USE & CARE MANUALPLEASE READ PRIOR TO USE
BHT6450AU2 YEAR WARRANTY
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING KEEP THE POWER ADAPTOR AWAY FROM WATER For additional protection, the installation of a residual current device (rcd) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom. Ask your installer for advice.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION, AND FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS DANGER – As with most electrical appliances, electrical parts are electrically live even when the switch is off.
- The appliance should never be left unattended when plugged into a power outlet, except when charging the appliance.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug if it is not working correctly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. If the supply cord or plug of the appliance is damaged it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. It cannot be repaired. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Charge, use, and store the product at a temperature between 0°C and 32°C.
- Do not use outdoors or where aerosol (spray) products are being used, or where oxygen is being administered.
- Unplug this appliance before cleaning it.
- Do not use an extension cord or a voltage converter with this appliance.
- Although this appliance is designed to be used around and with water, do not fully submerge the appliance or any of its attachments in water or any other liquid.
- Switch off this appliance before changing attachments.
- Do not wrap the cord of the power adaptor around the unit.
- Do not use this appliance with damaged or broken attachments, as injury may occur.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Keep the appliance away from the edge of table or countertops and out of reach of children and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities.
- This appliance is not a toy. Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with this appliance.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by Remington.
- Do not use on people who are asleep.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening of this appliance.
- Do not place or store this appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not plug or unplug the appliance with wet hands.
- This appliance is not intended for commercial or salon use.
- For the purposes of recharging the battery, only use the detachable supply unit provided with this appliance PA-0510A (AUS).
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
BHT6450AU QUICK GROOM BODY & BACK GROOMER USE AND CARE MANUAL
Thank you for purchasing your new Remington® Quick Groom Body & Back Groomer. This trimmer features innovative dual-sided trim shave technology, to trim down to 0.2mm for a shaved look.
- On/Off Button
- 60mm Blade
- Washout Port
- Charger Port (not shown)
- Blade Guard
- Comb Guides (2, 4, 6, 9 & 12mm)
- Handle Bracket
- Handle Arm
Also includes:– Power Adaptor– Oil Bottle
|Power System||Cordless (rechargeable)|
|Full Charge Time||4 Hours|
|Run Time||40 Minutes|
|Indicators||Charging & Low Battery|
PLEASE ENSURE TO READ OVER ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOUR FIRST USE.
- Before using your trimmer for the first time, charge it for 4 hours.
- Plug the adaptor into your trimmer and then plug the charging adaptor unit into a 100-240 volt domestic power outlet. The indicator light will flash when the groomer is charging.
- The batteries cannot be overcharged, but it is recommended that charging be discontinued and the trimmer stored away if it will not be used for an extended period of time (2-3 months).
- The trimmer will be fully charged in 4 hours. The charging indicator will remain on when the groomer is fully charged.
- To preserve the life of the batteries, discharge them by running the trimmer until the blades move slowly. Switch off and recharge for 24 hours. Do this every 6 months.
- Use the trimmer only with the charging adaptor supplied.NOTE: This product is for cordless use only, it cannot be used while it is connected to the mains power outlet or while it is charging.
CHARGE LEVEL INDICATORS
|Fully charged||LED solid colou|
- Run time from fully charged is up to 40 minutes
- Charge time from empty is 4 hours.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Select the desired trim length prior to trimming by attaching one of the fixed combs.
- If trimming for the first time, always start with the longest-length comb (12mm).
- Avoid using lotions before using your trimmer.
- Switch your trimmer on by pressing the on/off button.
- Stretch the skin with your free hand so the hairs stand upright.
- Use short linear strokes.
- Always ensure the trimmer is switched off before attaching or removing a comb.
- To attach a comb, centre it over the main blade and push down until it clicks.
- To remove the comb, unclick the sides of the comb where it connects to the trimmer and lift the comb away from the trimmer.
- Place your trimmer at a slight angle, following the angle of the comb teeth.
- Slowly slide the trimmer through the hair, in the direction of hair growth.
- Longer/thicker body hair may take more passes from different angles.
- If hair builds up in the trimmer comb during the trimming process, switch the unit off and remove the fixed trimmer comb. Brush the trimmer/rinse comb.
- For closer more precise shaping, remove the comb.
TRIMMING WITHOUT A COMBYour trimmer has been designed to trim any length of body hair to a length of 0.2 mm when it is used without a comb for a ‘shaved’ look.
EDGING AND SHAPING OR CLOSE TRIM
- Remove the trimmer comb attachment.
- Hold the trimmer at a slight angle to your skin and press down gently.
USING THE DETACHABLE HANDLE
- The detachable handle allows for easy grooming of hard-to-reach areas such as the back.
- The first time you use the handle, you need to attach the handle bracket with the arm.
NOTE: Once you have attached the handle bracket to the arm it cannot be removed.
- To use the handle, simply align the trimmer with the handle bracket so the power button is facing in toward the handle bracket and the blade facing outward
- Slide the groomer into the handle bracket and push downward until the groomer clicks into place.
- To extend the handle arm, simply push down on the button on the handle (Fig A). Whilst holding the groomer in the other hand pull outward away from the handle (Fig B). This will allow the handle arm to extend.
- There are 5 arm length settings (indicated by small boxes on the inner arm).Choose the desired length and click into place.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
This trimmer has been designed so that it can be used in the shower for greater ease and convenience. To ensure long-lasting performance clean after each use. Ensure the appliance is switched off and unplugged from the mains.The easiest and most hygienic way to clean the appliance is by rinsing the appliance head under the tap after use while the blades are running. Allow water to run into and through the washout port to help wash any hair trimmings from the inside out.Place a few drops of cutter or sewing machine oil onto the blades. Wipe off excess oil.
When not in use, unplug the appliance and store it out of reach of children in a safe dry place. Never wrap the cord around the appliance as this will cause the cord to wear prematurely and break. Handle the cord carefully for long life and avoid jerking, twisting, or straining especially at the plug connections.
NOTE: This trimmer has been designed so that it can be used in the shower for greater ease and convenience. Do not store the trimmer in an area that constantly gets wet and make sure you dry the trimmer after use in the shower.
NOTE: The battery is not intended to be removed or replaced under normal use. The only time the battery should be removed or the unit opened or disassembled, is at the end of the product’s useful life before it is discarded.
The BHT6450AU contains a lithium-ion battery. Once the groomer has reached the end of its life, to ensure proper disposal of the product, please take the appliance to a recycling centre, where the internal rechargeable battery should be removed by a professional and recycled separately.For more information about recycling electrical and battery-operated appliances, please contact your local council office or your household waste disposal service.CAUTION! Do not put in the fire or mutilate your batteries when disposing of as they may burst and release toxic materials. Do not short circuit as it may cause burns.
SUITABLE FOR USE IN BATH OR SHOWER.This appliance conforms to radio frequency interference requirements. Any product purchased and used commercially carries a limited 90 Day Warranty.
Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd and Spectrum Brands New Zealand Limited
WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
In this warranty:Australian Consumer Law means the Australian consumer law set out in Schedule 2 to the competition and Consumer Act 2010; CGA means the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993; Goods means the product or equipment which was accompanied by this warranty and purchased in Australia or New Zealand, as the case may be;Manufacturer, We or us means:
- for Goods purchased in Australia, Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd ACN, 007 070 573; or
- for Goods purchased in New Zealand, Spectrum Brands New Zealand Limited, as the case may be, contact details as set out at the end of this warranty; Supplier means the authorized distributor or retailer of the Goods that sold you the Goodsin Australia or in New Zealand; and You means you, the original end-user purchaser of the Goods.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law, or the CGA. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- The benefits provided by this Warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the Goods which the consumer has under either the Australian Consumer Law or the CGA. The original purchaser of the Goods is provided with the following Warranty subject to the Warranty Conditions:
- We warrant the Goods for all parts defective in workmanship or materials for the period of two (2) years from the date of purchase (Warranty Period). If the Goods prove defective within the Warranty Period by reason of improper workmanship or material, we may, at our own discretion, repair or replace the Goods without charge.Warranty Conditions
- The Goods must be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. This Warranty does not apply should the defect in or failure of the Goods be attributable to misuse, abuse, accident, or non-observance of manufacturer’s instructions on the part of the user. As far as the law permits, the manufacturer does not accept liability for any direct or consequential loss, damage, or other expense caused by or arising out of any failure to use the Goods in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Exhaustible components (such as shaver heads, cutters, and foils) of the Goods are included under this Warranty only where there is a defect in workmanship or materials used.
- The warranty granted under clause 3 is limited to repair or replacement only.
- Any parts of the Goods replaced during repairs or any product replaced remain the property of the manufacturer. In the event of the Goods being replaced during the Warranty Period, the warranty on the replacement Goods will expire on the same date as for the Warranty Period on the original Goods which are replaced.
- In order to claim under the warranty granted under clause 3 you must:(a) Retain this warranty with your receipt/proof of purchase; and(b) Return the Goods to us at the relevant address below or to the Supplier by prepaid within the Warranty Period accompanied with (i) the legible and unmodified original proof purchase, which clearly indicates the name and address of the Supplier, the date and place of purchase, the product name or other product serial number and (ii) this warrant
- This warranty is immediately void if:(a) Any serial number or appliance plate is removed or defaced;(b) The Goods have been serviced or otherwise repaired by a person not authorized to do so by us or where non-approved replaced parts are used.
- The Goods are designed for domestic use only. A limited 90-day Warranty applies to any industrial or commercial use of the Goods. The Goods must be connected to the electrical voltage requirements as specified in the rating label located on the Goods.
- This warranty does not cover the cost of claiming under the warranty or transport of the Goods to and from the Supplier or us.
- This warranty is only valid and enforceable in Australia against Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd and in New Zealand against Spectrum Brands New Zealand Limited.
Contact us or the Supplier for further details.Spectrum Brands Australia Pty LtdLocked Bag 3004Braeside, VIC 3195AUSTRALIACustomer service in Australia: 1800 623 118E-mail: Website: www.remington-products.com.au
REMINGTON SERVICE HOTLINEAustralia 1800 623 118 (toll-free)New Zealand 0800 736 776 (toll-free)
® Registered Trademark of Spectrum Brands, Inc., or one of its subsidiaries.Made in China to the specifications of Spectrum Brands, Inc.© 2018 Spectrum Brands, Inc.REV. 03/18PART NO. T22-7000155TYPE: BHT6450