onn AAABLK100009771 CD/Bluetooth Boombox
Information and Safety Instructions
Need help?We’re here for you every day from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. CST.Give us a call at 1-888-516-2630Important Safety Instructions
- Read these Instructions.
- Keep these Instructions.
- Heed all Warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat Source such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding – type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. When the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
Warning: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Additional Warnings and Precautions
- CAUTION: TO PREVENT ELECTRIC SHOCK, MATCH WIDE BLADE OF PLUG TO WIDE SLOT, FULLY INSERT.
- The mains plug is used as disconnect device and it should remain readily operable during intended use. In order to disconnect the apparatus from the mains completely, the mains plug should be disconnected form the mains socket outlet completely.
- Caution marking is located at the rear or bottom of the apparatus.
- WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain, moisture, dripping, or splashing.
- CAUTION: Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified may result in hazardous radiation exposure.
- WARNING: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
- WARNING: Do not place this unit directly onto furniture surfaces with any type of soft, porous, or sensitive finish. As with any rubber compound made with oils, the feet could cause marks or staining where the feet reside. We recommend using a protective barrier such as a cloth or a piece of glass between the unit and the surface to reduce the risk of damage and/or staining.
- CAUTION: Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
- WARNING: Shock hazard – Do Not Open.
- Battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
- Keep new and used batteries away from children. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children.
- WARNING: DO NOT INGEST BATTERY, CHEMICAL BURN HAZARD. If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
- If the coin/button cell battery supplied with this product is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death.
- Completely replace all old batteries with new ones.
- Batteries should be recycled or disposed of as per state and local guidelines.NOTE : Exposure to certain lasers can cause eye damage.
- Bluetooth Wireless
- Wireless range: 60 ft.
- CD player: CD, CD-R/RW
- Programmable tracks
- FM radio (DLL)
- Top-load disc player
- Analog volume control
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Negative LCD display with white backlight
- 3.5mm audio input
- AC power: built-in AC power cable
- DC battery power: requires 6 C batteries (not included)
Power and Batteries
Plug the AC power cord into a standard power outlet.
Note: This unit has a Bluetooth receiver. You can connect your Bluetooth audio device such as smartphones, mp3 players, tablets, computers, etc. to this unit via Bluetooth and stream music. This unit does not have a Bluetooth transmitter. Therefore headphones or earbuds cannot be connected to this unit via Bluetooth.
Pairing a Bluetooth Device for the First Time
- Slide the Source Switch to Bluetooth Mode.The letters “bt” will flash on the display.
- If the unit does not automatically begin to pair, press and hold the Pair button.
- Using the native controls on your Bluetooth device, select the onn. CD Boombox in your Bluetooth settings to pair.
- When pairing, remain within 3 feet of the unit if your device requests a password, enter the default password 0 0 0 0. Refer to the user’s manual for your specific device for instructions on pairing and connecting Bluetooth devices. When successfully paired, the display will stop flashing.
- After initial pairing, the unit will stay paired unless unpaired manually by the user or erased due to a reset of the device.
- If your device should become unpaired, follow the above steps again.
- If any pairing issues should occur, unpair the unit on your Bluetooth device and follow the above steps again.
Playing Audio Wirelessly
- To select, play, pause or skip a track, use the native controls on the connected Bluetooth Device, or press the Pair/Play/Pause or Tun/Skip/Search buttons.
- Audio played through the connected Bluetooth device will now be heard through the speakers.
An FM wire antenna is built into the radio. To improve radio reception, adjust the FM wire antenna on the boombox.
Playing the Radio
- Slide the Source Switch to FM radio mode.
- Adjust the Tuning dial to tune the radio.
Loading and Playing a CDNote: This unit is not compatible with MP3 CDs.
1. Open the CD door and place a CD in the boombox, label side facing up.2. Close the CD door.3. Slide the Source Switch to CD mode.4. Press the Play/Pause button to begin playing the loaded disc.
Programming a CD1. Press the Stop button to stop a loaded CD.2. Press the Program button. “01” will blink on the display.3. Press the Skip/Search buttons to select a track.4. Press the Program button to add the selected track to the program.5. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to program up to 20 tracks to play in a specified order.6. Press the Stop button to cancel a program.
3.5mm Audio Input
This unit has an audio input. You can connect your audio source device such as smartphones, mp3 players, tablets, computers, etc. to this unit via line-in and stream music. This unit does not have an aux output, it only has aux input. Therefore headphones or earbuds cannot be connected to this unit via Line in (aux input).Using the Line In3.5 mm audio input cable (not included).
1. Plug one end of a 3.5mm audio input cable into the Line In input on the side of the unit, and plug the other end of the cable into the audio output/headphone jack on an MP3 Player or other audio Source.2. Turn ON the speaker using the Power button.3. Turn ON the connected audio device using it’s the Power button.4. Slide the Source Switch to Line In.5. Select and begin playing audio on the connected audio device. Audio played through the connected device should now be heard through the speakers.