ROLLS PA202 Mini 20 + 20 watt Power Amplifier
Bridge or Stereo Operation:
The bridge-stereo function of the PA202 is a way of converting the unit from two channels at 20 watts each to one channel at 40 watts. To do this depress the CONFIGURATION SWITCH and follow the silk screening on the chassis for the mono-bridge operation.
- THE MINIMUM SPEAKER IMPEDANCE FOR STEREO (2 CHANNEL OPERATION) IS 4 OHMS EACH.
- THE MINIMUM SPEAKER IMPEDANCE FOR MONO/BRIDGE IS 8 OHMS.
- IF YOU CONNECT AND USE THE PA202 WITH A LOWER SPEAKER IMPEDANCE THAN LISTED ABOVE YOU WILL DAMAGE THE UNIT AND POSSIBLY OTHER EQUIPMENT THAT IS CONNECTED TO THE PA202.
- DO NOT GROUND THE SPEAKER OUTPUT TERMINALS. THE SPEAKER TERMINALS MAY NOT BE AT GROUND POTENTIAL.
PA202 Mini Power Amplifier
- RCA Inputs
- Dual volume controls
- Pluggable Screw terminal in and out
- Low noise, efficient operation
- Small compact size
- Class D high-efficiency amp
The PA202 is a very compact 20 + 20 watt high efficiency amp with barrier strip terminals for the balanced input and speaker outputs. The unit is perfect for small speakers in small environments. Great for in ceiling and projector applications where small size is needed along with class D low radiated heat locations.
NOTE: THIS MANUAL ASSUMES THE USER HAS A WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF AUDIO ELECTRONICS, BALANCED AND UNBALANCED CONNECTIONS, AND PROPER SIGNAL LEVEL SETTING.
SPEAKER OUTPUT: Pluggable screw terminals.VDC: For connection to the included power supply.
CHANNEL VOLUME: Adjusts the level of signal from the Line Input to the Line/Power and Speaker outputs.INPUTS: RCA line level inputs and balanced pluggable screw terminalsBRIDGE/MONO SWITCH: For selecting the operation of stereo or mono bridge input and output operation.LIMITER SWITCH: For selecting on or off of the limiter circuit.
CONNECTION / OPERATION
- Connect input sources such as CD player, DVD player or projector outputs to the inputs of the PA202.
- Select the bridge or stereo function. The PA202 is shipped from the factory in stereo mode. To select bridge mode push in the switch until it locks into position.
- Connect the outputs from the PA202 to your speakers. The stereo and bridge outputs are labeled on the silk screening of the unit.
- We recommend selecting the LIMITER ON function, but the circuit may be disabled by selecting the OFF position.
The holes in the back and side of the PA202 are for the attachment of a zip tie (not included). For power cord strain relief as needed.
The limiter is a function that will not allow very loud signals to pass through the PA202 by limiting their volume temporarily to a normal level, preventing damage to the speakers or the unit its self. It is important to note that the limiter utilizes a circuit that decreases the amount of very loud signals it does not cut out all potentially loud signals. Proper installation and setup is crucial. If you are experiencing distortion turning the Limiter on may help but it is not intended for total dynamics control. Its primary function is to help prevent one time very loud signals like dropping a microphone or loud program material that is temporary.
- Line Input Impedance: 47K Ohms
- Power Output: 20 Watts X 2 (4 Ohms)
- Voltage Gain: 32 dB
- Maximum Supply Voltage: 30 VDC
- THD: .05% typical
- EIN: 3 mV
- Efficiency: 85%
- Input Sensitivity: 28 mV
- Bandwidth: 20Hz – 25 kHz
- Size: 6″ x 3.5″ x 1.5″
- Weight: 1 lb.