chamberlain Australia Pty Limited / Chamberlain NewZealand (Chamberlain), the manufacturer of Merlin®automac garage door openers, warrants to the original consumer purchaser of this product that it is free from defect in materials and/or workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.Chamberlain is committed to manufacturing and supplying high-quality goods. As part of this commitment, we seek to provide reliable service and support for our goods and are pleased to provide you, the original purchaser, with this Chamberlain Limited Warranty.The benefits given to you under this Chamberlain Limited Warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies that you may have under Australian or New Zealand consumer protection laws. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law, or New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a majorfailure.