SILVA 37808 Trail Runner Free H Headlamp
Trail Runner Free is equipped with Intelligent Light, which is a light distribution technology that combines a wide-angle flood light with a long reach spotlight. This unique light distribution, customized for running, gives the user peripheral and long-distance vision at the same time. For a runner – this results in less head movement, increased control, better balance and more speed.
The Trail Runner Free H packaging consists of the following parts:
- Headlamp unit
- Free Technology™ headband
- Hybrid battery case with built in visibility light
- Textile extension cord
- Rechargeable Hybrid battery (1.15 Ah)
- USB charge cable
- Quick guide
ADJUST THE HEADBAND
The elastic headband with anti-slip silicone on the inside is designed to give a comfortable fit and to stay in place at speed activities such as running. Adjust the headband by moving the 2 sliding buckles on each side to fit comfortably on your head.
You can charge the battery either by keeping it inside the Hybrid battery case or taking it out of the Hybrid battery case.
- A Micro-B connector is located on the front of the Hybrid battery pack. Attach the included USB charge cable to this Micro-B connector.
- Connect the USB connection to a wall outlet, computer or other standard USB connection.
- Next to the Micro-B connector is a charge indication LED, showing the charging status:
- Red light = battery is charging
- Green light = battery is fully charged
Charge time is approximately 2.5 hours.Note! When battery is fully charged the battery automatically switches to maintenance charge. However, never leave a battery unattended while charging.
INSERT THE BATTERIES
Open the hybrid battery case and insert the Hybrid battery (included).As an option, you can use three AAA batteries in the Hybrid battery case. Either Alkaline, NiMH or Lithium batteries can be used. Please note the battery polarity.Do not mix different brands of batteries. Do not mix batteries with different levels of dis-charge. If you don’t intend to use the headlamp for a longer period, make sure you remove the batteries from the battery case before storing.
CONNECTION TO HEADBAND
Connect the Hybrid battery case to the buckle on the headband located on the left side. Included is also a textile extension cord that can be connected in between the headband buckle and the battery case if you want to carry your Hybrid battery case in a your backpack, pocket or similar.
SWITCH ON YOUR HEADLAMP
On the side of the headlamp body there is a push button which controls all light modes.Each press on the button gives you the following light:
- Turns the headlamp ON in maximum brightness mode
- Switches to medium brightness mode
- Switches to minimum brightness mode
- Starts over from 1
The flash mode, which is used to attract attention, is started from OFF mode by pressing and holding the button for more than 1 second.To turn OFF; press and hold the button for more than 1 second.
MAX MODE INDICATION:Trail Runner Free is equipped with a visual indication when you toggle from minimum bright-ness mode to maximum brightness mode. This is visible with a quick flash and is helpful to prevent unnecessary button presses.
REAR SAFETY LIGHT
Built into the Hybrid battery case is a rear red light for extra visibility and safety. To turn this light ON, open the Hybrid battery case and slide the switch (located on the lower left side inside the case) to desired position (flashing red or red).
BATTERY STATUS INDICATION
When the headlamp is turned OFF a small LED is visible through the front lens of the head-lamp to indicate the status of the batteries. This indication will be on for 5 seconds.
- Green – Battery in good condition
- Red – Battery in poor condition
To make sure you get maximum performance from your headlamp, clean the lamp unit regu-larly with a damp cloth.
ABOUT LI-ION (LI-PO) BATTERIES
- The battery should be stored in a dry environment within the temperature range of -20°C – +35°C.
- If you would like to store and not use your battery for a longer period (more than 30 days) the battery should be 50%charged.
- Li-Ion batteries have a discharge rate of approx. 20% over a 30 day period (if fully charged and stored in +25°C).
- Do not expose the battery for extreme temperatures which may cause fire or explosion.
- Do not disassemble or mistreat the battery due to risk for chemical burn.
- Keep away from children.
- Do not submerge the batteries in water.
- Do not short circuit the contacts.
- Replace only with Silva battery.
Note! Always make sure to disconnect the battery when the headlamp is not used.
- Weight: (headlamp including headband): 55 grams
- Weight battery: 53 grams
- Battery type included: 1 x LiPo 1150 mAh 3.7V
- Charging time: 2 h 30 min
- Light distance (Max/Med/Min): 80 m/50 m/20 m
- Lumen (Max/Med/Min): 400/200/50 lm
- Burn time +20 ºC (Max/Med/Min): 2.5 h/5 h/12 h
- Burn time -5 ºC (Max/Med/Min): 1.5 h/3 h/7 h
- Water resistance: IPX5
- Operative temperature range: -20ºC – +60ºC
PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT
Headlamp and battery should be recycled and must not be thrown in the regular trash. Dis-pose these items in accordance with applicable local regulations.
Silva warrants that, for a period of two (2) years*, your Silva product will be substantially free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. Silva’s liability under this war-ranty is limited to repairing or replacing the product. This limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser.If the Product proves defective during the warranty period please contact the original point of purchase. Make sure to have your proof of purchase on hand when returning the product. Returns cannot be processed without the original proof of purchase. This warranty does not apply if the product has been altered, not been installed, operated, repaired, or maintained in accordance with instructions supplied by Silva, or has been subjected to abnormal physical or electrical stress, misuse, negligence or accident. Neither does the warranty cover normal wear and tear. Silva is not responsible for any consequences, direct or indirect, or damage resultant from use of this product. In no event will Silva’s liability exceed the amount paid by you for the product. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty is valid and may be processed only in the country of purchase.* Batteries: one (1) yearFor more information please visit www.silva.se