SCEPTRE E18 Series 18″ Class 720P LED TV User Guide
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Electricity is used to perform many useful functions, but it can also cause personal injuries and property damage if improperly handled. This product has been engineered and manufactured with the highest priority on safety. However, improper use can result in electric shock and / or fire. In order to prevent potential danger, please observe the following instructions when installing, operating and cleaning the product. To ensure your safety and prolong the service life of your Liquid Crystal Television, please read the following precautions carefully before using the product.
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade and the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at the plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- SCEPTRE Display x 1
- Display Stand x 1
- Screw Driver x 1
- Screws x 2
- Warranty Card x 1
- Display Remote Control (AAA Batteries included) x 1
- User Guide x 1
For TVs please visit the web athttp://www.earth911.com/recycling-guide/how-to-recycle-large-electronics/For Batteries please visit the web at http://www.call2recycle.org/For more information visit: http://www.sceptre.com/recycling.html or call 888-580-5588
ATTACHING & REMOVING THE BASE
- Insert the stand to the TV.
- Secure the installation by inserting and screwing in the 2 screws from the bottom of the stand.
- To finalize your installation of the Display, please read the following:
- a. If you are placing the Display on a stand, we would recommend you to use aDisplay safety strap (not included) in order to minimize the possibility of the Displaytoppling over.
- b. If you are mounting the Display on the wall
- Make sure the wall is structurally safe for the weight of the Display
- Make sure the wall mount kit is compatible with the Display
- Read and follow all instructions provided by the wall mounting kit.
- Securely install all screws and connections.
Rear View Mounting Pattern
Specification: 100mm x 100mm using 4 screws (not included) at size M4. The mounting holes are 5mm deep.
Connecting Your Cables
The following picture offers a suggestion for connecting most of your audio video equipment.
TV Tuner is optional. It may or may not be equipped in your product. Please check with the authorized seller, authorized distributor or Sceptre Customer Service for further information.
Ready to Watch Some TV? (Optional)
- Make sure your power cable is connected and the standby red light in the front of the HDTV is lit up.
- Check all your connection cables off the side or the back of your HDTV and also your AV devices. Make sure they are all connected securely.
- Turn on your HDTV and other AV devices if necessary. Select “HOME MODE”.
- Press the button on the side of the HDTV or the SOURCE button on the remote control and select the correct source according to the Connecting pages.
If You’ve Connected Antenna to the HDTV
If an antenna or cable (without a cable box) is connected to your TV’s tuner, you will need to go through an INITIAL SETUP process in order to watch the HDTV.
- Press MENU to open the menu
- Use the ◄ or ► button to select the CHANNEL icon and press ENTER.
- Use the ▲ or ▼ buttons to highlight the signal type and press ◄ or ► to select your connection either AIR or CABLE.
- Use the ▲ or ▼ buttons to select AUTO CHANNEL SEARCH and press ENTER to scan for channels.
- Once the scanning finishes, you can begin to watch HDTV
If You’ve Connected Cable or Satellite Set-top Boxes to the HDTV…
- Press the button on the side of the HD Display or the SOURCE button on the remote control and you will see the picture above.
- Use ▲▼ buttons to select the source you want to switch to and press the ENTER button in the middle of the ▲▼ buttons.
- If you have connected coax cable (the cable with a needle in the middle and a ring to tighten the connection) from the box to the display, you’ll need to change to the correct channel. Make sure your source is TV and press 3 and ENTER on the display’s remote. If that does not work you’ll need to connect your Satellite or Cable Company for support.
- Not all broadcasts are in High Definition (HD). Please refer to your local broadcasting stations for more information.
- The HD Display’s tuner is designed for HD Display therefore requires a stronger signal than normal Displays. If you cannot achieve that signal level with your antenna or cable, your HD Display might lose picture or sound.
- HDMI doubles as a MHL enabled port, so if you have a cell phone that supports the Mobile High-definition Link, you can purchase a MHL cable and connect it to HDMI.
Call Us If You Need Help!
Products are often returned due to a technical problem rather than a defective product that may result in unnecessary shipping charges billed to you. Our trained support personnel can often resolve the problem over the phone or email. For more information on warranty services or repairs after the warranty period, please contact our support department at the number below.
For technical help, contact our Technical Support Group via email or phone. Please have your Product Number (P/N), Serial Number (S/N), and date of purchase available before you call.
Operation Hours: Mon – Fri at 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM (PST) Tech Support E-mail: Customer Service Email: TEL: 1800-788-2878
SCEPTRE Remote Control
Please insert two AAA batteries into the remote control. Make sure that you match the (+) and (-) symbols on the batteries with the (+) and (-) symbols inside the battery compartment. Afterwards, re-attach the battery cover.
- Only use AAA batteries.
- Do not mix new and old batteries. This may result in cracking or leakage that may pose a fire risk or lead to personal injury.
- The batteries used with this product contain chemicals that are harmful to the environment. Please dispose the batteries in accordance with local laws and regulations.
- To preserve our environment, dispose of used batteries according to your local laws or regulations.
- Do not dispose of batteries with normal household waste.
- For more information please contact the local authority or your retailer where you purchased the product.
- Inserting the batteries incorrectly may also result in cracking or leakage that may pose a fire risk or lead to personal injury.
- Keep the batteries away from children and pets.
- If the remote control is not used for a long time, remove the batteries.
- Keep the remote control away from moisture, sunlight, and high temperatures.
- For Recycling Batteries please visit the web at http://www.call2recycle.org/
This remote control follows SONY’s universal remote code. To find the actual code you need to consult your cable or satellite tech support.
- POWER – Turns the display on or off.
- INFO – Shows the display info.
- NUMBER BUTTONS (0-9) – Press 0-9 to select a TV channel directly when you are watching TV. The channel will change after 2 seconds. For switching DVD chapters over 100 the 0 button acts as the 100 button, so press the 0 button twice to get that chapter.
- (-) – Inserts the dash for selecting digital channels directly.
- R – Returns to the previous channel. For switching DVD chapters over 100 the R button acts as the 100+ button, so press the R button and the number you want to switch to. For example for chapter 125 you would press R and 2 and 5 for the combination of 125.
- VOL(+)/VOL(-) – Press the VOL buttons to increase or decrease the sound level.
- ▲/▼/◄/►/ENTER – These directional buttons allow you to move around in the TV’s menu and the DVD’s menu. Press the ENTER button when you want to select a particular option.
- CH(+)/CH(-) – Press the CH buttons to switch to the next or switch to the previous channel.
- MENU – Brings up the main display menu on the screen.
- GUIDE – Opens the current digital channel information guide (antenna only).
- EXIT – Exit the main display menu on the screen.
- SOURCE – Press this button to cycle through INPUT source.
- CC – Press this button to enable closed captioning under the source TV.
- MUTE – Turns the sound off from the display. To un-mute either press VOL(+) or press the MUTE button again.
- FAV – Press this button to look at the favorite channels added.
- F.ADD/DEL – Press this button to add or delete the current channel from the favorites list.
- SLEEP – Press this button to automatically shut off the TV after a period of time.
- USB – This button switches the source to USB.
- YPbPr – This button switches the source to YPbPr.
- HDMI – This button switches the source to HDMIThe following buttons are functions designed to work with the optional, Sceptre Sound Bar.
- POWER – This button turns on the sound bar.
- SOURCE – This button selects the sound bar’s source.
- MODE – This button selects the sound bar’s sound modes.
- VOL(-) – This button decreases the volume of the sound bar.
- VOL(+) – This button increases the volume of the sound bar.Color Buttons
- A – No function.
- B – This button turns on or off the TV’s voice guidance for the visually impaired.
- C – No function.
- D – No function
Buttons encircled by the word SOUND BAR are to be used with the Sceptre’s sound bar only.
Figure estimates off the Energy Guide yellow label are based on a specific usage pattern with the power saving mode selected under picture mode / picture setting of this product. Other picture settings / picture modes selected will consume more power than the estimate. Energy Guide labels will not always reflect your current electricity prices. They may also vary due to local energy prices and user’s usage habits.
This display features audio voice guidance for the poor sighted. Press the green B button to enable this function.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Operation is subject to the following conditions:
This device may not cause harmful interferenceThis device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Please Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
Caution: To comply with the limits for an FCC Class B computing device, always use the signal cord and power cord supplied with this unit.The Federal Communications Commission warns that changes or modifications to the unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
European NoticeProducts with the CE marking comply with both the EMC Directive (89/336/EEC), (93/68/EEC) and the Low Voltage Directive (72/23/EEC) issued by the Commission of the European Community.
Never place a television set in an unstable location. A television set may fall, causing serious personal injury or death. Many injuries, particularly to children, can be avoided by taking simple precautions such as
- Use only cabinets or stands recommended by the manufacturer of the television set.
- Use only furniture that can safely support the television set.
- Make sure the television set is not overhanging the edge of the supporting furniture.
- Do not place the television set on tall furniture (for example, cupboards or bookcases) without anchoring both the furniture and the television set to a suitable support.
- Do not place the television set on cloth or other materials that may be located between the television set and supporting furniture.
- Make sure to warn and educate children about the dangers of climbing on furniture to reach the television set or its controls.
- Keep a minimum distance of 5 cm around all edges of the display for sufficient ventilation.
- The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the ventilation openings with items, such as newspapers, table-cloths, curtains, etc. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- No naked flame sources, such as lighted candles should be placed on the apparatus.
- Operating environment: temperature: 5°C~35°C, Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing, altitude: 0~2000 m.
- WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture. The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and that objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall not be placed on apparatus.
- WARNING: The mains plug is used as disconnect device, the disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
- WARNING: The battery (battery or batteries or battery pack) shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK. DO NOT EXPOSE THIS PRODUCT TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
CAUTIONRISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK DO NOT OPEN
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE COVER (OR BACK). NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
The lightning flash with arrow-head symbol, within an equilateral triangle, is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated “dangerous voltage” within the product’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
The exclamation point within a triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the product.
Disclaimer, Trademarks, & Copyright Information
- HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.”
- Wii™ is a registered trademark or trademark of Nintendo of America, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- MHL® and the MHL logo are a trademark, registered trademark or service mark of MHL, LLC in the United States and /or other countries.
- This product qualifies for ENERGY STAR in the “power saving” mode and this is the setting in which power savings will be achieved. Changing this mode under picture settings or enabling other features will increase power consumption that could exceed the limits necessary to qualify for ENERGY STAR rating. For more information on the ENERGY STAR program, please refer to www.energystar.gov.
- This equipment is a Class II or double insulated electrical appliance. It has been designed in such a way that it does not require a safety connection to electrical earth.
- SCEPTRE is a trademark or registered trademark of Sceptre Group.
- Sceptre, Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein; nor for incidental or consequential damages resulting from furnishing this material, or the performance or use of this product.
- In the interest of continuing product improvement, Sceptre, Inc. reserves the right to change product specifications without notice. Information in this document may change without notice.
- No part of this document may be copied, reproduced, or transmitted by any means, for any purpose without prior written permission from Sceptre, Inc.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.