SHOWVEN Sonic Boom Smokejet User Manual
Thanks for choosing SHOWVEN SONICBOOMTM SMOKEJET.Please read following manual carefully and completely before operating this product. Operateaccording to instructions is very important for safety, and can elongate the service life of themachine.
- Since the introduction of SMOKEJET, it is used in more and more shows to generate smoke column effect instead of cumbersome CO2 jet.
- In order to solve the problem of lack of explosive force of present smokejet on market, SHOWVEN adopting pipeline integration technology on SONICBOOM, ensure stronger smoke burst.
- Unique constant pressure system, guarantee consistent smoke effect.
- Independent smoke column color change
- Patented pipeline integration technology, ensure 0.3s instant smoke burst
- Automatic constant pressure design, highly consistent smoke effect
- 220V version SONICBOOM Support 1500W half power mode, easier main power supply.
- Over temp. alarm, no fuel alarm, over voltage alarm etc. multi safety status monitoring. Safer for use, easier for maintenance.
- Support manual operation on machine control panel
- DMX control, 11 channels and 1 channel optional
- Only use SHOWVEN original FX-S fog fluid, other fluid may lead to clog or malfunction.
- FX-S is quick dissipating fog fluid, the smoke dissipate in seconds, it is perfect choice for creating instant smoke column.
- Unauthorized repair are prohibited, it may cause serious incident.
- This product is not waterproof design, please keep it dry, please do not use it when there are fog fluid leakage or wet from rain.
- Make sure power supply in consistent with the rated voltage of the equipment, and the socket must well grounded. Unplug and turn off the machine when not use.
- For adult use only, keep it away from fire, inflammable and explosive articles.
- Installed in well ventilated area, ensure at least 50cm space around the machine, cover of thenozzle is forbidden.
- If the machine fails to work, please stop operation and unplug the machine. Check fog fluid, fuse, power connection etc. carefully, if can’t solve the problem, please contact SHOWVEN or your local SHOWVEN partner for advise.
- Only use SHOWVEN original FX-S fog fluid, other fluid may lead to clog or malfunction.Please do not adding any other material such as pigment, water etc to the fuel bottle.
- To avoid fluid spill, make sure fog fluid not exceed related MAXIMUM fluid level line. When install SONICBOOM in invert direction, the fuel bottle should installed upward
- In case of eye contact of fog fluid, please wash it with clean water. If fluid is swallowed immediately look for medical advice.
“MENU”: switch through setup menu“+”: Parameter up; multiplex “TIMER” (smoke output time)“-”: Parameters down; multiplex “VOLUME” (smoke output start)“ENTER”: confirm and save parameters (screen will blink once when save successfully); multiplex“STOP”.
NOTE: Screen will switch to main interface automatically if not press any button in long time.
a) Main Interface
First Line: DMX address, “:” blinks when there is DMX signal.Second Line: shows machine core temperature T and pressure P. The machine ready for operate only when both temperature and pressure value close to 100%.
Example of “TIMER” setting function in the menu:
- “set interval 10s”
- “set duration 2s”SONICBOOM will repeat: firing 2s, interval of 10s, firing 2s, interval 10s…Press “VOLUME” button under main interface, SONICBOOM activated and start to generate smoke, and press “STOP” to stop the machine.
b) Setting Menu
Press “MENU” switch through setup menu.
LED color setting:
c) Advanced Interface
Press “MENU” for 3s, enter advanced setting interface
11 DMX channels for SONICBOOM.
NOTE: Manual function disabled when DMX connected.
E1 Pressure error explanation
In order to protect pump, SONICBOOM will running self check program to find out whether there are fog fluid in the fuel pipe.
- E1 pressure error activationWhen there is no fog fluid in the fuel tank, system can not reach preset pressure even turn on for a long time. The pump will stop working, and report E1.
- Way to clear E1 error① Fill the fog fluid tank, then restart the machine.② Press “VOLUME” to reset.③ DMX Channel 1, start a firing.
For upside-down installation, please remove the bottom panel of fluid tank, and installed to the other side (top panel), the fluid tank should installed upward as below picture. For safety, hanging installation should install safety rope.
- Use SHOWVEN original fog fluid for the best effect of SONICBOOM. Warranty will be void if any other type fluid is used.
- Don’t disassemble the machine by unauthorized person, modifications to the machine are not allowed.
- Excessive dust, liquid or dirt etc on the equipment will affect performance of the machine and cause poor heat dissipation. Remove dust with air compressor, vacuum or soft brush. Use a damp cloth to clean the case.
- Before storing the machine, run distilled water through the system to help avoid condensing the pump or heater.
- To keep the best status and performance of machine, it is recommended to running the machine at least once per month.
- After continuous use of 40h (or 1-2month), please use 35% vinegar with 65% distilled water to wash the pump and pipe system by running the machine 10-15 times.
Possible reason for the block of atomizer
For healthy and best status of machine, please do use SHOWVEN original fog fluid.
- Fluid spill: heat can’t effectively transmit to fog fluid, leads to insufficient atomization of the fog fluid in the heating pipe. Possible Reason 1: Use other type of low quality fog fluid instead of SHOWVEN original fog fluid. Possible Reason 2: Use inappropriate fog fluid. For different types of fog fluid, the atomization temperature is different.
- Heating aluminum pipe clog: early symptom for heating aluminum pipe clog is fog fluid spill caused by insufficient atomization. Use other brand fluid or not make regular maintenance for a long time will definitely leads to pipe clog.
- Solution for above problem: Use SHOWVEN original fog fluid. Make regular maintenance (every 1-2month). Use 35% vinegar with 65% distilled water to wash the pump and pipe system by running the machine 10-15 times.
- Sincere thanks for your choosing SONICBOOMTM SMOKEJET, you will receive quality service from us.
- The product warranty period is one year. If there are any quality problems within 7 days after ship ping out from our factory, we can exchange a brand new same model machine for you.
- We will offer free of charge maintenance service for machines which with hardware malfunction (except for the instrument damage caused by human factors)in warranty period. Please don’t repair machine without factory permission.
Below situations NOT included in warranty service:
- Damage caused by improper transportation, usage, management, and maintenance, or damage caused by human factors;
- Disassemble, modify or repair products without Showven’s permission;
- Damage caused by external reasons (lightning strike, power supply etc);
- Damage caused by improper installation or use;
For product damage not included in warranty range, we can provide paid service.
Invoice and warranty card are necessary when applying for maintenance service from SHOWVEN.
Showven Technologies Co., LtdAdd: Building B1, Changsha E-center No.18, Xiangtai Road, Economic & TechnologyDevelopment Zone, Hunan, ChinaTel: +86-731-83833068Web: www.showven.cnE-mail: