Rotator®Powered Lift-Away® SpeedUpright Vacuum withSelf-Cleaning BrushrollZU620 SeriesOWNER’S GUIDE
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONSFOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY • PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USEIf the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit,contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT force into outlet or try to modify to fit.
WARNINGTo reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, injury, or property damage:
GENERAL WARNINGSWhen using an electrical appliance,basic precautions should always befollowed, including the following:
- Your vacuum cleaner may consist ofa motorized nozzle, wand, hose, and/or vacuum pod. This device containselectrical connections, electricalwiring, and moving parts thatpotentially present risk to the user.
- Use only identical replacement parts.
- Carefully observe and follow theinstructions provided below to avoidimproper use of the appliance. DO NOTuse the vacuum for any purpose otherthan those described in this manual.
- Before use, carefully inspect all partsfor any damage. DO NOT use if anyparts are damaged.
- The use of an extension cord isNOT recommended.
- This vacuum cleaner contains noserviceable parts.USE WARNINGS
- This appliance can be used bypersons with reduced physical,sensory or mental capabilities orlack of experience and knowledgeif they have been given supervisionor instruction concerning use ofthe appliance in a safe way andunderstand the hazards involved.Cleaning and user maintenance shallnot be made by children.a) Keep the appliance and its cordout of reach of children. DO NOTallow the appliance to be used bychildren. DO NOT allow to be usedas a toy. Close supervision isnecessary when used near children.
- Always turn off the vacuum cleanerbefore connecting or disconnectingany motorized nozzles or otheraccessories.
- DO NOT handle plug or vacuumcleaner with wet hands.
- DO NOT use without filters in place.
- Only use Shark® branded filtersand accessories. Failure to do sowill also void the warranty.
- DO NOT damage the power cord:a) DO NOT pull or carry vacuumcleaner by the cord or use thecord as a handle.b) DO NOT unplug by pulling oncord. Grasp the plug, not the cord.c) DO NOT run the vacuum cleanerover the power cord, close a dooron the cord, pull the cord aroundsharp corners, or leave the cordnear heated surfaces.
- DO NOT put any objects into nozzleor accessory openings. DO NOT usewith any opening blocked; keep freeof dust, lint, hair, and anything thatmay reduce airflow.
- DO NOT use if nozzle or accessoryairflow is restricted. If the air paths orthe motorized floor nozzle becomeblocked, turn the vacuum cleaneroff and unplug from electrical outlet.Remove all obstructions before youplug in and turn on the unit again.
- Keep nozzle and all vacuumopenings away from hair, face,fingers, uncovered feet, or looseclothing.
- DO NOT use if vacuum cleaner isnot working as it should, or has beendropped, damaged, left outdoors, ordropped into water.
- Use extra care when cleaningon stairs.
- DO NOT leave the vacuum cleanerunattended while plugged in.
- When powered on, keep the vacuumcleaner moving over the carpet surfaceat all times to avoid damaging thecarpet fibers.
- DO NOT place vacuum cleaneron unstable surfaces such as chairsor tables.
- Your Shark® vacuum may not bedesigned to stand up on its own. Whentaking a break from cleaning, you mayneed to lean it against furniture or awall, or lay it flat on the floor. Usingthe vacuum for an application wherethe unit lacks stability may result inpersonal injury.
- DO NOT use to pick up:a) Liquidsb) Large objectsc) Hard or sharp objects(glass, nails, screws, or coins)d) Large quantities of dust (drywalldust, fireplace ash, or embers).DO NOT use as an attachment topower tools for dust collection.e) Smoking or burning objects(hot coals, cigarette butts,or matches)f) Flammable or combustiblematerials (lighter fluid, gasoline,or kerosene)g) Toxic materials (chlorine bleach,ammonia, or drain cleaner)
- DO NOT use in the following areas:a) Poorly lit areasb) Wet or damp surfacesc) Outdoor areasd) Spaces that are enclosed and maycontain explosive or toxic fumesor vapors (lighter fluid, gasoline,kerosene, paint, paint thinners,mothproofing substances, orflammable dust)
- Turn off all controls before plugging inor unplugging the vacuum.
- Unplug from electrical outletwhen not in use and beforeany maintenance or cleaning.
- Hand wash with water only.Washing with cleaning chemicalscould damage the unit.
- During cleaning or routinemaintenance, DO NOT cut anythingother than hair, fibers, or stringwrapped around the brushroll.
- Allow all filters to air-dry completelybefore replacing in the vacuum toprevent liquid from being drawninto electric parts.
- Make sure the dust cup and all filtersare in place after routine maintenance.
- If provided, secure the powercord around the two cord hooksduring storage.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one bladeis wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If theplug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact aqualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Insert Wand into Floor Nozzle.
- Insert Handle into wand.
- Place Pod onto wand and slide down to connect.
- Connect Hose into back of pod, until it clicks into place.
- Attach Hose Clip to wand.
For proper operation, ensure all parts are firmly clicked into place.
Press power button to turn the vacuum on or off. Please note the Brushrolls willnot spin unless the wand is reclined.
Slide the selector switch to the appropriate surfacesetting:Thick Carpet & Area Rug Cleaning: Set Floor Selector to Carpet and slide Suction Controltoward Min to reduce suction. Carpet & Low Pile Cleaning: Set Floor Selector toCarpet and slide Suction Control toward Max to increase suction. Hard Floor Cleaning: Set Floor Selector to Hard Floor and slide Suction Control toward Max to increase suction.
BRUSHROLL INDICATOR LIGHT
WHAT DOES THE BRUSHROLL INDICATOR LIGHT MEAN?Solid Green: The brushrolls are spinning and working as they should.Solid Red: There is a jam in the brushroll area. Turn your vacuum off and remove any blockages in the nozzle.Flashing Red*: The motorized floor nozzle is overheating. Turn your vacuum off and wait a minimum of 45 minutes for it to cool down.* See Troubleshooting section for further instructions.
To engage brushrolls, turn on power, then place foot on floor nozzle and tilt handle back.
Press the Lift-Away button to detach the pod from the floor nozzle.
Press the Handle button to detach the handle from the wand.
With pod removed, press the Handle button to detach the handle from the wand.
Press the Wand Release button to detach the wand from the pod
With pod removed, press the Wand Release button to detach the wand from the floor nozzle.
NOTE: All accessories are compatible with both the wand and the handle.
EMPTYING THE DUST CUP
IMPORTANT: Unplug the power cord before performing any maintenance.
Pull up on Dust Cup Release Latch on the handle and lift dust cup off pod.
Hold dust cup over a trash bin and press the empty-release latch on the bottom to empty dust and debris into trash.
Press Top Empty Release Latch to access dust screen and remove built-up debris as necessary.
To reinstall, place bottom of dust cup into pod andthen tilt until it clicks into place.
CLEANING AND REPLACING THE FILTERS
Regularly clean and replace the filters to keep your vacuum’s suction power optimal.To clean filters, rinse with cold water ONLY to prevent damage from cleaning chemicals. Allowall filters to air-dry for at least 24 hours before reinstalling them to prevent liquid from beingdrawn into electric parts.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT use soap when cleaning the filters.
Pre-Motor (foam and felt):With the dust cup removed, take out the foam and felt filters and rinse them withwater only. Allow filter to air-dry completely before reinstalling. Tap loose dirt off filtersbetween washes as needed.
CLEAN PRE-MOTOR FILTERS EVERY3 MONTHS.
Post-Motor (HEPA):To access the HEPA Filter, pull the latch under the filter cover and take off the cover.Remove the HEPA filter and rinse it with water only. Allow filter to air-dry completelybefore reinstalling.
CLEAN HEPA FILTER EVERY YEAR.
The pre-motor filters should be replaced every 2.5 years. The post-motor HEPA filter should be replaced every 3 years.
Replacement ReplacementPre-Motor Foam & HEPA FilterFelt Filter Kit XHF680XFFK632NOTE: To order replacement parts and filters, visit sharkaccessories.com.
MAINTAINING THE SELF-CLEANING BRUSHROLL
SELF-CLEANING BRUSHROLLThe self-cleaning brushroll automatically removes hair wrap. If some hair or debris remains aftercontinued use, remove the cover on the bottom of the floor nozzle to access the brushroll.
Using a coin, turn locks counterclockwise, then open the cover to access Brushroll.NOTE: Cover will open but is not completely removable
DEBRIS WRAPPED AROUND BRUSHROLL
Clean off any debris on the bristles.
NOTE: If any hair is wrapped around the brushroll, extending cleaning time will allow the self-cleaning brushroll to remove it for you. If some fibers remain wrapped around brushroll after continued use, carefully cut debris with scissors and remove from brushroll.
DEBRIS BEHIND BRUSHROLL
If you vacuum up a hard or sharp object or notice a noise change while vacuuming, checkfor blockages or objects caught in the brushroll. Clear away any dust, dirt, or blockages inDebris Intake. To close the cover, push down until it clicks into place, then close the locks with a coin.
CHECKING FOR BLOCKAGES
Detach hose from vacuum pod, and check hose and opening on back of pod for blockages
Detach wand from floor nozzle and handle, and check both ends for blockages
Detach wand from floor nozzle, tilt nozzle neck back, and check opening for blockages
Detach handle from wand and hose from the vacuum pod, and check openings for blockages.
Detach dust cup from vacuum pod. Empty dust cup, remove debris from lint screen, and check forblockages.
A 8″ Crevice Tool BThis slim tool is great for cleaning in tight spaces, between couch cushions, and inhard-to-reach areas.
B Upholstery ToolPerfect for large-particle pickup, dusting,and removing stubborn pet hair and lint fromfurniture and other upholstered surfaces.
C Dusting BrushThis brush dusts and cleans delicatesurfaces. Great for use on fans, blinds,lampshades, and keyboards.
D Duster Crevice ToolTwo cleaning tools in one: the crevice toolgives you extended reach to clean in tightspaces, while the soft brush is ideal fordusting delicate surfaces.
E Pet Multi-ToolA single convertible tool for cleaning toughpet messes two ways: use the stiff bristlebrush to clean stuck-on debris, or take offthe bristles to reveal an upholstery toolperfect for removing stubborn pet hair andlarge piles of debris.
F Self-Cleaning Pet Power BrushTackles pet hair and ground-in dirt fromabove-floor areas like carpeted stairs andupholstery, while actively removing hairwrap as it cleans.
G Dust-Away® Hard Floor AttachmentDurable enough for cleaning big crumbsand debris but gentle enough for delicatedusting on hardwood and tile floors.
H Canister CaddyTransforms your Rotator® into a canistervacuum, giving you the freedom to roll thepod along while keeping cleaning toolsclose by.NOTE: Not all accessories come with all units. Please see the enclosed Quick Start Guide for your unit’sconfiguration. To order additional accessories, visit sharkaccessories.com.
Vacuum is not picking up debris. No suction or light suction.
- Check filters to see if they need cleaning. Follow instructions for rinsing and air-drying thefilters before reinserting in the vacuum.
- Dust cup may be full; empty dust cup.
- Check hose, hose connections, nozzle, wand, pod, and accessories for blockages. Clear anyblockages found. Refer to Checking for Blockages section for more information.
- If any hair, string, or carpet fibers are wrapped around the brushroll, extend cleaning time toallow the self-cleaning brushroll to remove them.– If some hair or fibers remain wrapped around brushroll after continued use, remove thefloor nozzle cover and carefully cut debris with scissors and remove from brushroll. Referto Maintaining the Self-Cleaning Brushroll section for more information
Vacuum lifts area rugs.
- Make sure selector switch is set to Hard Floor.
- Suction is powerful. Take care when vacuuming area rugs or rugs with delicately sewnedges.
- To minimize suction, slide Suction Control to Min.Brushroll does not spin.
- If the Brushroll Indicator Light turns red, immediately turn off and unplug the vacuum.Remove pod from floor nozzle. Clear any blockages or debris from the brushroll andnozzle. (See Checking for Blockages & Maintaining Brushroll.) Close the brushroll cover andreconnect the pod to the floor nozzle. Plug in the vacuum and turn on the power.
- With the power on, recline the handle, which will automatically turn on the brushroll.
Vacuum turns off on its own.If your vacuum overheats, the thermostat will automatically turn the suction motor off. Performthe following steps to restart the thermostat:
- Turn vacuum off and unplug it.
- Empty dust cup and clean filters. Refer to the Emptying the Dust Cup and Cleaning andReplacing the Filters sections for more information.
- Check for blockages in hose, accessories, and inlet openings.
- Allow unit to cool for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Plug in the vacuum and turn on the power.
Indicator light flashes red.
- Turn vacuum off and unplug it.
- Detach the nozzle from the wand and pod.
- Access the brushroll by using a coin to open the three locks on the bottom of the nozzle.
- Clear any blockages or debris from the brushroll and floor nozzle.
- Allow unit to cool for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Reassemble the unit. Plug in vacuum and turn it on.
FIVE (5) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The Five (5) Year Limited Warranty applies to purchases made from authorized retailers of SharkNinjaOperating LLC. Warranty coverage applies to the original owner and to the original product only and isnot transferable.SharkNinja warrants that the unit shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a periodof five (5) years from the date of purchase when it is used under normal household conditions andmaintained according to the requirements outlined in the Owner’s Guide, subject to the followingconditions and exclusions:
What is covered by this warranty?
- The original unit and/or non-wearable components deemed defective, in SharkNinja’s sole discretion,will be repaired or replaced up to five (5) years from the original purchase date.
- In the event a replacement unit is issued, the warranty coverage ends six (6) months following thereceipt date of the replacement unit or the remainder of the existing warranty, whichever is later.SharkNinja reserves the right to replace the unit with one of equal or greater value.
What is not covered by this warranty?
- Normal wear and tear of wearable parts (such as foam filters, HEPA filters, pads, etc.), which requireregular maintenance and/or replacement to ensure the proper functioning of your unit, are not coveredby this warranty. Replacement parts are available for purchase at sharkaccessories.com.
- Any unit that has been tampered with or used for commercial purposes.
- Damage caused by misuse (e.g., vacuuming up water or other liquids), abuse, negligent handling,failure to perform required maintenance (e.g., not cleaning the filters), or damage due to mishandlingin transit.
- Consequential and incidental damages.
- Defects caused by repair persons not authorized by SharkNinja. These defects include damages causedin the process of shipping, altering, or repairing the SharkNinja product (or any of its parts) when therepair is performed by a repair person not authorized by SharkNinja.
- Products purchased, used, or operated outside North America.
How to get serviceIf your appliance fails to operate properly while in use under normal household conditions within the warrantyperiod, visit sharkclean.com/support for product care and maintenance self-help. Our Customer ServiceSpecialists are also available at 1-800-798-7398 to assist with product support and warranty service options,including the possibility of upgrading to our VIP warranty service options for select product categories.SharkNinja will cover the cost for the customer to send in the unit to us for repair or replacement. A fee of$24.95 (subject to change) will be charged when SharkNinja ships the repaired or replacement unit.
How to initiate a warranty claimYou must call 1-800-798-7398 to initiate a warranty claim. You will need the receipt as proof of purchase.A Customer Service Specialist will provide you with return and packing instruction information.
How state law appliesThis warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state tostate. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, sothe above may not apply to you.
REGISTER YOUR PURCHASE
Scan QR code usingmobile device
Benefits of registering your product andcreating an account:• Get easier, faster product support andaccess to warranty information• Access troubleshooting and product careinstructions• Be among the first to know aboutexclusive product promotions
TIP: You can find the model and serialnumbers on the QR code label on thebottom of the back of the vacuum pod.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.This Owner’s Guide is designed to help you get a complete understanding of your newShark® Rotator® Powered Lift-Away® Speed with Self-Cleaning Brushroll.SharkNinja Operating LLCUS: Needham, MA 02494CAN: Ville St-Laurent, QC H4S 1A71-800-798-7398sharkclean.comIllustrations may differ from actual product. We are constantly striving to improve our products;therefore the specifications contained herein are subject to change without notice.For Shark Ninja U.S. Patent information, visit sharkninja.com/uspatents
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Brushroll User Manual – Shark ZU620 Series Rotator Powered Lift-Away Speed Upright Vacuum with Self-Cleaning Brushroll User Manual –