IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONSFOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY • PLEASE READALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS VACUUM.If the charging cord plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug.If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT force into outletor try to modify to fit.To reduce the risk of shock and unintended operation, turn off power and remove the battery before servicing.
WARNINGTo reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, injury, or property damage:
THE FLOOR NOZZLE, WAND, AND HAND VACUUM CONTAIN ELECTRICALCONNECTIONS:
- This vacuum consists of a motorizednozzle, wand, and hand vacuum.These components contain electricalconnections, electrical wiring, andmoving parts that potentially present riskto the user.
- Before each use, carefully inspectall parts for any damage. If a part isdamaged, discontinue use.
- Use only identical replacement parts.
- This vacuum contains no serviceable parts.
- Use only as described in this manual.DO NOT use the vacuum for any purposeother than those described in this manual.
- With the exception of the filters and dustcup, DO NOT expose any parts of thevacuum to water or other liquids.
- Keep the appliance and its cord outof reach of children. Do not allow theappliance to be used by children. Donot allow to be used as a toy. Closesupervision is necessary when usednear children.GENERAL US
- This appliance can be used by personswith reduced physical, sensory or mentalcapabilities or lack of experience orknowledge if they have been givensupervision or instruction concerninguse of the appliance in a safe wayand understand the hazards involved.Cleaning and user maintenance shall notbe made by children.
- Always turn off the vacuum beforeconnecting or disconnecting any currentcarrying hoses, motorized nozzles,chargers, batteries, or other electrical ormechanical parts.
- DO NOT handle plug or vacuum withwet hands.
- DO NOT use without dust cup, filters,and brushroll in place.
- Only use Shark® branded filters andaccessories.
- DO NOT put any objects into nozzle oraccessory openings. DO NOT use withany opening blocked; keep free of dust,lint, hair, and anything that may reduceairflow.
- DO NOT use if nozzle or accessoryairflow is restricted. If the air paths orthe motorized floor nozzle becomeblocked, turn the vacuum off. Remove allobstructions before you turn on the unit again.
- Keep nozzle and all vacuum openingsaway from hair, face, fingers, uncoveredfeet, or loose clothing.
- DO NOT use if vacuum is not workingas it should, or has been dropped,damaged, left outdoors, or dropped intowater.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- DO NOT leave the vacuum unattendedwhile powered on.
- When powered on, keep the vacuummoving over the carpet surface at alltimes to avoid damaging the carpet fibers.
- DO NOT place vacuum on unstablesurfaces such as chairs or tables.
- DO NOT use to pick up:a) Liquidsb) Large objectsc)Hard or sharp objects (glass, nails,screws, or coins)d) Large quantities of dust (includingdrywall, fireplace ash, or embers).DO NOT use as an attachment topower tools for dust collection.e) Smoking or burning objects (hot coals,cigarette butts, or matches)f) Flammable or combustible materials(lighter fluid, gasoline, or kerosene)g) Toxic materials (chlorine bleach,ammonia, or drain cleaner)
- DO NOT use in the following areas:a) Poorly lit areasb) Wet or damp surfacesc) Outdoor areasd) Spaces that are enclosed and maycontain explosive or toxic fumesor vapors (lighter fluid, gasoline,kerosene, paint, paint thinners,mothproofing substances, orflammable dust)
- Turn off the vacuum before plugging in orunplugging the charger.
- Turn off the vacuum before anyadjustment, cleaning, maintenance ortroubleshooting.
- During cleaning or routine maintenance,DO NOT cut anything other than hair,fibers, or string wrapped around thebrushroll.
- Allow all filters to air-dry completelybefore replacing in the vacuum to preventliquid from being drawn into electric parts.
- DO NOT modify or attempt to repair thevacuum or the battery yourself, except asindicated in this manual.DO NOT use the battery or vacuum if ithas been modified or damaged.Damaged or modified batteries mayexhibit unpredictable behavior resulting infire, explosion or risk of injury.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Always turn off this appliance beforeconnecting or disconnecting motorizednozzle or hand tool.BATTERY PACK
- The battery is the power source for thevacuum. Carefully read and follow allcharging instructions.
- To prevent unintentional starting, ensurethe vacuum is powered off before pickingup or carrying the vacuum. DO NOTcarry the appliance with your finger onthe power switch.
- Use only Shark® chargerDK12-133090A-U or E-TEKZD012S133090USD. Use of an incorrectcharger may result in no charging, and/orunsafe conditions.
- Use only with Shark battery packXSBT330.
- Keep the battery away from all metalobjects such as paper clips, coins, keys,nails, or screws. Shorting the batteryterminals increases the risk of fire orburns.
- Under abusive conditions, liquid maybe ejected from the battery. Avoidcontact with this liquid, as it may causeirritation or burns. If contact occurs, flushwith water. If liquid contacts eyes, seekmedical help.
- Battery should not be stored attemperatures below 37.4°F (3°C) orabove 104°F (40°C) to maintain longtermbattery life.
- DO NOT charge battery at temperaturesbelow 40°F (5°C) or above 104°F (40°C).
- Store the appliance indoors. DO NOT useor store it below 37.4°F (3°C). Ensure theappliance is at room temperature beforeoperating.
- DO NOT expose the battery to fire ortemperatures above 265°F (130°C) as itmay cause explosion.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Slide the Wand onto the neck of the PowerFinsFloor Nozzle until it clicks into place.
- Align the Hand Vacuum nozzle opening with the topof the wand and slide it on until it clicks into place.
- Make sure the Dock Plate is facing upright. Slidethe Charging Post into the slot on back of dockuntil it clicks.
- Place the dock on the floor near a wall outlet.Plug the Wall Charger into the outlet, thenconnect the cord to the port on the back of thecharging post.
- Store cleaning accessories on the mount onthe dock plate.For proper operation, ensure all components arecompletely connected and clicked into place
NOTE: Once the charging post is installed, it can’t be removed.
Prior to first use, charge the battery completely. A full charge takes approximately 3.5 hours
RUNTIMES PER FULLY CHARGED BATTERY
Visit sharkclean.com/support online or review the included Quick Start Guide.
LED BATTERY POWER AND CHARGING INDICATORS
RECYCLING THE LI-ION BATTERY
When the Shark® Li-ion battery needs to be replaced, dispose of it or recycle it in accordance with local ordinances or regulations. In some areas, it is illegal to place spent lithium-ion batteries in the trash or in amunicipal solid waste stream. Return spent batteries to an authorized recycling center or to the retailer for recycling. Contact your local recycling center for information on where to drop off the spent battery.
NOTE: The Shark battery, like all lithium-ion batteries, will naturally decrease in capacity over time from the 100% capacity of
CHARGING WHILE IN STORAGE MODE
Charge the unit in upright mode by placing it on thedock plate, with the hook on the back of the wandover the charging post. Make sure the contactson the wand are aligned with the contacts on thecharging post. When charging is complete and you need to usethe unit again, lift it off the dock plate.
Detach the hand vacuum (see below). Charge theunit by sliding the hand vacuum nozzle openingover the post on the storage arm. To charge, makesure the contacts on the hand vacuum are alignedwith the contacts on the storage arm.When charging is complete and you need to usethe unit again, reattach the hand vacuum and use itto lift the wand and nozzle off the dock plate.
To detach the hand vacuum from the wand, pressthe release buttons on both sides of the handle and lift it off the wand.To reattach the hand vacuum to the wand, align thenozzle opening over the top of the wand and slideit on until it clicks into place
NOTE: When docked properly, the charging lights onthe hand vacuum will blink, indicating that charging hasbegun. When charging is complete, all three indicatorlights will remain on for 10 minutes, then shut off.NOTE: The main unit comes with a partial charge.For maximum runtime, charge fully before first use(approximately 3 hours). Leaving the unit plugged inwill not damage battery life.
To charge the hand vacuum without the dock,unplug the charger cord from the dock and connectit directly to the port on the hand vacuum, near thenozzle opening. To detach the hand vacuum, pressthe release buttons on both sides of the handle andlift it off the wand. (See previous page.)
To remove the battery from the hand vacuum,press the release tabs on the battery cap and slideout the battery. To reinstall, slide the batteryinto the compartment in the handle until it clicks into place.
For quick and easy short-term storage, first attach the wandstorage clip by pressing it onto the front of the wand.
Lock the nozzle and wand in the upright position, and detachthe hand vacuum (see previous page). Hang the hand vacuumfrom the wand storage clip, with the filter removal latch sittinginside the clip.
To remove, slide the hand vacuum up and out. To remove the storageclip, pull it off the wand.
Press the On/Off button on the handle to turn onpower. To turn off power, press the button again.
For an added boost of power, push and hold theBoost button on the underside of the handle.The Boost icon will blink white in this mode.Release the button to return to standard powe
Use the PowerFins floor nozzle for powerful cleaningon both bare floors and carpets. The brushroll isactivated when the hand vacuum is connected andpowered on, and the handle is tilted back
Detach the hand vacuum to clean above-floor areas.Press the release buttons on both sides of the handle,and lift the hand vacuum off the wand. To attachan accessory to the hand vacuum, slide it into theopening in the nozzle. To remove, press the releasebuttons on both sides of the handle and slide outthe accessory.
To detach the floor nozzle from the wand, step onthe nozzle while pressing the nozzle release buttonat the bottom of the wand. Lift the wand to removeit. To reattach the wand, align it over the neck ofthe floor nozzle, then slide it on until it clicks into place
NOTE: All accessories are compatible with both the wandand the hand vacuum.
- With the power off, slide the release buttonforward, and the dust cup will swing open. Tapthe filter screen lightly to knock off dust and debris.
- Wipe the screen inside the dust cup lightly with adry cloth to remove dust and dirt.
NOTE: Do not wash any parts or accessories in a dishwasher.
- With the dust cup open and the power off, pressthe filter release latch below the handle and pullout the filter housing.
- Press the tabs on both sides of the filter housingand pull out the filter. To clean the filter, handwashonly with water and let air-dry for 24 hoursbefore reinstalling. To reinstall, slide it back intothe filter housing and press into place.
- To deep clean the cup, first remove the CycloneFilter. Lift it out by the wire handle on the frame.Rinse the dust cup with water, and wipe it cleanwith a damp cloth. Allow it to air-dry for 24 hours.
- When the dust cup is completely dry, slide thecyclone filter back into place. Tuck the wire handleaway, then reinstall the dust cup.
- Turn off the vacuum.
- Press the nozzle release button to detach thenozzle from the wand.
- Using a coin, turn the 3 locks counterclockwiseto open, then lift off the cover and tilt back theneck of the nozzle.
- Clear any blockages and remove any debrisfrom the brushroll and floor nozzle.
- With the cover removed, wipe the brushrollclean with a dry towel.
- Replace the cover by sliding the tabs into theslots. Press down firmly on all sides. Turn locksclockwise to close, until they click into place
CHECKING FOR BLOCKAGES
If you run over a hard or sharp object or notice a noise change while vacuuming, check for blockages or objects caught in the brushroll.
Checking for Blockages in the Hand vacuum:1. Turn off the vacuum.2. Remove the hand vacuum from the wand.3. Check all intake openings to the dust cup andremove any debris or blockages
Checking for Blockages in the Wand:1. Turn off the vacuum.2. Detach the hand vacuum and floor nozzle fromthe wand.3. Check both ends of the wand for blockages anddebris. 4. Clear away any debris or blockages.
Checking for Blockages in the Floor Nozzle:1. Turn off the vacuum.2. Detach the wand.3. Using a coin, turn the 4 locks on the bottom ofthe nozzle counterclockwise to open.4. Lift off the nozzle cover and tilt back the neck ofthe nozzle.5. Check the opening and remove any debris.6. Replace the cover by sliding the tabs into theslots. Press down firmly on all sides. Turn the locks clockwise to close.
MAINTAINING YOUR VACUUM
WARNING: To reduce the risk of shock and unintended operation, turn off power and remove the battery before servicing.
Vacuum is not picking up debris. No suction or light suction. Third indicator light on hand vacuum is solid yellow.(Refer to Checking for Blockages section for more information.)
- Dust cup may be full; empty dust cup.
- Check floor nozzle for blockages; clear blockages if required.
- Remove any string, carpet fibers, or hair that may be wrapped around the brushroll.
- Check connection between hand vacuum and wand for blockages; clear blockages if required.
- Check filters to see if they need cleaning. Follow instructions for rinsing and completely air-drying thefilters before reinstalling them.
Vacuum lifts area rugs.
- Make sure you are not engaging Boost mode. Take care when vacuuming area rugs or rugs with delicately sewn edges.
- Turn off the unit to disengage from the carpet, then restart.My vacuum has a PowerFins nozzle but the brushroll doesn’t spin.
- Immediately turn off the vacuum. Remove any blockages before turning the vacuum back on. Make surethe hand vacuum is tilted back far enough for the brushroll to engage while in use.
- If the floor nozzle has headlights and they are not illuminated, there is a connection issue between the hand vacuum, wand, and nozzle. Try detaching the parts, then reconnecting them.
Vacuum turns off on its own.There are several possible reasons for the vacuum turning off on its own, including blockages, battery issues, and overheating. If vacuum turns off on its own, perform the following steps:
- Turn on the vacuum and check the battery indicator lights on the hand vacuum. If recharging is needed,make sure vacuum power is off before plugging in the charger.
- Empty dust cup and clean filters (See the Cleaning the Dust Cup and Filter section).
- Check wand, accessories, and inlet openings and remove any blockages.
- Allow unit and battery to cool for at least 45 minutes, until they return to room temperature.
- Press the On/Off switch to restart the vacuum.
Battery Indicator Lights on hand vacuum are flashing.
NOTE: If vacuum still does not operate properly, contact Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398 or sharkclean.com/support.
- Bottom LED is solid yellow (Fig. A): Nozzle clog.(See the Maintaining Your Vacuum section.)
- Top LED is flashing (Fig. B): Battery needs tobe charged.Contact Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398or sharkclean.com if you experience any of theindications listed below:
- Top two LEDs are flashing (Fig. C): Overcurrent or short.
- Top and bottom LEDs are flashing (Fig. D): Motoris overheating.
- Middle LED is flashing (Fig. E): Overspeed.
- Bottom LED is flashing (Fig. F): Communication.
- Bottom LED blinking yellow (Fig. G): There maybe an electrical problem with the nozzle.
ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE ON SHARKACCESSORIES.COM
A Crevice Tool B Duster Crevice ToolC Upholstery ToolD Wide Upholstery ToolE Pet Multi-ToolF Motorized Hand ToolG Replacement BatteryH Li-Ion ChargerI Battery Charging Sleeve
NOTE: Not all accessories come with all units. Please see the enclosed Quick Start Guide for your unit’s configuration.To order additional accessories, visit sharkaccessories.com.
FIVE (5) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The Five (5) Year Limited Warranty applies to purchases made from authorized retailers of SharkNinjaOperating LLC. Warranty coverage applies to the original owner and to the original product only and is not transferable.SharkNinja warrants that the unit shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a periodof five (5) years from the date of purchase when it is used under normal household conditions and maintained according to the requirements outlined in the Owner’s Guide, subject to the following conditions and exclusions:
What is covered by this warranty?
- The original unit and/or non-wearable components deemed defective, in SharkNinja’s sole discretion,will be repaired or replaced up to five (5) years from the original purchase date.
- In the event a replacement unit is issued, the warranty coverage ends six (6) months following the receipt date of the replacement unit or the remainder of the existing warranty, whichever is later.SharkNinja reserves the right to replace the unit with one of equal or greater value.
What is not covered by this warranty?
- Normal wear and tear of wearable parts (such as foam filters, HEPA filters, pads, etc.), which require regular maintenance and/or replacement to ensure the proper functioning of your unit, are not coveredby this warranty. Replacement parts are available for purchase at sharkaccessories.com.
- Any unit that has been tampered with or used for commercial purposes.
- Damage caused by misuse (e.g., vacuuming up water or other liquids), abuse, negligent handling, failure to perform required maintenance (e.g., not cleaning the filters), or damage due to mishandling in transit.
- Consequential and incidental damages.
- Defects caused by repair persons not authorized by SharkNinja. These defects include damages caused in the process of shipping, altering, or repairing the SharkNinja product (or any of its parts) when therepair is performed by a repair person not authorized by SharkNinja.
- Products purchased, used, or operated outside North America.
How to get serviceIf your appliance fails to operate properly while in use under normal household conditions within the warrantyperiod, visit sharkclean.com/support for product care and maintenance self-help. Our Customer ServiceSpecialists are also available at 1-800-798-7398 to assist with product support and warranty service options, including the possibility of upgrading to our VIP warranty service options for select product categories. Wealso ask that you register your product online at registeryourshark.com and have the product on hand when you call, so we may better assist you.SharkNinja will cover the cost for the customer to send in the unit to us for repair or replacement. A fee of$24.95 (subject to change) will be charged when SharkNinja ships the repaired or replacement unit.
How to initiate a warranty claimYou must call 1-800-798-7398 to initiate a warranty claim. In order to better assist you please register yourproduct prior to calling and have your product with you at the time of your call. You will need the receipt as proof of purchase. A Customer Service Specialist will provide you with return and packing instructioninformation. We also ask that you register your product online at registeryourshark.com and have theproduct on hand when you call, so we may better assist you.How state law appliesThis warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, sothe above may not apply to you.
TWO (2) YEAR LIMITED BATTERY WARRANTY
The Two (2) Year VIP Limited Warranty applies to purchases made from authorized retailers of SharkNinjaOperating LLC. Warranty coverage applies to the original owner and to the original product only and is not transferable.SharkNinja warrants that the battery shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period oftwo (2) years from the date of purchase when it is used under normal household conditions and maintained according to the requirements outlined in the Owner’s Guide, subject to the following conditions and exclusions:
What is covered by this warranty?
- The original battery deemed defective, in SharkNinja’s sole discretion, will be replaced up to two (2) yearsfrom the original purchase date.
- In the event a replacement battery is issued, the warranty coverage ends six (6) months following the receiptdate of the replacement battery or the remainder of the existing warranty, whichever is later. SharkNinjareserves the right to replace the unit with one of equal or greater value.
What is not covered by this warranty?
- Normal wear and tear of the battery, which requires optimal temperature storage and operation to ensureits proper functioning. Replacement batteries are available for purchase at sharkclean.com/batteries.
- A battery that has been tampered with or used for commercial purposes.
- Damage caused by misuse (e.g., exposing battery to liquids or extreme hot and/or cold temperatures),abuse, negligent handling, failure to perform required maintenance, or damage due to mishandling in transit.
- Consequential and incidental damages.
- Defects caused by repair persons not authorized by SharkNinja. These defects include damages caused inthe process of shipping, altering, or repairing the SharkNinja product (or any of its parts) when the repair isperformed by a repair person not authorized by SharkNinja.
- Products purchased, used, or operated outside North America.
How to get serviceIf your battery fails to operate properly while in use under normal household conditions within the warrantyperiod, visit sharkclean.com/support for product care and maintenance self-help. Our Customer ServiceSpecialists are also available at 1-800-798-7398 to assist with product support and warranty service options.So we may better assist you, please register your product online at registeryourshark.com and have theproduct on hand when you call.SharkNinja will cover the cost for the customer to send in the unit to us for replacement. A fee of $19.95 (subjectto change) will be charged when SharkNinja ships the replacement unit.
How to initiate a warranty claimYou must call 1-800-798-7398 to initiate a warranty claim. You will need the receipt as proof of purchase. Wealso ask that you register your product online at registeryourshark.com and have the product on hand whenyou call, so we may better assist you. A Customer Service Specialist will provide you with return and packinginstruction information when you call.
How state law appliesThis warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state.Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you
RECORD THIS INFORMATIONModel Number: _____________________________Date Code: _________________________________Date of Purchase: ___________________________(Keep receipt)Store of Purchase: ___________________________
TIP: You can find the model and serial numbers onthe QR code label on the bottom of the back of thehand vacuum and battery.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONSVoltage: 11.1V
BATTERY REMOVAL AND DISPOSALThis product uses a lithium-ion rechargeable and recyclable battery. When the battery no longer holds acharge, it should be removed from the vacuum and recycled. DO NOT incinerate or compost the battery.When your lithium-ion battery needs to be replaced, dispose of it or recycle it in accordance with localordinances or regulations. In some areas, it is illegal to place spent lithium-ion batteries in the trash or in amunicipal solid waste stream. Return spent battery to an authorized recycling center or to retailer for recycling.Contact your local recycling center for information on where to drop off the spent battery.The RBRC™ (Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation) seal on the lithium-ion battery indicates that thecosts to recycle the battery at the end of its useful life have already been paid by SharkNinja. In some areas,it is illegal to place spent lithium-ion batteries in the trash or municipal solid waste stream and the RBRCprogram provides an environmentally conscious alternative.RBRC, in cooperation with SharkNinja and other battery users, has established programs in the UnitedStates and Canada to facilitate the collection of spent lithium-ion batteries. Help protect our environmentand conserve natural resources by returning the spent lithium-ion battery to an authorized SharkNinjaservice center or to your local retailer for recycling. You may also contact your local recycling center forinformation on where to drop off the spent battery, or call 1-800-798-7398.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.This Owner’s Guide is designed to help you get a complete understanding of your newShark® vacuum.SharkNinja Operating LLCUS: Needham, MA 02494CAN: Ville St-Laurent, QC H4S 1A71-800-798-7398sharkclean.comIllustrations may differ from actual product. We are constantly striving to improve our products;therefore the specifications contained herein are subject to change without notice.For SharkNinja U.S. Patent information, visit sharkninja.com/uspatents
© 2020 SharkNinja Operating LLC. SHARK is a registered trademark of SharkNinja Operating LLC. WANDVAC is atrademark of SharkNinja Operating LLC. RBRC is a trademark of Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation. WS630Series_IB_E_REV_Mv9PRINTED IN CHINA
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Shark Wandvac WS630 Series Cordless Vacuum Cleaner User Manual – Shark Wandvac WS630 Series Cordless Vacuum Cleaner User Manual –