Powr-Flite PF600BP 6 Quart Backpack Vacuum User Manual
This appliance must be grounded. If it should malfunction or breakdown, grounding provides a path of least resistance for electric current to reduce the risk electric shock. This machine is equipped with a cord having an equipment -grounding conductor and grounding plug. The plug must be inserted into an appropriate outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.WARNING: Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in a risk of electric shock. Check with a qualified electrician or service person if you are in doubt as to whether the outlet is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided with the appliance – if it will not fit the outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician.This appliance is for use on a nominal 120-volt circuit, and has a grounding plug that looks like the plug illustrated in sketch A
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
When using an electrical backpack vacuum cleaner, basic precautions should be followed.Read all instructions before using vacuum cleaner.
To reduce risk of fire, electric shock, or injury:
- Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
- Do not leave vacuum cleaner unattended when plugged in. Turn off the switch and unplug the electrical cord when not in use and before servicing.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Use only as described in this manual. Use manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If vacuum cleaner is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center before using.
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull a cord around sharp edges or corners.
- Do not run vacuum cleaner over cord.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use outlets with inadequate current carrying capacity. Only 16/3 SJT extension cord should be used with machine.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Do not handle plug or vacuum cleaner with wet hands.
- Do not put any objects into openings.
- Do not use with any opening blocked, keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
- This vacuum cleaner creates suction. Keep hair,loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings.
- Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
- Do not use without dust bag in place. Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline, or use in areas where they may be present.
- Store your cleaner indoors in a cool, dry area.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, NOT THE CORD.
- This machine is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the machine by a person responsible for their safety.
- Keep children and unauthorized persons away from the machine when in use.
- Do not vacuum water or liquids.
- Do not vacuum up hard or sharp objects, as they may damage the hose, vacuum bag or the vacuum motor.
- Do not drop the vacuum on the floor.
- Do not operate the vacuum while it is standing on high-pile carpet. The exhaust airflow is restricted and will cause the unit to overheat.
- Do not wash or launder the cloth vacuum bag. It would destroy the filtration capacity of the fabric.
- Do not kink or twist the power cord.
- Do not attempt to service the vacuum yourself. Repair by anyone other than an authorized repair service center may void the warranty.
- THESE MODELS ARE GROUNDED, CONNECTO A PROPERLY GROUNDED OUTLET ONLY -SEE GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS.
Clean the cloth vacuum bag regularly. After emptying the vacuum bag, turn it inside out and shake as much dust out of the fabric as possible. Optimum performance is achieved by using a paper vacuum bag with the cloth bag.
- Use only approved paper vacuum bags.
- Check the power cord for damage. Always unwind the cord completely.
- Ensure that the vacuum hose, the extension wand and the vacuuming accessories are not blocked.
- Ensure that the electrical outlet and the plug are securely connected. Incorrect connections may cause sparking and damage to the cable socket.
- Have your Backpack Vacuum serviced by an authorized repair service center if you suspect any potential problems.
- Ensure that the flexible vacuum bag ring provides a proper seal before vacuuming.
Please read the following operating instructions carefully. They will help you to get the best performance from this professional quality vacuum cleaner and to maintain it in optimum condition.
Follow these simple steps for easy and effective operation of the Backpack vacuum.
Open the lid and ensure that the cloth bag is correctly located and the flexible ring provides a proper seal when the lid is closed. For optimum performance, filtration and maximum hygiene, it is advisable to use a paper vacuum bag in addition to the standard cloth bag.
If a paper vacuum bag is used, simply insert it into the cloth bag, making sure that the cardboard disk is centered on the flexible sealing ring. When you replace the lid, the short nozzle in the center of the lid will be forced into the central hole of the cardboard disk of the paper vacuum bag thus providing a tight seal. Make sure the paper vacuum bag is tightly secured over the short nozzle before vacuuming.
Lock the lid down with the two latches. Always ensure that the cloth vacuum bag is empty and the paper bag is no more than 1/2 full before vacuuming. The Backpack vacuum has been fitted with a thermal overload switch to protect the motor against damage should the airflow be blocked for extended periods. This may occur if the vacuum bag is overfull, the cloth filter bag is clogged or if the vacuum hose or exhaust is blocked. The vacuum motor will stop before it can get too hot. If this happens, empty and thoroughly clean the vacuum bag and HEPA filter or free any blockage and ensure that adequate airflow is restored. After the motor has cooled to a safe operating temperature, locate the thermal reset switch on the bottom of the unit and push it back in. There will be a slight audible click. Now the motor will restart.
- The vacuum hose is fitted into the cuff in the lid. It should not be necessary to remove the hose in normal operation.
- Ensure the extension cord is wrapped around the cord retainer with 6 inches of cord from the retainer to the end of the plug. Then plug the extension cord to the vacuum cleaner’s power cord.*Do not wrap the vacuum cleaner’s power cord in the cord retainer.*
- Place the Backpack vacuum on your back,adjust the shoulder straps until you feel comfortable and then tighten the waist belt. The Backpack vacuum is designed to ride higher on your back for maximum comfort.
- Plug the cord into a 110 volt, grounded outlet. Always unwind the cord completely before vacuuming. It is important to maintain the power cord in good condition. This unit ships with a 50′ 16/3 SJT conductor SJT extension cord. Always use a 16/3 SJT extension cord when operation this unit. Use care when pulling the cord around sharp edges and through doorways. Never operate the Backpack vacuum if the power cord is damaged in any way.
- Attach the extension wand to the hose and fit the floor tool or any of the other vacuuming accessories on the wand.
- Turn the vacuum on. The toggle switch is located on the switch box. You may clip the switch box to the waist belt.
- After you finish cleaning, turn off the main power switch and unplug the extension cord from the wall outlet. Then starting from the Backpack vacuum, wrap up the extension cord to store. Be careful not to pull or yank on the vacuum cleaner’s power cord.
TO CHANGE THE FILTER COLLECTION BAGS
- Turn off the main power switch and unplug unit from wall outlet (Fig. 1).
- Remove vacuum hose from top of unit (Fig 2).
- Release the two latches and lift off lid (Fig. 3).
- Separate lid from paper bag insert and dispose of paper bag (Fig. 4)
- Remove cloth filter bag, clean, dust and replace (Fig. 5).
- Insert new a paper bag, making sure to align the lid nozzle with bag hole, and replace the latches (Fig. 6)
CHANGING EXHAUST FILTER ASSEMBLY
The unit is equipped with a HEPA filter and an exhaust filter. These filters capture fine dust particles and protect the motor from dirt. It is important to replace the HEPA filter approximately every six months. Replace the exhaust filter every fourth time the paper vacuum bags changed.
To change or clean the exhaust filter
- Turn off the main power switch and unplug unit from wall outlet (Fig. 1).
- Detach the exhaust filter holder and the exhaust filter from the bottom of the unit (Fig. 7)
- DO NOT THROW AWAY THE FILTER HOLDER.
- Remove the exhaust filter from the plastic holder and shake or brush dirt from the filter.
- Replace the exhaust filter in the plastic holder and place into vacuum.
CHANGING HEPA FILTER ASSEMBLY
To change the HEPA filter:
- Unplug the unit. Remove the lid, paper bag and cloth bag to expose the HEPA filter.
- Remove the filter cap on the top of the HEPA filter (Fig. 8)
- Remove the HEPA filter from the dust compartment
- Insert a new HEPA filter and replace the filter cap (Fig. 9). Refit the cloth bag, paper bag, and replace lid.
Note: The HEPA filter can NOT be washed and reused.
*Front panel removed for illustration of HEPA filter removal only. Housing removal is not necessary for filter inspection/replacement.
shake as much dust out of the fabric as possible. Optimum performance is achieved by using a paper filter bag with the cloth bag.Clean the vacuum bag and HEPA filter or free any blockage and ensure that adequate airflow is restored. Use only approved paper filter bags.
Check the power cord for damage and replace if damaged.
Always unwind the cord completely.
Ensure the vacuum hose, the extension wand and the vacuuming accessories are not blocked.
Ensure that the electrical outlet and the plug are securely connected. Incorrect connections may cause sparking and damage to the cable socket.
Have your unit serviced by an authorized repair service center if you suspect any potential problems.
Ensure that the flexible vacuum bag ring provides a proper seal before vacuuming.
Recommended replacement parts:
|Paper Bag (10 pack) PF600BP
|Paper Bag (10 pack) PF1000BP
|Shake Out Bag PF600BP
|Shake Out Bag PF1000BP
|Strain Relief Complete
|Thermal Protection Switch
|Screw #10 x .75
|Screw #8 x .625
|Back Rest Assembly
|Bag (10 PK) (6Qt)
|Bag (10 PK) (10 Qt)
|Bag Compartment Seal
|Complete Strain Relief
|Front Cover (6 Qt)
|Front Cover (10 Qt)
|Back Plate (6 Qt)
|Back Plate 10 Qt)
|Secondary Filter Plate
|Secondary Filter Frame
|Secondary Flter Cap
|Post Filter Frame
|Bottom Motor Mount
|Shake Out Bag (6 QT)
|Shake Out Bag (10 Qt)
|Single Stage TEK Motor
|Bottom Motor Shroud
|Back Pack Strap (Blue)
|Top Motor Mount
|Bottom Motor Shroud
|Top Motor Shroud
|50′ Extension Cord 16-3 SJT Yellow
|Dust Brush Bristles
|Bare Floor Tool
|Bare Floor Tool Brush
|Wand Ring (Copper)
For warranty information go to www.Powr-Flite.com