IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONSHOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this vacuum cleaner has a polarizedplug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug willfit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into theoutlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.DO NOT force into outlet or try to modify to fit.
WARNINGTO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK OR INJURY:
GENERAL WARNINGSWhen using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always befollowed, including the following:
- Your vacuum cleaner may consistof a motorized nozzle, wand, hose,and/or vacuum pod. This devicecontains electrical connections,electrical wiring, and movingparts that potentially present riskto the user.
- Use only identical replacement parts.
- Carefully observe and followthe instructions provided belowto avoid improper use of theappliance. DO NOT use the vacuumfor any purpose other than thosedescribed in this manual.
- Before use, carefully inspect allparts for any damage. DO NOTuse if any parts are damaged.
- The use of an extension cord isNOT recommended.
- This vacuum cleaner containsno serviceable parts.USE WARNINGS
- This appliance can be used bypersons with reduced physical,sensory or mental capabilities orlack of experience and knowledgeif they have been given supervisionor instruction concerning use ofthe appliance in a safe way andunderstand the hazards involved.Cleaning and user maintenance shallnot be made by children. Keep theappliance and its cord out of reach ofchildren. DO NOT allow the applianceto be used by children. DO NOT allowto be used as a toy. Close supervisionis necessary when used near children.
- Always turn off the vacuum cleanerbefore connecting or disconnectingany motorized nozzles or otheraccessories.
- DO NOT handle plug or vacuumcleaner with wet hands.
- DO NOT use without filters in place.
- Only use Shark® branded filtersand accessories.
- DO NOT damage the power cord:a) DO NOT pull or carry vacuumcleaner by the cord or use thecord as a handle.b) DO NOT unplug by pullingon cord. Grasp the plug, notthe cord.c) DO NOT run the vacuum cleanerover the power cord, close adoor on the cord, pull the cordaround sharp corners, or leavethe cord near heated surfaces.
- DO NOT put any objects into nozzleor accessory openings. DO NOT usewith any opening blocked; keep freeof dust, lint, hair, and anything thatmay reduce airflow.
- DO NOT use if nozzle or accessoryairflow is restricted. If the airpaths or the motorized floornozzle become blocked, turn thevacuum cleaner off and unplugfrom electrical outlet. Remove allobstructions before you plug inand turn on the unit again. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONSREAD ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
- Keep nozzle and all vacuumopenings away from hair, face,fingers, uncovered feet, orloose clothing.
- DO NOT use if vacuum cleaner isnot working as it should, or hasbeen dropped, damaged, leftoutdoors, or dropped into water.
- Use extra care when cleaningon stairs.
- DO NOT leave the vacuum cleanerunattended while plugged in.
- When powered on, keep thevacuum cleaner moving over thecarpet surface at all times to avoiddamaging the carpet fibers.
- DO NOT place vacuum cleaneron unstable surfaces such as chairsor tables.
- Your Shark® vacuum may notbe designed to stand up on its own.When taking a break from cleaning,you may need to lean it againstfurniture or a wall, or lay it flaton the floor. Using the vacuumfor an application where the unitlacks stability may result inpersonal injury.
- DO NOT use to pick up:a) Liquidsb) Large objectsc) Hard or sharp objects(glass, nails, screws, or coins)d) Large quantities of dust (drywalldust, fireplace ash, or embers).DO NOT use as an attachment topower tools for dust collection.e) Smoking or burning objects(hot coals, cigarette butts,or matches)f) Flammable or combustiblematerials (lighter fluid, gasoline,or kerosene)g) Toxic materials (chlorine bleach,ammonia, or drain cleaner)
- DO NOT use in the following areas:a) Poorly lit areasb) Wet or damp surfacesc) Outdoor areasd) Spaces that are enclosed andmay contain explosive or toxicfumes or vapors (lighter fluid,gasoline, kerosene, paint,paint thinners, mothproofingsubstances, or flammable dust)
- Turn off all controls before pluggingin or unplugging the vacuum.
- Unplug from electrical outletwhen not in use and beforeany maintenance or cleaning.
- Hand wash with water only.Washing with cleaning chemicalscould damage the unit.
- During cleaning or routinemaintenance, DO NOT cut anythingother than hair, fibers, or stringwrapped around the brushroll.
- Allow all filters to air-dry completelybefore replacing in the vacuum toprevent liquid from being drawninto electric parts.
- Make sure the dust cup and allfilters are in place after routinemaintenance.
- If provided, secure the powercord around the two cord hooksduring storage.
1. Insert Wand into Floor Nozzle.2. Insert Handheld Vacuum into wand.3. Snap the Accessory Holder onto the wand,then place accessories in the holder.Ensure all connections click securely into place
The control panel is located on top of thehandheld vacuum.
Power ButtonPress the Power button to begin vacuuming.Press again to turn off power.
Bare Floor/Small Area RugsIn the Bare Floor/Small Area Rug setting,the brushrolls spin slowly to clean barefloors and small area rugs
CarpetThe brushrolls spin faster to pick up debrisbelow the surface of your carpets.
NOTE: Use the floor selector to toggle between Bare Floor and Carpet settings.NOTE: For deep cleaning per ASTM F 608 (embedded dirt in carpets) please use the Carpet setting.
To clean floors, step on floor nozzleand tilt handheld vacuum back.Select the desired floor mode for cleaning.
For more reach, detach the wand. Standthe vacuum upright, step on the footpedal on the side of the nozzle, and pullup the wand to detach.
To detach the handheld vacuum, press theWand Release button and lift the handheldvacuum off the wand. Great for cleaningstairs, furniture, and countertops.
To clean stairs or other narrow spaces,attach the handheld vacuum to thefloor nozzle.
Press the wand release button near the top of thewand to detach the handheld vacuum.Align the catch on the side of the handheldvacuum with the storage hook on the wand, thenhang the handheld vacuum from the hook.
Wrap the cord around the two cord hooks.Start with the top hook, and leave a littleslack in the cord.
NOTE: Not all accessories come with all units. For a list of the accessories included with this model, see the topinside flap of the box. To order additional accessories, visit sharkaccessories.com.
A Crevice ToolThis slender tool offers extended reach toaccess corners, baseboards, tight spaces, andceilings. A longer crevice tool is available atsharkaccessories.com.
B Pet Crevice ToolThis versatile, slender 8″ tool removes pet hairfrom hard-to-reach spaces like corners, stairs,and in between couch cushions.
C Upholstery ToolPicks up pet hair, dust, and large debris frommattresses, couches, curtains, and otherdelicate upholstered fabrics.
D Dusting BrushThis brush dusts and cleans delicate surfaces.Great for use on fans, blinds, lampshades, and keyboards.
E Pet Multi-ToolA single convertible tool for cleaning tough petmesses two ways: use the stiff bristle brush toclean stuck-on debris, or take off the bristles toreveal an upholstery tool perfect for removingstubborn pet hair and large piles of debris.
F Duster Crevice ToolTwo cleaning tools in one. The crevice toolgives you extended reach to clean in tightspaces, while the soft brush is ideal for dustingdelicate surfaces.
G Anti-Allergen Dust BrushThis brush features nylon fiber bristles specificallydesigned for removing fine dust and allergenparticles from the most delicate surfaces.
H Self-Cleaning Pet Power BrushTackles pet hair and ground-in dirt from abovefloorareas like carpeted stairs and upholstery,while actively removing hair wrap as it cleans.
I Precision DusterThis flexible tube features a micro-duster crevicetool on the end for cleaning around delicateobjects and in difficult-to-reach spots like carinteriors and computer keyboards.
J Under-Appliance WandClean under and behind hard-to-moveappliances and furniture with this adjustable 36″tool. Flip the extension piece over to clean theunderside of appliances.
K Onboard Storage ClipThis removable clip attaches to your vacuum.The clip can store up to two accessories at atime while you clean.
L Accessory Bag (Large, 32 x 70 cm)This convenient accessory storage bagmeasures 32 cm x 70 cm and fits the Under-Appliance Wand. Smaller size available atsharkaccessories.com
IMPORTANT: Unplug the vacuum before performing any maintenance.
EMPTYING THE DUST CUP
Empty the dust cup each time you vacuum and periodically during cleaning, when debris in the dust cup reaches the MAX fill line.
Press the wand release button and lift thehandheld vacuum. Remove the dust cup andcheck all intake openings for blockages.
To remove the dust cup from the handheld vacuum,press the two Dust Cup Release buttons at the sametime and slide out the dust cup.
Hold the dust cup over the trash. Press the emptybutton and pull the dust cup open until it clicksand locks. To remove debris from the conical metalscreen, tap the dust cup downward inside the trash.
Push the dust cup closed. Reinstall it in thehandheld vacuum by inserting the front end first,then the back until it clicks into place.
Regularly rinse and replace the filters to maintain your vacuum’s suction power.To prevent damage from cleaning chemicals, rinse filters with cold water only. Do not use soap. Allow all filters to air-dry for at least 24 hours before reinstalling them to prevent liquid from being drawn into electronic parts.
With the dust cup detached, press the FilterAccess buttons on both sides of the back of thedust cup, then pull out the filter housing. Pull thefoam filter out of the housing, then lift out the feltfilter by the pull tab.The Pre-Motor Filters should be washed once a month.
Remove the filter cover on the top of the handheldvacuum to access the post-motor filter. To insertthe filter cover, lead with the bottom and press thetop into the handheld until it clicks into place.The Post-Motor Filter should be washed onceevery 12 months.
Replacement Pre-Motor Filter Kit Replacement Post-Motor FilterXFFKHZ2000 XPMFHZ2000NOTE: The pre-motor filters should be replaced every 2.5 years. The post-motor filter should be replaced every 3 years.Remove the handheld vacuum from the wand andcheck all dust cup intake openings for debris orblockages.
Detach the wand and check it for blockages.
Detach the wand from the floor nozzle and set aside.Tilt the floor nozzle tube back and check openingsfor blockages.Remove any blockages or debris from the floor nozzledebris intake.(See Floor Nozzle Maintenance section to checkunderneath the nozzle.).
If you notice any hair wrap, continue vacuuming and the Self-Cleaning Brushroll will automatically remove it. If some hair wrap remains after continued use, remove the brushroll cover from the bottom of the nozzle and carefully remove the hair.To open the cover, use a coin to turn the locks counterclockwise. Lift off the cover and remove any debris or hair wrap. Check the Debris Intake and clear away any dirt or blockages.To close the cover, push down until it clicks into place, then turn the locks clockwise until closed.
Vacuum is not picking up debris. No suction or light suction. (Refer to Maintenance section for moreinformation.)
- Empty the dust cup and clear the conical metal fluff screen. Check filters to see if they need cleaning.Follow instructions for rinsing and completely air-drying the filters before reinstalling them.
- Check floor nozzle for blockages; clear blockages if required. (See Checking for Blockages instructions).
- Remove any string, carpet fibers, or hair that may be wrapped around the brushroll.
- Ensure the brushroll cover is locked in place. First, turn the nozzle upside down. Using a coin, turn thethree locks counterclockwise. Push down on both sides of the cover until it clicks securely into place, then turn locks clockwise to close.
Vacuum lifts area rugs.
- Suction is powerful. Take care when vacuuming area rugs or rugs with delicately sewn edges.
- Turn off the unit to disengage the brushrolls. To restart, press the power button on the handle.
NOTE: During above-floor cleaning, accessories are optimized for different types of debris (See AvailableAccessories section).
Brushrolls do not spin.
- Sometimes going over thick carpet may cause the brushroll to stop. Try turning off and turning on thevacuum off the carpet to see to restart the floor nozzle.
- If the brushroll indicator light turns solid red or flashes red, immediately turn off and unplug the vacuum.
- Disconnect the wand from the floor nozzle and clear any blockages.
- Reconnect the wand, plug in the vacuum, and turn on the power.
- If the brushroll indicator light on the floor nozzle is green, the blockage has been successfully cleared. Ifthe light is still red, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398.
Vacuum turns off on its own or the indicator light flashes red.If your vacuum overheats, the thermostat will automatically turn off the motor. Perform the following steps to restart:
- Turn vacuum off and unplug it.
- Empty dust cup and clean filters (see Emptying the Dust Cup section).
- Disassemble the entire vacuum.
- Check for blockages in wand, floor nozzle, handheld vacuum, inlet openings, and accessories.
- Reassemble the entire vacuum and ensure all parts click into place.
- Allow unit to cool for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Plug in vacuum and turn it on.
Vacuum is making a loud noise.If you run over a hard or sharp object or notice a noise change while vacuuming, check for blockages orobjects caught behind the brushroll. (Refer to Maintenance section for more information.)
FIVE (5) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The Five (5) Year Limited Warranty applies to purchases made from authorized retailers of SharkNinjaOperating LLC. Warranty coverage applies to the original owner and to the original product only and isnot transferable.SharkNinja warrants that the unit shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase when it is used under normal household conditions andmaintained according to the requirements outlined in the Owner’s Guide, subject to the following conditions and exclusions:
What is covered by this warranty?
- The original unit and/or non-wearable components deemed defective, in SharkNinja’s sole discretion, will be repaired or replaced up to five (5) years from the original purchase date.
- In the event a replacement unit is issued, the warranty coverage ends six (6) months following the receipt date of the replacement unit or the remainder of the existing warranty, whichever is later.SharkNinja reserves the right to replace the unit with one of equal or greater value.
What is not covered by this warranty?
- Normal wear and tear of wearable parts (such as foam filters, HEPA filters, pads, etc.), which require regular maintenance and/or replacement to ensure the proper functioning of your unit, are not covered by this warranty. Replacement parts are available for purchase at sharkaccessories.com.
- Any unit that has been tampered with or used for commercial purposes.
- Damage caused by misuse (e.g., vacuuming up water or other liquids), abuse, negligent handling, failure to perform required maintenance (e.g., not cleaning the filters), or damage due to mishandling in transit.
- Consequential and incidental damages.
- Defects caused by repair persons not authorized by SharkNinja. These defects include damages caused in the process of shipping, altering, or repairing the SharkNinja product (or any of its parts) when therepair is performed by a repair person not authorized by SharkNinja.
- Products purchased, used, or operated outside North America.
How to get serviceIf your appliance fails to operate properly while in use under normal household conditions within the warranty period, visit sharkclean.com/support for product care and maintenance self-help. Our Customer ServiceSpecialists are also available at 1-800-798-7398 to assist with product support and warranty service options, including the possibility of upgrading to our VIP warranty service options for select product categories.SharkNinja will cover the cost for the customer to send in the unit to us for repair or replacement. A fee of $24.95 (subject to change) will be charged when SharkNinja ships the repaired or replacement unit.
How to initiate a warranty claimYou must call 1-800-798-7398 to initiate a warranty claim. You will need the receipt as proof of purchase.A Customer Service Specialist will provide you with return and packing instruction information.
How state law appliesThis warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, sothe above may not apply to you.
RECORD THIS INFORMATIONModel Number: ________________________Date Code: ____________________________Date of Purchase: ______________________(Keep receipt)Store of Purchase: ______________________
Benefits of registering your product andcreating an account:
- Get easier, faster product support and access to warranty information
- Access troubleshooting and product care instructions
- Be among the first to know about exclusive product promotions
TIP: The model number is on the rating label behind the dust cup.TIP: The date code is on one of the prongs of the power cord plug.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONSVoltage: 120V~, 60HzWatts: 680W
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.This Owner’s Guide is designed to help you get a complete understanding of your new Shark®UltraLight Pet Corded Stick with Self-Cleaning Brushroll.SharkNinja Operating LLCUS: Needham, MA 02494CAN: Ville St-Laurent, QC H4S 1A7sharkclean.comIllustrations may differ from actual product. We are constantly striving to improve our products;therefore the specifications contained herein are subject to change without notice.For SharkNinja U.S. Patent information, visit sharkninja.com/uspatents
2020 SharkNinja Operating LLC. SHARK is a registeredtrademark of SharkNinja Operating LLC. HZ250_Series_IB_EN_EB3_Mv3PRINTED IN CHINA
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Shark HZ250 Series UltraLight Pet Corded Stick with Self-Cleaning Brushroll User Manual – Shark HZ250 Series UltraLight Pet Corded Stick with Self-Cleaning Brushroll User Manual –