B5 STYLE SERIESBEARD TRIMMER
To register your product go towww.remingtonproducts.com.auwww.remington.co.nz
3 YEAR WARRANTYMB6000AU
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USINGWhen using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be observed, including the following.For additional protection, the installation of a residual current device (rcd) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom. Ask your installer for advice.KEEP AWAY FROM WATERWARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION AND FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONSDANGER- As with most electrical appliances, electrical parts are electrically live even when the switch is off.
- Do not place or store the appliance or charging adaptor where it can fall or be knocked into a sink or bath.
- Do not place in or drop into water or any other liquid.
- If an appliance falls into water, “unplug it” immediately. Do not reach into the water.
- Unplug the charging adaptor from the electrical outlet immediately after fully charging.
- Do not use it while bathing or in the shower.
- Unplug and switch off this appliance before cleaning it.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual.
- Do not use attachments not recommended by Remington.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening of this appliance.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use this appliance with a damaged or broken trimming unit as injury may occur.
- Always store the charging adaptor in a moisture-free location.
- For household use only.
- This appliance should not be used by children or other persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- This appliance is not a toy. Children shall be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance. Cleaning and use maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Do not use it on people who are asleep.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug if it is not working correctly if the charging adaptor has been damaged or dropped into water.
- Do not use an extension cord or a voltage converter with this appliance.
- Do not wrap the cord around the appliance.
- This appliance should be charged by approved safety isolating adaptors PA0510A with the output 5V DC, 1A. Remington strongly recommends that an approved Safety Switch (Residual current device) be installed to protect all bathroom power outlets. Ask an electrical contractor for advice.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
MB6000AU B5 STYLE SERIES BEARD TRIMMER
Use & Care Instruction ManualThank you for purchasing your Remington® B5 Style Series Beard Trimmer. Inside this manual, you will find instructions on using and caring for your groomer.
|1. On/off switch||ALSO INCLUDES|
|2. Zoom wheel||• Storage Pouch|
|3. Length position indicator||• Charging Adaptor|
|4. Charging connector||• Cleaning Brush|
|5. Trimmer assembly|
|6. Charge indicator|
|7. Adjustable comb|
ABOUT YOUR GROOMER
ABOUT YOUR GROOMER
|Power System||Cord/Cordless (Rechargeable)|
|Full Charge Time||2 Hours|
|Run Time||60 Minutes|
|Indicators||Charging Indicator Light & Low Battery Light|
|Voltage Type||Single 100240V only|
|Quick Charge||5 Minutes|
- It is recommended to fully charge your product before using it for the first time.
- Ensure the product is switched off.
- The adaptor automatically adjusts to the main voltage between 100V and 240V.
- Connect the charging adaptor to the product and then to the mains.
|Charging||LED will flash|
|Fully Charged||LED will go off|
|Battery Low||LED will flash quickly|
- Run time from fully charged is up to 60 mins.
- Note: To preserve the life of your batteries, let them run out completely every 6 months and then fully charge.
- Do not recharge your product after each use as this will shorten the life of the battery.
This appliance can be used “cordless” by powering it from its internal rechargeable battery, or “corded” by connecting it to the charging adaptor and then the mains power supply. Powering the appliance from the charging adaptor is useful if the rechargeable battery does not have enough charge. Be aware, however, that frequent use of the cordless mode will reduce the life of the rechargeable battery.
ATTACHING THE GROOMING ATTACHMENTS
- Hold the trimmer in one hand with your thumb securely on the zoom wheel to keep it from turning. Ensure the length position indicator is at 0.4.
- Slide the comb down the grooves until it clicks into place.
- The comb can only be attached one way.
ADJUSTING THE TRIM LENGTH
- The trimmer comb can be adjusted to give you 17 different trim lengths simply by turning the wheel to the desired setting.
- Select the comb length by rotating the zoom wheel upwards to increase the length and downwards to decrease the length. Please see the table below for the different length increments.
- The wheel will click into place as it reaches each setting and the setting number will appear on the length position indicator.
Note: Trimmer comb must be attached to the product in order to use the hair length selector.
Here are a few tips for trimming the various parts of your facial hair (guide only).
To Thin and Taper the Beard/Moustache
- Fit the adjustable comb.
- Use the zoom wheel to set the comb to the desired length setting.
- The setting will appear on the length position indicator. If you are trimming for the first time start with the maximum trimming length setting.
- Turn the unit on.
- Place the flat top of the trimmer comb against the skin.
- Slowly slide through the hair. Repeat from different directions as necessary.
- If hair builds up in the trimmer comb during the trimming process, switch the unit off, pull the comb and brush the hair off.
Note: Use the beard trimmer without the adjustable comb for trimming hair close to the skin. This will trim hair to 1mm, holding the blades perpendicular to the skin will trim hair to 0.4mm.
Trimming the Nape of Your Neck
Note: You will need a hand mirror for this operation if performing it alone.
- Remove the adjustable comb.
- Use your fingers to lift the hair at the base of your head up off the neck. Your index finger should be covering the roots of the hairs you are lifting to prevent accidental removal by the beard trimmer.
- Using your other hand, hold the trimmer to the base of your neck with the cutting unit facing up and move the trimmer up the length of the neck until it touches your finger covering the hair roots at the base of your head.
- Be sure to move the unit slowly when performing this operation and to keep the roots at the base of your head out of the way of the trimmer.
To Define the Beard/Moustache Line
- Hold the trimmer with the trimmer blade facing you.
- Start with the edge of the beard/moustache line and gently lower the trimmer blade onto your skin.
- Use motions towards the edge of the beard/moustache line to trim to desired locations in the facial area and away from the beard in the neck area.
- Ensure the trimmer is switched off.
- Remove the adjustable comb.
- Remove the blades by pushing your thumb upwards under the blades and move the blade set away from the trimmer body.
- To reattach the blades, align the back of the blades with the back housing at the top of the trimmer and push down until the blade set clicks into place. Tips for Best Results
- Beard, moustache and sideburn hairs should be dry.
- Avoid using lotions before use.
- Comb your hair in the direction that it grows.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- To ensure the long-lasting performance of the trimmer, clean the blades and unit regularly.
- Do not use harsh or abrasive cleaners on the unit or blades.
- This product has washable blades. Ensure the blades are detached from the trimmer before washing the blades.
- Wash the blades under a running tap to remove any hair clippings.
- After rinsing under a tap ensure the blades are dry.
- Please note the main body of the trimmer is not washable and should be kept away from water.
- After each use, it is recommended to clean hair from the blades either by rinsing the blades or using the cleaning brush.
- We recommend that you oil the blades regularly. Add a few drops on all gliding surfaces, the cutting area and the back pads of the blades.
Note: The battery is not intended to be removed or replaced under normal use. The only time the battery should be removed or the unit opened or dis assembled is at the end of the product’s useful life before it is discarded.
- The MB6000AU contains a Premium Nickel Metal Hydride. Once the groomer has reached the end of its life, to ensure proper disposal of the product, please take the appliance to a recycling centre, where the internal rechargeable battery should be removed by a professional and recycled separately.
- For more information about recycling electrical and battery-operated appliances, please contact your local council office or your household waste disposal service.
Caution: Do not put in the fire or mutilate your batteries when disposing of them as they may burst and release toxic materials. Do not short circuit as it may cause burns.We suggest you use local waste management centres to recycle this product at end of life.
This product is not suitable for use in the bath or shower.This appliance conforms to radio interference requirements.Any product purchased and used commercially carries a limited 90-day warranty.
Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd and Spectrum Brands New Zealand LimitedWARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
In this warranty:Australian Consumer Law means the Australian consumer law set out in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010;CGA means the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993;Goods means the product or equipment which was accompanied by this warranty and purchased in Australia or New Zealand, as the case may be;Manufacturer, We or us means:
- for Goods purchased in Australia, Spectrum Brands Australia Pty LtdACN, 007 070 573; or
- for Goods purchased in New Zealand, Spectrum Brands New Zealand Limited, as the case may be, contact details as set out at the end of this warranty;
Supplier means the authorised distributor or retailer of the Goods that sold you the Goods in Australia or in New Zealand; and You means you, the original enduser purchaser of the Goods.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law, or the CGA. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- The benefits provided by this Warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the Goods which the consumer has under either the Australian Consumer Law or the CGA. The original purchaser of the Goods is provided with the following Warranty subject to the Warranty Conditions:
- We warrant the Goods for all parts defective in workmanship or materials for the period of three (3) years from the date of purchase (Warranty Period). If the Goods prove defective within the Warranty Period by reason of improper workmanship or material, we may, at our own discretion, repair or replace the Goods without charge.
4. The Goods must be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. This Warranty does not apply should the defect in or failure of the Goods be attributable to misuse, abuse, accident or nonobservance of manufacturer’s instructions on the part of the user. As far as the law permits, the manufacturer does not accept liability for any direct or consequential loss, damage or other expense caused by or arising out of any failure to use the Goods in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.5. Consumable parts (such as shaver heads, cutters and foils) of the Goods are included under this Warranty only where there is a defect in workmanship or materials used.6. The warranty granted under clause 3 is limited to repair or replacement only.7. Any parts of the Goods replaced during repairs or any product replaced remain the property of the manufacturer. In the event of the Goods being replaced during the Warranty Period, the warranty on the replacement Goods will expire on the same date as for the Warranty Period on the original Goods which are replaced.8. In order to claim under the warranty granted under clause 3 you must:(a) Retain this warranty with your receipt/proof of purchase; and(b) Return the Goods to us at the relevant address below or to the Supplier by prepaid freight within the Warranty Period accompanied with (i) the legible and unmodified original proofof purchase, which clearly indicates the name and address of the Supplier, the date and place of purchase, the product name or other product serial number and (ii) this warranty.9. This warranty is immediately void if:(a) Any serial number or appliance plate is removed or defaced;(b) The Goods have been serviced or otherwise repaired by a person not authorised to do so by us or where non approved replaced parts are used.10. The Goods are designed for domestic use only. A limited 90day Warranty applies to any industrial or commercial use of the Goods. The Goods must be connected to the electrical voltage requirements as specified in the rating label located on the Goods.11. This warranty does not cover the cost of claiming under the warranty or transport of the Goods to and from the Supplier or us.12. This warranty is only valid and enforceable in Australia against Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd and in New Zealand against Spectrum Brands New Zealand Limited.
Contact us or the Supplier for further details.
Spectrum Brands Australia Pty LtdLocked Bag 3004Braeside, VIC 3195AUSTRALIACustomer service in Australia: 1800 623 118Email: [email protected]products.com.auWebsite: www.remingtonproducts.com.auSpectrum Brands New Zealand LimitedPO Box 9817Newmarket, Auckland 1149NEW ZEALANDCustomer service in New Zealand: 0800 736 776Email: [email protected]Website: www.remington.co.nz
REMINGTON SERVICE HOTLINEAustralia 1800 623 118 (toll-free) New Zealand 0800 736 776 (toll-free)® Registered Trade Mark of Spectrum Brands Inc., or one of its subsidiariesMade in China to the Specifications of Spectrum Brands, Inc.©2020 Spectrum Brands Inc.Rev. 07/20Part No. T220005667Type: MB03A