REMINGTON Pro Spiral Curl CI5519
Thank you for buying your new Remington® product. Please read these instructions carefully and keep them safe. Remove all packaging before use. WARNING: This appliance is hot. Keep out of reach of children at all times.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been supervised/instructed and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised. Keep the appliance and cable out of reach of children under 8 years.
- Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- When the appliance is used in a bathroom, unplug it after use since the proximity of water presents a hazard even when the appliance is switched off.
- For additional protection, the installation of a residual current device (RCD) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom*.
- Currently, the fitting in a bathroom of an electrical socket suitable or capable of operating the appliance is not permitted in the UK (see BS7671).
- Burn hazard. Keep the appliance out of reach from young children, particularly during use and while cooling down.
- Never leave the appliance unattended when it is connected to the power supply.
- Always place the appliance with its stand, if any, on a heat-resistant, stable flat surface.
- If the supply cord of this unit becomes damaged, discontinue use immediately and return the appliance to your nearest authorised Remington® service dealer for repair or replacement in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not allow any part of the appliance touch the face, neck or scalp.
- Keep the power plug and cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use attachments other than those we supply.
- Do not use the appliance if it is damaged or malfunctions.
- Do not twist or kink the cable, or wrap it round the appliance. Check the cord regularly for any sign damage.
- This appliance is not intended for commercial or salon use.
- 19mm barrel with 4 x protection coating
- Tong clip
- On/off switch and temperature control
- Indicator light
- Cool tip
- Swivel cord
- Fast heat up—ready to use in 30 seconds.
- Automatic safety shut off – this unit will switch itself off if no button is pressed or it is left on after 60 minutes.
- Multivoltage: for home or abroad. At 120V times and temperatures may vary.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Before use, ensure the hair is clean, dry and tangle-free.
- For extra protection use a heat protection spray.
- Hairsprays contain flammable material – do not use while using this product.
- Section the hair prior to styling. Style the lower layers first.
- Plug in the appliance.
- Rotate the on/off switch and temperature control to the desired setting.
- The indicator light will stop flashing when the appliance is ready to use.Recommended Temperatures
Temperature Hair type 140°C – 160°C Thin / fine, damaged or bleached hair 160°C – 180°C Normal, healthy hair 180°C – 210°C Thick and difficult to style hair
- Place a section of hair under the long tong clip (smaller sections create tighter curls – larger sections create large curls or waves).
- Turn the styler to roll the hair round the barrel.
- Wait about 10 seconds for the curl to form.
- Unwind the tong and release the curl.
- Let the hair cool before styling.
- Repeat this around the head to create as many curls as desired.
- When finished, rotate the on/off switch to the O position to turn off, then unplug the appliance.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Unplug the appliance and allow to cool.
- Wipe all the surfaces with a damp cloth.
- Don’t use harsh or abrasive cleaning agents or solvents.
To avoid environmental and health problems due to hazardous substances, appliances and rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries marked with one of these symbols must not be disposed of with unsorted municipal waste. Always dispose of electrical and electronic products and, where applicable, rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries, at an appropriate official recycling/collection point.