User ManualProscenic Technology Co., Ltd.E-mail: [email protected]Web: www.proscenic.com
Please keep this user manual in your sight, read it throughly and carefully before using this product.
Host and sensor
Installing the charging baseConnect the power cord and the charging base is placed against a wall on a flat surface.
* Make sure that there is more than 1.2 meters in front of the charging base and more than 0.5 meters in the left and right sides to ensure a smooth backfill.* Do not place the cradle in direct sunlight.
Instruction for use
Press and hold the “ ” button to power on, and the host enters the standby state. After booting, press and hold the “ ” button to shut down.Note: When the host is charging on the charging stand, it will automatically turn on, and it cannot be turned off during charging.
Under the power on state, short press the “ ” button to start the whole house cleaning. Press any key to pause while cleaning. Note: It is recommended that the sweeping robot start cleaning from the charging stand; When the battery is too low, the cleaning will not start. Please charge and then start cleaning. When the power is insufhcient during the cleaning process, the host will automatically return to the charging base for charging. After the battery is fully charged, it will automatically return to the interruption to continue cleaning.
Automatic recharge: The host will automatically return to the charging base to charge after the cleaning is completed or when the batter is insufhcient. Manual charging: Press the “ ” button to start recharging; after the host is powered off, you can manually put the host back into the charging base to charge. Note: Please make sure the charging pole piece is in good contact.
If there is no operation for more than 20 minutes, the host will automatically enter into sleep state. Note: The host will not enter the sleep state when charging; Automatically shuts down after sleeping to no power.
Connect to the mobile client
- The phone is connected to WiFi;
- Scan the QR code below, or search for “ProscenicHome” in the mobile app store to download the app, register and login to the account;
- Add device on the home page choose sweeping robot”M7 PRO”;
- Press and hold the “” and “ ” keys for 5 seconds to enter the network configuration;
- Select the connected WiFi of the phone and enter the WiFi password;
- Go to the mobile phone WLAN list and select and connect the “Proscenic—XXXX” device hotspot;
Note:1. To ensure remote control effectively, it is recommended to use it in the front area of the host;2. The effective distance of the remote control is 8 meters.
Water tankIf you need to mop the floor, you can use the water tank.Note: Do not mop the floor on the carpet to avoid wet carpet.
Dust box and filter assembly (recommended weekly)5. After filling clean water into the dust box, shut off the dust box and shake it to the left and right, and pour out the dirty water. Repeat this step several times until the dust box is cleaned;
6. After drying the filter and dust box, replace the filter and dust box.
Water tank (recommended every time)1. Press the release button to remove the water tank;
2. Remove the mop cloth, rinse with water and dry it; (If using a disposable mop, discard it directly after use)
3 Pour out the remaining water in the water tank and dry the water tank;
@ After the rag and water tank are dry, put it back for use;
5. Filter of Water tankIf the amount of water is small or does not produce water, it is recommended to replace the tank filter.
- Pull out two old filters
- Press the new filter element down firmly until it is fastened.
Main brush (recommended weekly)
- Turn the main unit, press the left and right buckles, and remove the middle sweep cover;
- Remove the roller brush upwards and clean the entangled hair and rubbish with a cleaning brush;
- Replace the roller brush and insert the three legs of the middle sweep cover into the slot, press down, and fix the buckle.Note: Depending on the application, it is recommended to replace the main brush for 6—12 months to ensure the cleaning effect.
Side brush (recommended weekly)
- Use a screwdriver to unscrew the 2 side brush screws and remove the 2 side brushes;
- After cleaning the wrapped hair and rubbish on the side brush, replace the side brush.Note: Depending on the application, it is recommended to replace the side brush for 3—6 months to ensure the cleaning effect.
Host and sensor (recommended monthly)
- Wipe the sensor on the main unit with a soft, dry cloth, including: 4 cliff sensors at the bottom of the main unit
- Wall sensor on the right side of the host
- Infrared auxiliary recharge sensor
- Charging pole at the bottom of the main unit Cliff sensor
Charging base (recommended monthly)Wipe the charging pole of the charging base with a soft, dry cloth.
Universal wheel (recommended monthly cleaning)
- Flip the main unit and pull out the universal wheel upwards;
- Clean the hair and dust on the wheel, axle and support;
- Reinstall the universal wheel and press it tight.Note: Wash with water, dry it and put it back.
|Abnormal 1. Please confirm that the laser radar is not blocked||Please check or remove foreign objects around the lidar or move the device to a new location to restart|
|Abnormal 2. Please wipe the cliff sensor and move to the new position to start||Wipe the main power cliff sensor and try again (refer to the manual for sensor location)|
|Abnormal 3. A strong magnetic field is detected, moved to a new location, and then retried||Please move the host to a new location and try again|
|Abnormal 4. Please check the collision sensor and clear the foreign object around it||Try pressing the front bumper and clearing the foreign object, then restart|
|Abnormal 5. The host temperature is
abnormal. Please wait for the temperature to return to normal
|The host temperature is too high or too low. Please wait until the temperature returns to normal before using|
|Abnormal 6. Charging is abnormal. Please clean the charging contact area||Please check if the original power adapter is used. Please check if the charging stand is in the horizontal position|
|Can not boot||The battery is low, please charge it before using it
Ambient temperature is too low (less than 0°C) or too high (higher than 50°C)
|Unable to start cleaning||The battery is low, please charge it before starting it|
|Unable to recharge
the open area
|There are too many obstacles near the charging stand. Please put the charging stand in
The host is too far from the recharge seat. Please try to place the main unit near the charging stand
|Abnormal behavior||Reboot after shutdown|
|There is abnormal noise during cleaning||Roller brush, side brush or left/right wheel may wrap foreign objects, please clean after shutdown|
|Decrease in cleaning ability or falling out from machine||The dust box is full, please clean the dust box
HEPA components have been blocked, please clean up
The roller brush is wrapped by foreign matter, please clean the main brush
|Unable to connect to WiFi||WiFi signal is not good, please make sure the host is in a good WiFi signal coverage area WiFi connection is abnormal, reset WiFi and download the latest app Try to connect again|
|Breakpoint cleaning||Please confirm that the host is not in the do not disturb mode, it will not continue to clean in this mode
Manually recharging or putting the main unit back into the charging stand will lead the machine not to continue cleaning from last interruption
|Cannot return to the charging stand after spot cleaning or moving the position||After spot cleaning or long-distance moving position, the host will re-generate the map. If the charging stand is far away, it may not be able to automatically recharge.Please manually put the host back into the charging stand to charge|
|Unable to charge||Make sure there is enough space around the cradle, and there is no dust or obstruction on the surface of the charging base electrode|
|Scheduled cleaning does not work||Please confirm that the device is connected to the network. If the device is not connected to the network, you cannot synchronize the scheduled cleaning task|
|Host is always offline||Please ensure that the equipment distribution network is successful and always within the WiFi coverage|
|Phone cannot pair device||Please make sure that the charging stand and the host are within the WiFi coverage and the signal is good. Follow the instructions to reset the WiFi and then pair it|
- This product is onl used for floor cleaning in the home environment. Do not use it outdoors (such as open balconies), non-ground (such as so as), commercial or industrial environments, such as non—ground (such as sofas), commercial or industrial environments.
- Do not use in environments where there is liquid or viscous material above 40°C, below 0°C.
- Do not use or operate this product for people with physical, mental or cognitive impairments, including children.
- Do not allow children to use the host as a toy. When working, please supervise chil ren and pets to keep them as far away as possible.
- Please arrange all kinds of wires on the ground before cleaning to avoid the power failure or damage of the appliance caused by the main unit being dragged during cleaning.
- Do not use the lidar cover, main unit cover, an bumper as handling equipment.
- Do not use to clean any burning objects (such as cigarettes that are not extinguished).
- Do not allow the main unit to pick up hard objects or sharp objects (such as ecoration waste, glass, nails, etc.).
- Do not wipe the product with a damp cloth or any liquid.
- Do not place hea o ects on the main unit.
- Do not place the cleaning brush in an area that children can touch (the brush head has a sharp blade).
- Do not place the main uni upside down (the laser radar cannot be placed on the ground).
- Do not spill an liquid into the product (the dust box can be cleaned and wiped dr Do not place e air, fingers, etc. of the body or pet close to the suction port of e main unit while the main unit is working.
- Please use this product according to the instructions of the manual.
- If any loss or damage is caused by improper use, the user will bear the responsibilit If you need to transport e product, please make sure that the main unit is turned off. It is recommended to use the original packaging.
- If it is not used for a long time, please turn off the main unit and put it in a cool and dry place after fully charging.
- Please clean the maintenance main unit and the charging stand uring shutdown or power off.
Battery and charging
- Do not use any third—par batteries, power adapters, or charging docks.
- Do not disassemble, repair or modify the battery and charging stand.
- Do not place the cradle near a heat source (suc as a radiator).
- Do not wipe the charger with a damp cloth or an liquid.
- Do not discard batteries at will. It is recommende to be dispose of by professional agencies.
- If the power cord is broken or damaged, please stop using i immediatel and contact customer service.
- Charge at least once a month to avoid damage to the battery.
- It is orbidden to incinerate products, and the battery may cause explosion.
- This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and(2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Radiation Exposure StatementThis equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator & your body