PHILIPS TAE1205 1000 Series Headphones User Manual
Important safety instructions
To avoid hearing damage, limit the time you use headphones at high volume and set the volume to a safe level. The louder thevolume, the shorter the safe listening time is.
Be sure to observe the following guidelines when using your headphone.
- Listen at reasonable volumes for reasonable periods of time.
- Be careful not to adjust the volume continuously upwards as your hearing adapts.
- Do not turn up the volume so high that you can’t hear what’s around you.
- You should use caution or temporarily discontinue use in potentially hazardous situations.
- Excessive sound pressure from earphones and headphones can cause hearing loss.
- Using headphones with both ears covered while driving is not recommended and may be illegal in some areas while driving.
- For your safety, avoid distractions from music or phone calls while in trac or other potentially dangerous environments.
To avoid damage or malfunction:
- Do not expose headphones to excessive heat
- Do not drop your headphones.
- Headphones shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing.
- Do not allow your headphones to be submerged in water.
- Do not use any cleaning agents containing alcohol, ammonia, benzene, or abrasives.
- If cleaning is required use a soft doth, if necessary dampened with a minimum amount of water or diluted mild soap, to clean the product.
- The integrated battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
- Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
2 Your Bluetooth in-ear headphones
Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to Philips! To fully benefit from the support that Philips offers,register your product at www.philips.com/welcome. With this Philips in-ear headphones, you can:
- enjoy convenient wireless handsfree calls;
- enjoy and control wireless music;
- switch between calls and music.
What’s in the box
Philips Bluetooth in-ear headphones Philips TAE1205
USB-C charging cable (for charging only) Safety lea
Quick start guide
A mobile phone or device (e.g. notebook, PAD, Bluetooth adapters, MP3 players etc) which supports Bluetooth and is compatible to the headphone (see ‘Technical data’ on page 8).
Overview of your Bluetooth wireless headphone
- Next / Volume up
- (Power On / O / Pairing)
- LED indicator
- Charging slot
- Previous/Volume down
3 Get started
Charge the battery
- Before you use your headphones for the first time, charge the battery for 2 hours for optimum battery capacity and lifetime.
- Use only the original USB charging cable to avoid any damage.
- Finish your call before charging the headphones, as connecting the headphones for charging will power the headphones off.
Connect the supplied USB charging cable to the charging slot on the headphones and the charger/USB port of a computer.LED turns white during charging and turns off when the headphones is fully charged.
- Normally, a full charge takes 2 hours.
Pair the headphones with your mobile phone
Before you use the headphones with your mobile phone for the first time, pair it with a mobile phone. A successful pairing establishes a unique encrypted link between the headphones andmobile phone. The headphones store the last 4 devices in the memory . If you try to pair more than 4 devices , the earliest paired device is replaced by the new one.
- Make sure that the headphones are fully charged and turned off.
- Press and hold the on/off button (>4s), blue and whites LED flashes alternately which means the headphones enter Bluetooth pairing mode. The headphones remain in pairing mode for 5 minutes.
- Make sure that the mobile phone is turned on and its Bluetooth feature is activated.
- Pair the headphones with the mobile phone. For detailed information, refer to the user manual of your mobile phone.
- Enter the headset password “0000” (4 zeros) if prompted. For those mobile phones featuring Bluetooth 3.0 or higher, no need to enter a password.
4 Use your headphone
Connect the headphone to your Bluetooth device
- Turn on your mobile phone/ Bluetooth device.
- Press and hold the on/off button (>2s) to turn the headphones on.The headphones are reconnected to the last connected device automatically. If the last one is not available, the headphones try to reconnect to the second last connected device.
- If you turn on the mobile phone or activate the Bluetooth feature after turning on the headphones, you have to reconnect the headphones and mobile phone manually.
- If the headphones fail to connect to any Bluetooth device within range in 5 minutes, it will switch off automatically to save the battery life.
Summary of LED indicator
5 Technical data
- Music time: 7 hours Talk time: 5 hours
- Standby time: 60 hours Normal time for a full charge: 2 hours
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium polymer battery (100 mAh)
- Bluetooth version: 5.1
- Compatible Bluetooth profiles:
- Bluetooth profile: HSP, HFP, A2DP,AVRCP
- Operating range: Up to 10 meters (33 feet)
- Speaker driver: 8 mm
- Transmitter power: < 10 dBm
- Frequency response: 20 – 20kHz
- Impedance: 32 ohm
- Sensitivity: 108.5db/1mW/1000Hz
- Distortion: <3%@1kHz THD
- Maximum power input: 5mW
- USB-C port for charging
- Low battery warning: available
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Declaration of conformity
Hereby, MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited declares that this product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive2014/53/EU. You can fnd the Declaration of Conformity on www.p4c.philips.com.
Disposal of your old product and battery
Your product is designed and manufactured with high quality materials and components, which can be recycled and reused.
This symbol on a product means that the product is covered by European Directive 2012/19/EU.
This symbol means that the product contains a built-in rechargeable battery covered by European Directive 2013/56/EU which cannot be disposed of with normal household waste. We strongly advise you to take your product to an ocial collection point or a Philips service centre to have a professional remove the rechargeable battery. Inform yourself about the local separate collection system for electrical and electronic products and rechargeable batteries. Follow local rules and never dispose of the product and rechargeable batteries with normal household waste. Correct disposal of old products and rechargeable batteries helps prevent negative consequences for the environment and human health.
Compliance with EMF
This product complies with all applicable standards and regulations regarding exposure to electromagnetic fields.
All unnecessary packaging has been omitted. We have tried to make the packaging easy to separate into threematerials: cardboard (box), polystyrene foam (buffer) and polyethylene (bags, protective foam sheet.)Your system consists of materials which can be recycled and reused if disassembled by a specialized company. Please observe the local regulations regarding the disposal of packaging materials, exhausted batteries and old equipment.
Notice of compliance
The device complies with the FCC rules, Part 15. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with theinstruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment doescause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. Increase the separation between equipment and receiver Connect the equipment into an outleton a circuit dierent from that to which the receiver is connected. Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement:
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
This device contains licence-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science and EconomicDevelopment Canada’s license exemptRSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.CAN ICES-3(B)/NMB-3(B) IC Radiation Exposure Statement:This equipment complies with Canada radiation exposure limits set forth for uncontrolled environments.This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.Caution: The user is cautioned that changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by MMD Hong Kong HoldingLimited is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Siri is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
8 Frequently asked questions
My Bluetooth headphone does not turn on.The battery level is low. Charge the headphone.I cannot pair my Bluetooth headphones with my Bluetooth device.The Bluetooth is disabled. Enable the Bluetooth feature on your Bluetooth device and turn on the Bluetooth device before you turn on the headphone.The audio quality is poor and crackling noise can be heard.
- The Bluetooth device is out of range. Reduce the distance between your headset and Bluetooth device, or remove obstacles between them.
- Charge your headset. How to enter pairing mode.Power off the headset. Press and hold “Power on/off” button (>4s) to enter Bluetooth pairing mode. How to reset the headset
- Power on the headset.
- Press and hold vol+ and vol- button together for more than 4 second.
For further support, visit www.philips.com/support.
Philips and the Philips Shield Emblem are registered trademarks of Koninklijke Philips N.V. and are used under license. This product has been manufactured by and is sold under the responsibility of MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited or one of its affiliates, and MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited is the warrantor in relation to this product.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF: