CLS SERIES CHARGERSHCTN4002PMPN4528A
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
This document contains important safety and operating instructions. Please read these instructions carefully and save them for future reference. Before using the battery charger, read all the instructions and cautionary markings on (1) the charge and (2) the battery.
- To reduce risk of damage to the power cords, pull the plug rather than the cord when disconnecting from the AC outlet or the charger.
- An extension cord should not be used unless absolutely necessary. Use of an improper extension cord could result in risk of fire and electric shock. If an extension cord must be used, make sure that the cord size is 18 AWG for lengths of up to 6.5 feet (2.0 m), and 16 AWG for lengths up to 9.8 feet (3.0 m).
- To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury, do not operate the charger if it has been broken or damaged in any way. Take it to a qualified Motorola Solutions service representative.
- Do not disassemble the charger. It is not repairable and replacement parts are not available.
- Disassembly of the charger may result in risk of electric shock or fire.
- To reduce risk of electric shock, unplug the charger from the AC outlet before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
- To reduce risk of injury, charge only the rechargeable Motorola Solutions Authorized
- Batteries listed in Online User Manual. Other batteries may explode, causing personal injury and damage.
- Use of accessories not recommended by Motorola Solutions may result in a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury.
- Ensure the area behind the mounting surface is always free of electrical wires, cables, and pipes before cutting, drilling, or installing the mounting screws.
- Do not install the product where the weight cannot be supported. If the strength of the location where the wall mount is installed is not strong enough, it can fall off and cause an injury.
- Do not install on a structure that is prone to vibration, movement, or chance of impact.
OPERATIONAL SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Turn off the radio when charging the battery.
- Connect the charger/power supply to a nearby and easily accessible power outlet.
- This equipment is not suitable for outdoor use.Use only in dry locations and conditions.
- Maximum ambient temperature around the charger must not exceed 40 °C (104 °F).
- Connect the charger only to an appropriate power supply listed in the Online User Guide.
- Make sure the power cord is located where it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or subjected to water, damage, or stress.
- Connect the power cord only to an appropriately fused and wired AC outlet with the correct voltage, as specified on the product.
- Disconnect from line voltage by removing the power cord from the AC outlet.
NOTE:This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:-Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.-Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.-Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.-Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/ TV technician for help.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONThe complete Online User Guide is available at https://www.motorolasolutions.com through publication part number:MN006468A01 – CLS Single- Unit Charger/ CLS Multi-Unit Charger
Safety Instructions Leaflet
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLASOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.© 2020 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.Printed In