Freestanding Condenser DryerInstallation Guide
Please read these instructions carefully before attempting to install or use this appliance. We recommend that you keep these instructions in a safe place for future reference.
WelcomeThank you for choosing this Montpellier Condenser Dryer.Our Dryers have been designed to provide you with the best combination of style, reliability and performance to give you years of trouble-free use.You may be familiar with a similar product, but please take time to read these instructions carefully before installing or using your Dryer to ensure you get the most from your purchase.YEAR GUARANTEE — PARTS & L A BOU R—ACROSS AL L 0 UR MODE LS Montpellier www.montpelliefrappianceszomWe recommend that you keep this manual in a safe place for future reference.Your Condenser Dryer is covered by a comprehensive two year parts & labour guarantee. In the unlikely event that you experience a problem with your Dryer, you can rest assured that you are fully protected against the cost of repairs for the first 24 months . Please note that any claim must be accompanied by the model reference number, serial number and proof of purchase.To activate your guarantee, you will need your product serial number. This can be found on the rear of the machine.
Th ere are two ways to register your Guarantee:
- Online: Visit the Support page on our website and complete the online Product Registration form. www.mantpellier-appliances.com
- By Post: Simply detach and fill in the form provided, attach a stamp andsend it in the post. Don’t forget to include your e-mail address that we can send to You.
Note: We are unable to take registrations over the phone.
To prevent any damages to your and others’ life or property, you have to follow the safety notes.
- This product belongs to Category I electrical appliances, and only for drying textiles which have been washed with water in the household. Please pay attention to the safety of power use during the operation!
- The power source with reliable earthing must be used. Its earth wire must be buried under the ground and shall not be connected with the public utilities such as city water pipe or gas pipe etc. The earth wire and null wire shall be distinguished and shall not be connected together.
- The power wire shall be met IEC and must be able to withstand the current above 16A. To ensure your and your family’s safety, please make improvement immediately if any power use at your home does not meet the above-mentioned requirements.
- Do not put more load than recommended. Obey the maximum load volume. See the related chapter in the user manual.
- That the tumble dryer is not to be used if industrial chemicals have been used for cleaning.
- Do not dry unwashed items in the tumble dryer.
- Items that have been soiled with substances such as cooking oil, acetone, alcohol, petrol, kerosene, spot removers, turpentine, waxes and wax removers should be washed in hot water with an extra amount of detergent before being dried in the tumble dryer.
- Items such as foam rubber (latex foam), shower caps, waterproof textiles, rubber backed articles and clothes or pillows fitted with foam rubber pads should not be dried in the tumble dryer.
- Fabric softeners, or similar products, should be used as specified by the fabric softener instructions.
- The final part of a tumble dryer cycle occurs without heat (cool down cycle) to ensure that the items are left at a temperature that ensures that the items will not be damaged.
- The lint trap has to be cleaned frequently.
- The lint must not to be allowed to accumulate around the tumble dryer.
- Adequate ventilation has to be provided to avoid the back flow of gases into the room from appliance burning other fuels, including open fires.
- The exhaust air must not be discharged into a flue which is used for exhausting fumes from appliance burning gas or other fuels.
- The appliance must not be install behind a lockable door, a sliding door or a door with a hinge on the opposite side to that of the tumble dryer. In such a way that a full opening of the tumble dryer door is restricted.
- Oil-affected items can ignite spontaneously, especially when exposed to heat sources such as in a tumble dryer. The items become warm, causing an oxidation reaction in the oil. Oxidation creates heat. If the heat cannot escape, the items can become hot enough to catch fire. Piling, stacking or storing oil-affected items can prevent heat from escaping and so create a fire hazard.
- If it is unavoidable that fabrics that contain vegetable or cooking oil or have been contaminated by hair care products be placed in a tumble dryer they should first be washed in hot water with extra detergent-this will reduce, but not eliminate, the hazard.
- The appliance should not be overturned during normal use or maintenance.
- Remove all objects from pockets such as lighters and matches.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.(This warning is only for EUROPEAN market)
- The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.(This warning is not for EUROPEAN market).
- If the power cable is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- This appliance is for indoor use only.
- The openings must not be obstructed by a carpet.
- Children of less than 3 years should be kept away unless continuously supervised.
- If the appliance appear high temperature abnormally , please draw the mail plug immediately.
- Warning: The appliance must not be supplied through an external switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and off by a utility.
- Remove all packages before using the appliance. Otherwise,serious damage may result. &Warning! -) Never stop a tumble dryer before the end of the drying cycle otherwise too much heat will diffuse and may cause harm.
Correct Disposal of this product:
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmental safe recycling.
Electric shock hazard
- Do not draw the power cord forcefully to pull out the mains plug.
- Please do not plug/draw the mains plug with wet hands,
- Do not damage the power cord and the power plug.
- Do not disassemble and install the dryer under no instruction or supervision.
- Do not stack this dryer on washing machine without stacking kits.(if want stacking on washing machine, please purchase the independent parts and it must be installed by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.)
- Do not lean on the opened door of the dryer.
- Do not put any pyrotoxin on the dryer, such as the candle, electric cooker.
- Do not dry over the rated capacity.
- Do not operate the dryer without the filter door and filter base.
- Do not dry the clothes before being spun.
- Do not expose the dryerdirectly under the sun, and indoor use only
- Do not install the dryer in humid and drenching environment.
- While cleaning and maintenance, please do remember to pull out the power plug and do not directly wash the dryer with water.
Please do not dry the clothes with some flammable substances such as coal oil, alcohol or there will be explosion.
Note: Please see the products you purchased in kind prevail.
The following parts are optional for specific models. If your dryer has following parts, please wear gloves and install them following the instruction below.
Move cautiously. Do not grasp any salient parts of machine. The machine door can not be used as the handle for delivery. If the dryer can’t be transported erectly, the dryer could be slant to right less than 30°.
- it is recommended that, for your convenience, the machine is positioned close to your washing machine.
- The tumble dryer must be installed in a clean place, where dirt does not build up. Air must be able to circulate freely all round the appliance. Do not obstruct the front air inlet or the air intake grilles at the back of the machine.
- To keep vibration and noise to a minimum when the dryer is in use, it should be placed on a firm and level surface.
- The feet must never be removed. Do not restrict the floor clearance through deep pile carpets, strips of wood or similar. This might cause heat built-up which would interfere with the operation of the appliance.
Once in its permanent operating position, check that the dryer is absolutely level with the aid of a spirit level. If it is not, adjust the feet with a tool.
Power Supply Connection
- Make sure that the voltage of the power supply is the same as the electric specification of the dryer.
- Do not connect the dryer to a multi-plug extension adaptor or extension cables.
Before Each Drying
- Leave it to stand for 2 hours after transporting. Before first use, please use the soft fabric to clean the inside drum..
- Put some clean rags into the drum.
- Plug the power, press [ On/Off . 3. Select the [ Refresh ] Programme, press [ Start/Pause] button. 4.After finishing this programme, please follow the “Cleaning And Care” (refer to page 16) to clean the filter door.
- During drying, the compressor and the water pump generate some noise which is entirely normal.
- Before drying, thoroughly spin the laundry in washing machine. High spin speed can reducethe drying time and save energy consumption.
- For uniform drying result, sort the laundry according to fabric type and drying programme.
- Before drying, please close zips, hooks and eyelets, button up, tie fabric belts, etc.
- Do not over dry the clothes, because over dried clothes can easily get creases.
- Do not dry the articles containing rubber or similar elastic materials.
- The door can be opened only after the programme of the drying machine finishes to prevent human skin from being scalded by hot steam or over heated drying machine.
- Clean the lint filter and empty container after each use to avoid extension of drying time and energy consumption.
- Do not dry these clothes after dry-clean process.
- Please choose the related programme when deal with wool material clothes, to make the cloth more fresh and fluffy.
The reference weight of dry clothes (each)
Note: Never Over Load.
Please follow the symbols guides on your clothing’s. See bellow details.
- On/OffProduct is switched on or off.
- Start/PausPress the button to start or pause the drying cycle.
- Working state LED Mb
- Function LED3h, 6h, 9h, 12h, Child lock, Filter, Full and Anti-Crease
- Specialty functionThese buttons are used for setting additional functions ( Delay, Anti-Crease, Childlock).
- ProgrammesDifferent Dryer cycle can be selected according to the user’s needs to make the clothes have more effective drying result.
- Press the [On/Off] button. When the LED display screen brightens up, rotate the programme knob to select the desired programme.
- Select the [Delay] or [Anti-Crease] functions for additional option.
- Press the [Start/Pause] key.
The drum will keep rotating after the programme starts, the lights in the display area will flash in sequence, the remaining time displayed will change automatically.
- The drum will stop running after the programme ends, the working state LED will stay light and buzzer will ring. The ‘Filter’ and ‘Full’ LED will remind user to clean the filters and container.. The dryer will start [Anti-crease] function if user doesn’t remove the load in time (refer to page 15). Please press [On/Off] key to cut off power and pull the plug out 2.Dea I with the problems according to “Malfunction display and solutions’, if there is a unexpected stop during the drying procedure and the dryer show information (refer to page 18 ).
- Instructions of the [Delay] function
This function is used for delaying clothes drying time for up to 24 hours. The delay time means the programme will start after x hours. When the delay programme starts, the time starts to decrease on the display and the delay icon blinks. Steps in details:
- Load your laundry and make sure the machine door is closed.
- Press the [On/Off] button, then to turn the programme selector knob and select a desired programme.
- You can select the [Anti-Crease] functions according to your need.
- To press the [Delay] key.
- Continue to press the [Delay] to select the delay time.
- After the [Start/Pause] key is pushed, the Dryer is at the run condition. The drying procedure will be automatically performed when the delay time is over.
- If you push the [Start/Pause] button again, the delay function will be paused.
- If you want to cancel the ‘ Delay” function, p lease press the [On/Off] button.
- Instructions of the (Anti-Crease] functionAt the end of the drying cycle,the anti-crease phase time is 30 minutes (default ) or 120 minutes (selected). This function prevents the laundry from creases.The laundry can be removed during the anti-crease phase. Except [Cool] , [Refresh] , all the other programmes have this function.
- Instructions of the (Child Lock] function
- This machine Incorporates a special child safety lock, which can prevent children from carelessly pressing keys or affecting the operation.
- When the dryer is at the operation state, press the [Anti-Crease] and [Delay] buttons at the same time for over 3 seconds to start child lock function. When child lock function is set, the display will show Child lock icon and no key can effect to the dryer except [On/Off] button. Under the start state of the child lock, the [Anti-Crease] and [Delay] buttons shall be pressed at the same time for over 3 seconds to release the child lock function.
Drying Programmes Table
- This symbol means the energy efficiency test programme “standard cotton programme”, which isaccordance with the applicable EN 61121 standard and most suitable to dry normal cotton load at ratedload capacity.
- Thick or multi-layered fabrics,e.g. bedlinen, jeans, jackets etc, are not easy to dry.You’d better choose Cotton Extra programme.
- As the uneven material, thick and multi-layered clothes are not easy to dry, it is better to choose theappropriate time drying programme to dry them if some parts of the clothes still damp after programmefinished.
Cleaning And Care
Empty the water container
- Hold and pull out the water container a on on with two hands.
- Tilt the water container, pour out the condensate water into basin.
- Install the water container.
- Empty the water container after each use, the programme will be paused andthe Full LED icon will light if the water container is full during the dryingprocess. After the container is emptied, the dryer can be restarted by pressing[Start/Pause] button.
- Do not drink the condensate water.
- Do not use the dryer without the water container.
Clean the filter door
- Open the door. Hine,
- Take out the filter door.
- Clean the filter door; wipe off the scrap threads accumulated on the filter door.
- Reinstall the filter door.
Clean filter base
- Open the cover. XS
- Unscrew both locking levers towards each other.
- Clean the filter base completely.
- Re-insert the filter base!
- Screw both locking levers.
- Close the cover until it locks into position.
- The fluff accumulated on the filter will block the air circulation, which will cause7he extension of drying time and energy consumption.
- Disconnect the power cord before cleaning!
- Do not operate the dryer without the filter!
- Clean the filter after each use to prevent lint accumulation inside the dryer.
Clean heat exchanger
- As necessary, approx. once every 2 months, remove the fluff from the heat exchanger using the sponge or soft brush.
- When doing this, please use gloves.
• The fluff can be removed more easily if it is 1 I damp.
Wash air condenser
Leave the dryer to cool down. Residual water may escape, place an absorbent cloth under the maintenance cover.
- Unlock the maintenance cover.
- Completely open maintenance cover.
- Screw both locking levers towards each other.
- Pool out the air condenser. 5. Clean the air condenser completely, drain thoroughly.
- Clean the seals.
- Re-insert the air condenser, handle at the button!
- Unscrew both locking levers.
- Cloth the maintenance cover until it locks into position. Please clean the air condenser approx., once every 3 months if frequently used. Do not damage the air condenser!
- Clean with water only; do not use hard/sharp-edged objects! Do not operate the dryer without the air condenser!
- During drying, water may collect between the window and the seal, but this does not affect the function of your dryer!
- Only a uthorised technicians can carry out repairs.
- Before you call service, please check if you have dealt with the fault yourself or if you have followed the user instructions.
- A technician can charge you for no fault found, even during the warranty period.
Contains fluorinated greenhouse gases covered by the Kyoto Protocol. Hermetically sealed.
- The rated capacity is the maximum capacity, make sure that the dry clothes which are loaded to the appliance do not exceed the rated capacity each time.
- Do not install the tumble dryer in a room when there is a risk of frost occurring. At temperatures around freezing point the tumble dryer may not be able to operate properly.
- There is a risk of damage if the condensate water is allowed to freeze in the pump, hoses and / or condensate water container.
Here For You
If you continue to experience problems with your Condenser Dryer, please call the Montpellier customer service helpline on: 01759 487839
Please have all your product details available, including the model number, serial number, date of purchase, and your retailer’s details before registering a fault.The service call cannot progress without this information.
Your 2 year Manufacturer’s guarantee
THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS. Your new Montpellier appliance carries a free guarantee which protects you against the cost of repairs during the first 24 months from date of purchase provided that Any claim is accompanied by evidence of the model reference, model serial number and proof of purchase, such as a Sales Receipt, showing that the appliance was purchased within the 24 months prior to the date of claim.
What is not covered under the Guarantee
- Any appliance not correctly installed and operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Any appliance that is used for anything other than domestic purposes.
- Any defect caused by accident misuse, unauthorized modification or inexpert repair.
- Cost of Call-out where a fault cannot be found with the appliance.
- Cost of Call-out for work covering routine maintenance, such as, but not exclusively, cleaning of filters or defrosting.
- Cost of Call-out for work required to correct the alignment of doors following door reversal procedures carried out by you.
- Use of the appliance by anyone other than the Householder.
- Use in any commercial environment
- Consumable items, such as, but not exclusively, fuses in plugs, bulbs and breakable items which require routine replacement.
- Repair costs incurred that have not been authorized by Montpellier service and/or carried out by a non-approved Montpellier engineer.
- Montpellier Appliances do not accept claims for consequential loss, rusting, corroding, delivery damage or scratches.
YOUR GUARANTEE IS VALID ONLY IN THE UK.
To register your appliance simply complete the card in your appliance pack and return it with a stamp affixed or alternatively you can register online at www.montpelller-appllances.com/support
Should your appliance develop a fault please call the Montpellier customer service helpline on: 01759 487839Please remember to have all your product details available, including the model number, serial number, date of purchase and your retailer’s details before registering a fault.
Montpellier Domestic Appliances Ltd.Unit 1, Tewkesbury Retail Park, Northway Lane,Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire GL20 8JU
The symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste Instead it shall be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product For more detailed information about recycling of this product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product