NSA TFDC-60RC Ultra Cool Column Fan with DC Motor User Manual
With a clear focus on new technologies, innovation and design, NSAUK has played a leading role in the Air Improvement industry for over 20 years.NSAUK uses the latest technologies to maximise consumer benefits with energy saving DC motors and cordless rechargeability at the forefront.Boasting 8 Quiet Mark accreditations, NSAUK are the leading brand for build quality & exceptionally quiet performance.
Thank you for purchasing this Mains Powered Column Fan w. DC Motor & Remote Control TFDC-60RC. This elegant column fan is ideal for any location ~ home or office. It combines stylish good looks with exceptional cooling performance and quiet operation.
- Mains Powered Column Fan
- DC Economy Motor
- Dial Controls w. Digital Display
- Remote Control w.3V battery (CR2032)
- Integrated Carry Handle w. RC recess
- 3 Modes – Breeze, Sleep & Auto – w. 5 speeds
- 24 speeds
- 0.5h to 15 hour Timer with Preset
- Aroma / Scent Box
Please read this instruction manual before using your Column Fan for the first timeKeep safe for future reference.
Included in the box you will find
- Column Fan with DC Motor
- Remote Control
- CR2032 cell battery (for remote control)
- User guide
Unpack all items from the box – as detailed above. The plug and power cord are packed into the base of the fan. Carefully upend the fan, release the clip on the base, pull out the cord and plug, close the base with the notch over the power cord.Place your column fan on a firm, dry, level surface, away from curtains & blinds.Connect to an electrical socket, turn on the power and you are all set.
- Dial/Touch Control Panel for Manual
- Operation (see Fig 4)
- Digital Display Panel (see Fig 5)
- Remote Control Receiver
- Front Grille
- Air Outlet
- Aroma Tray / Scent Box
- Fan Base (Oscillation Base)
- Carry Handle
- Remote Control Recess / Storage
- Back Panel
- Air Intake
- Power Cable (packed inside base)
NOTE: Remove plastic cover around air vents before using.
- Mode Selection – Breeze / Sleep / Eco-AI
- Speed / Timer Adjustment
- On / Off
- Timer / Pre-Set timerDigital DisplayRemote control
- On / Off
- Decrease – Speed / Timer
- Increase – Speed / Timer
- Timer / Preset Timer
- Mode Selection – Breeze / Sleep / Eco-AI
The fan can be operated either manually using the control panel on the top of the fan or by using the remote control supplied with the product.
Connect the fan to the power supply and using the manual controls on the top of the fan or on the remote control press ON/OFF once to switch on the fan and press again to stop the fan from running.If you wish to turn off the digital display (eg: night time use), press and hold the On/ Off button on the manual controls for 3 seconds. To reactivate the display, press any button.
OSC: Press OSC to select the oscillation function. The fan will swing in a 90° arc to circulate the air around the room. Press OSC again to turn off this function.
SPEED: When the fan is first plugged into the electrical supply, the fan speed will be set at 12 – medium speed. Subsequent uses will remember the previous setting.To increase the speed using the manual controls rotate the dial clockwise or use the “+” button on the remote control.To decrease the speed, rotate the dial anticlockwise or use the “-” on the remote control until you reach your preferred speed setting.There are 24 speeds to choose from.
The digital display on the front of the fan will flash the word SPEED during the selection process. When no button is pressed for 3 secs the fan speed is set and the display will indicate the speed selected.
With the fan powered ON, press the PRESET/TIMER button on the manual controls and then rotate the dial clockwise to increase or anticlockwise to decrease the timer to set the required length of operation between 0.5hr & 15hrs.
- When using the remote control, press the PRESET/TIMER button once and then press “+”to increase or “-” to decrease timer to set the length of operation.
- The digital display on the front of the fan will flash TIMER during the selection process. When no button is pressed for 3 secs the selection will be set.
- To turn off the digital display press and hold the ON/OFF button for 3 seconds. To reactivate, press any button.
- The fan will operate normally and automatically turn off at the selected time.
- Use in conjunction with the fan modes – see page 12-13.
To use PRESET timer for delayed start – the unit must be OFF and plugged into the mains.Press the PRESET/TIMER button on the manual controls and then rotate the dial clockwise to increase or anticlockwise to decrease the timer to set the required delayed start 0.5hr and 15hrs.On the remote control – press PRESET/TIMER once and then “+” to increase or “-” to decrease in 0.5hr increments up to 3hrs, then one hour increments up to 15hr delayed start – this will be displayed in blue at the top of the main panel.The fan will start when the desired time is reached.It is also possible to set desired fan speed or mode settings while the fan is off.
TIP: Our suggestion is to always use the timer function – even for 1 or 2 hours – that way, you have peace of mind if you leave the room or your house – the fan will automatically turn off when the set time is reached.
MODE settings have five levels of fan speed (instead of 24) which vary according to the set fan speed. These are summarised as follows:
Level 1 = speed 1 – 5Level 2 = speed 6 – 10Level 3 = speed 11 – 15Level 4 = speed 16 – 20Level 5 = speed 21 – 24
For SLEEP MODE ~ press the MODE button twice and then use the “+”or “-” buttons on the remote control or rotate the dial to make the preferred selection ~ see next page for details. Use in conjunction with PRESET; TIMER and OSC.Whatever speed is chosen the fan will operate at the highest level, then it will step down through each level to the lowest in the range and finally to a halt; it will then return to the chosen speed and repeat this circle continuously or until the timer duration is reached.The display will read SLEEP.
NATURE Mode simulates natural breezes and rhythms and varies according to the fan speed set – press the MODE button once and use the “+”or “-” buttons on the remote control or rotate the dial on the manual controls clockwise to increase or anticlockwise to decrease to the required setting
- Use in conjunction with TIMER or PRESET and OSC functions. The natural breeze will continue to fluctuate according to the speed level set until the timer duration is reached.
- The digital display NATURE will flash during the selection process. When no button is pressed for 3 secs the selection will be set. The digital display will show PRESET/ TIMER and SPEED sequentially.
- To turn off the digital display (for night time use) – press and hold the ON/OFF button for 3 secs on the manual controls. Press any key to reactivate the display or be sure to use in conjunction with the timer function to turn off the fan after a specified period.
To select ECO/AI mode – press the MODE button three times. Use in conjunction with PRESET; TIMER and OSC.Under the ECO MODE, the column fan will adjust the fan speed automatically according to the room temperature. The fan will turn off when the temperature goes below ≤15ºC and will only resume when the temperature rises to ≥16ºC.The display will read ECO.
Take out the Aroma Tray from the front of the fan (Fig 7).
Not provided with this appliance.
The fan can be operated either manually by the control panel on the fan unit itself or by the remote control supplied with the product.
- Be sure to direct the remote control toward the receiver on the control panel.
- Use the remote control within 5 metres from the receiver. If the remote control is not directed towards the receiver, the effectiveness will be reduced.
- Do not place any obstacle between the receiver and remote control.
- Please treat your remote control with care. Knocking or dropping it will reduce its reliability.
- Please store the remote control safely when not in use or in the special recess in the carry handle.
Replacing the Remote Control Battery (1pc x Lithium 3V CR2032)
Turn over the remote control. Open the cover of battery compartment ~ squeeze lock towards centre to release
Install the battery into the battery compartment. Take care of the polarity of the battery, which is indicated inside the battery compartment.
Close the battery cover. Ensure it clicks closed. NB Please dispose of used batteries responsibly.
Keep Batteries Out of Reach of Children
- Swallowing may lead to serious injury in as little as 2 hours or death, due to chemical burns and potential perforation of the oesophagus.
- If you suspect your child has swallowed or inserted a button battery, immediately seek urgent medical assistance.
- Examine the devices and make sure the battery compartment is correctly secured – eg: that the screw or other mechanical fastener is tightened or locked.Do not use if the compartment is not secure.
- Dispose of button batteries immediately and safely. Flat/dead batteries can still be dangerous.
Cleaning & Care
- Unplug the appliance before cleaning.
- Do not use any chemical-based solutions for cleaning fan surfaces.
- In order to remove the dust from the protective fan grilles use a vacuum cleaner upholstery attachment.
- Slightly moisten a cloth and then wipe off the surfaces of the fan.
- Ensure fan is completely dry before storage or reconnecting to electrical supply.
- Never immerse the fan or fan motor in water or other liquid.
- If the fan is not used for long periods, protect with a suitable cover after cleaning, then store in a dry place.
Recycling & Disposal
The packaging of your new fan has a recycle mark on it. Please dispose of it as recycled paper or by using the “Dual System”.
UK Guarantee24 months warranty valid only in respect of defects found to be due to faulty workmanship or material. Proof of purchase is required to validate the guarantee.This guarantee is no longer valid if the damage has been caused by a fall, alteration or repair by any unauthorised persons or if the product has been resold.This guarantee in no way affects your statutory rights.
ComplianceFor your safety, this appliance complies with the applicable standards and regulations (Low Voltage Directive, Electromagnetic Compatibility, Environmental directives). We reserve the right to make technical changes without prior notice.
Keep safe for future reference.
- Check the household voltage to ensure it matches the fan’s rated specification before using.
- Always use this device in accordance with the instructions.
- Close supervision is necessary when this fan is used near children and pets.
- Do not allow children to play with the product or product packaging, such as plastic bags.
- Repairs may only be carried out by a recognised repair centre, incorrect handling and faulty repairs may lead to danger and invalidate warranty.
- This fan is not intended for use in wet or damp locations.
- Never position the fan in an area where it may fall into a bath or other water container.
- Do not use this fan if it has any damaged parts or it has fallen into water. Return the product to a recognised repair centre for examination and repair.
- Do not insert any object into the grille whilst the fan is operating. It may cause damage to persons or property.
- Always turn off the power supply before unplugging the product to move, store or clean it.
- Always use both hands to carry this product. Do not lift by the carry handle alone – please support the fan base.
- Do not operate the fan near an open flame, cooking or heating appliance or hot surface.
- Always place your fan on a firm, dry, level surface, away from curtains & blinds.
- This fan is intended for indoor, domestic & light commercial use only and is not to be operated outside.
- Do not hang anything from the fan grille.
- Disconnect the unit from the electrical outlet before cleaning.
- To disconnect from the power supply, grip the plug and pull from the power socket. Never pull by the cord.
- Arrange the power cord away from an area where it may be tripped over.
- Never place the power cord under a carpet or rug.
- Do not direct the fan towards babies or the elderly for extended periods.
- If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not operate if the fan grille is removed or damaged.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
Model No: TFDC-60RCEAN No: 5 060301 911684(BK) 5 060301 911691(W) Rated Power: 30WVoltage: 220-240V ~ 50HzRef: IM/TFDC60/2102/GU86AAProduct Dims: 1060 x 270 x 270 mm (H*W*D)Giftbox Dims: 1110 x 330 x 320 mm (H*W*D) N.W. 5.5kg G.W. 7.8kg