motorola 3-in-1 Non-contact Baby Thermometer MBP66N
CARE3-in-1 non-contact baby thermometerModel: MBP66N
For a full explanation of all features and instructions, please refer to the User’s Guide (available for download from www.motorolastore.com).
Setting up the 3-in-1 non-contact baby Thermometer
- The key to obtaining accurate readings is a clean sensor. To clean the sensor, use a cotton swab slightly moistened with alcohol to gently wipe its surface, and then immediately wipe dry using a clean cotton swab. Wait at least 20 minutes to make sure that the sensor is completely dry before taking temperature.
- Skin surface lipids on the forehead may cause an inaccurate measurement, so make sure the forehead is clean. If you clean the forehead, please keep waiting a further 5 to 10 minutes before measuring.
- If the temperature of the storage area differs greatly from that of the measuring area, please wait until the thermometer temperature has equalized to the room temperature, about 30 minutes, prior to use.
- Gently slide the battery cover back and install 2 x 1.5V AAA size alkaline batteries (which can be found inside the packaging) according to the proper polarity, slide the battery cover back, press the button to turn the thermometer on.
How to measure forehead temperature
Make sure the probe is clean before measuring.
- Press the button to power on the thermometer. When the device is ready, ‘ – – ’ will appear on the screen.
- Press once the button to select the Forehead Mode.
- Position the thermometer about 3cm (around 1 inch) from the center of the forehead with the sensor aimed between the eyebrows.
- Press once the button, when the measurement is completed, it will end with a confirmation tone.
- If the temperature measurement is below 380C/100.40F, a symbol will be appeared on display and the Green LED will be on. If the reading is 380C/100.40F or above, symbol will be appeared on display and the Red LED will be on.
- About 30 seconds after use, the thermometer will automatically beep and shut off.
- High Temperature Alarm appears in both Forehead Mode and Forehead/Silent Mode. When taking a patient’s temperature, ensure that the thermometer is in Forehead Mode; the symbol appear on the display.
- If the skin is covered with hair, sweat, or dirt, clean the area and wait 10 minutes before taking a measurement.
- Ensure that the thermometer is held firmly during measurement and that the patient does not move until the measurement is completed, movement may impact the measurement.
Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty (“Warranty”)Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International Ltd. (“BINATONE”).
What Does This Warranty Cover?Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product (“Product”) or certified accessory (“Accessory”) sold for use with this product is manufactured to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal consumer usage for the period outlined below. This Warranty is your exclusive warranty and is not transferable.
Who Is covered?This Warranty extends only to the first consumer purchaser, and is not transferable.
What Will BINATONE Do?BINATONE or its authorized distributor, at its option and within a commercially reasonable time, will at no charge repair or replace any Products or Accessories that does not conform to this Warranty.We may use functionally equivalent reconditioned/refurbished/pre-owned or new Products, Accessories or parts.
What Other Limitations Are There?ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, OTHERWISE THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENTPROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR ACCESSORY, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS OR ACCESSORIES TO THE FULL EXTENT THESE DAMAGES MAY BE DISCLAIMED BY LAW.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, or limitation on the length of an implied warranty, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from one jurisdiction to another.
|Length of Coverage
|One (1) year from the date of the products, original purchase by the first consumer purchaser of the product.
|Ninety (90) days from the date of the Accessories, original purchase by the first consumer purchaser of the product.
|Consumer Products and Accessories that are Repaired or Replaced
|The balance of the original warranty or for Ninety (90) days from the date returned to the consumer, whichever is longer.
Normal Wear and Tear. Periodic maintenance, repair and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear are excluded from coverage.
Batteries. Only batteries whose fully charged capacity falls below 80% of their rated capacity and batteries that leak are covered by this Warranty.
Abuse & Misuse. Defects or damage that result from: (a) improper operation, storage, misuse or abuse, accident or neglect, such as physical damage (cracks, scratches, etc.) to the surface of the product resulting from misuse; (b) contact with liquid, water, rain, extreme humidity or heavy perspiration, sand, dirt or the like, extreme heat, or food; (c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE, are excluded from coverage.
Use of Non-Motorola branded Products and Accessories. Defects or damage that result from the use of Non-Motorola branded or certified Products or Accessories or other peripheral equipment are excluded from coverage.
Unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damages resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, or modification in any way by someone other than MOTOROLA, BINATONE or its authorized service centers, are excluded from coverage.
Altered Products. Products or Accessories with (a) serial numbers or date tags that have been removed, altered or obliterated; (b) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched board serial numbers; or (d) non-conforming or non-Motorola branded housings, or parts, are excluded from coverage.
Communication Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of Products or Accessories due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the Products or Accessories is excluded from coverage.
You will receive instructions on how to ship the Products or Accessories at your expense and risk, to a BINATONE Authorised Repair Center. To obtain service, you must include: (a) the Product or Accessory; (b) the original proof of purchase (receipt) which includes the date, place and seller of the Product; (c) if a warranty card was included in your box, a completed warranty card showing the serial number of the Product; (d) a written description of the problem; and, most importantly; (e) your address and telephone number.
These terms and conditions constitute the complete warranty agreement between you and BINATONE regarding the Products or Accessories purchased by you, and supersede any prior agreement or representations, including representations made in any literature publications or promotional materials issued by BINATONE or representations made by any agent, employee or staff of BINATONE, that may have been made in connection with the said purchase.
Disposal of the Device (Environment)At the end of the product life cycle, you should not dispose of this product with normal household waste. Take this product to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The symbol on the product, user’s guide and/or box indicates this obligation.By taking end-of-life products to a recycling point, you are ensuring that some of the product materials can be re-used. By reusing some parts or raw materials from used products, you make an important contribution to the protection of the environment.Please contact your local authorities should you require additional information on the collection points in your area.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY(EMC)
With the increased number of electronic devices such as PC’s and mobile (cellular) telephones, medical devices in use may be susceptible to electromagnetic interference from other devices. Electromagnetic interference may result in incorrect operation of the medical device and create a potentially unsafe situation.Medical devices should also not interfere with other devices.In order to regulate the requirements for EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) with the aim to prevent unsafe product situations, the IEC 60601-1-2:2014 standard has been implemented. This standard defines the levels of immunity to electromagnetic interferences as well as maximum levels of electromagnetic emissions for medical devices. Medical devices manufactured by AViTA Corporation. conform to this IEC 60601-1-2:2014 standard for both immunity and emissions.Nevertheless, special precautions need to be observed:The use of accessories and cables other than those specified by manufacturer, with the exception of cables sold by manufacturer as replacement parts for internal components, may result in increased emission or decreased immunity of the device.
- The medical devices should not be used adjacent to or stacked with other equipment. In case adjacent or stacked use is necessary, the medical device should be observed to verify normal operation in the configuration in which it will be used.
- Refer to further guidance below regarding the EMC environment in which the device should be used.
Model name: NT17Ref. no. MBP66NStandard Specification for Infrared Thermometer: ASTM E 1965-98 : 2016China Manufacturing License(s) : SSYJXSCX20040018Registration Certificate(s) : SXZZ20182200808Manufacturer : AViTA (WuJiang) Co.LTD.Add.: No. 858, Jiao Tong Rd., Wujiang Economic Development Zone, Suzhou City , Jiangsu Province, P.R.C.Tel: +86-512-8207-8288Made in China
Download User Guide from website: www.motorolastore.com/support
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Binatone Electronics International LTD., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2020 Motorola Mobility LLC. All rights reserved.
Printed in ChinaVersion 1.0