SILVA 37874 Trail Speed 4R 1200lm Headlamp
The Trail Speed 4R packaging contains the following parts:
- Lamp unit
- Extension cord with helmet strap
- Cable guide (side)
- Cable guide (rear)
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- USB charging cable
- Quick guide
- Storage bag
The battery needs to be charged before first use.
- Located on the side of the battery pack is a Micro-B connector.Attach the included USB charge cable to this Micro-B connector.
- Connect the USB connection to a wall outlet, computer or other standard USB connection.
- Beneath the Micro-B connector there are 4 charge indication LEDs.
- During charge the LEDs shows its progress with one or more red lights.
- When fully charged all LEDs turns green.
Charge time is approximately 3 hours.
Note! When battery is fully charged the battery automatically switches to maintenance charge. However, never leave a battery unattended while charging
Trail Speed 4R is compatible with all Silva batteries with the same connector as on Trail Speed 4R battery. Note that the battery indication may not be accurate with other Silva batteries.
ADJUST THE HEADBAND
The head set is ergonomically shaped to give comfortable fit. Use the 2 buckle adjustments to fit it perfectly to your head. Attach the headlamp in the head bracket by sliding the head-lamp foot into the snap-in socket.To remove, slide the headlamp up and out of the bracket.
FLEXIBLE BATTERY CARRYING
The battery pack can be carried in multiple ways; for example on the headband, in a pocket backpack, on the waist using the extension cable and cable guide back, or mounted on the bike frame by using the integrated Velcro strap.To get as much power as possible out from your battery, keep it away from low temperatures during use.
SILVA INTELLIGENT LIGHT® AND FLOW LIGHT
SILVA Intelligent Light® optimizes the light pattern by the unique combination of a long reach spot light and a close flood light. With less head movements and a clear view of near as well as far obstacles, you gain the balance and confidence it takes to move fast and perform better. Our ingenious SILVA Flow Light takes the optimization even further by providing seamless tuning of the light pattern for your favourite sport. Simply tilting the light down-wards makes the beams wider to brighten up slower activities. When tilting the headlamp upwards, the light reaches longer to provide perfect vision when you move fast.
SWITCH ON YOUR HEADLAMP
A push button is located on the left side of the headlamp body. This button controls all light modes.
- To start the headlamp with Flow Light activated press push button with a short press.
- To start the headlamp with Flow Light deactivated press and hold push button for 1 second
- To cycle between the different modes use short presses.
- To turn the headlamp off press and hold button for 1 second
DEACTIVATED FLOW LIGHT
Flow Light deactivated means that the Light image will remain unchanged even if the headlamp is tilted up or down. This might be useful when the lamp is mounted on a helmet or a bike handle bar.
Note that the headlamp body temperature will increase during use. The headlamp temperature is depending on light mode, ambient air temperature and the airflow (speed). Trail Speed 4R is equipped with a temperature control unit that prevents the headlamp body from overheating by reducing the power to the LEDs. This means that the lower the ambient temperature, the stronger the light output.Note! Always make sure to disconnect the battery when the headlamp is stored in a closed compartment such as in a bag, pocket or similar.
BATTERY STATUS INDICATION (2.0. AH BATTERY)
When battery is connected to the headlamp and turned ON, current charge status is visible for 30 seconds on the battery pack.If you want to check battery status during use, the headlamp needs to be turned OFF and then back ON.
LOW BATTERY WARNING
During operation of the headlamp there will be a low battery warning when 10% of the bat-tery energy remains. This is done by flashing both LEDs for 1 second and repeated again after 5 seconds.
During operation, the lamp will go into reserve mode when there is 10% power left of the bat-tery. All LEDs will flash once before the lamp goes into this mode.Reserve mode can be overridden by pressing the button.Warning: If you have pressed the button when headlamp is in reserve mode no more low bat-tery warnings will appear before the headlamp turns OFF.
To make sure you get maximum performance from your headlamp, clean it regularly with a damp cloth. Headband cleaning – rinse in warm water.
- Weight headlamp including headset: 86g
- Battery weight: 85g
- Battery type: Li-ion 7.4V, 2.0Ah
- Light distance Max/Med/Min: 160m/70m/40m
- Lumen Max/Med/Min: 1200/450/80
- Burn time 20˚C Max/Med/Min: 3h/6h/10h
- Burn time -5˚C Max/Med/Min: 1h 15min/3h/10h
- Reserve mode: 0.5h
- Charging time: 3h
- Water resistance: IPX5
- Operative temperature range: -20 – +60º
ABOUT LI-ION BATTERIES
- The battery should be stored in a dry environment within the temperature range of -20°C and +35°C.
- If you would like to store your battery for a longer period (more than 30 days) the battery should not be fully charged. This may cause loss of its characteristics.
- Li-ion batteries have a discharge rate of approx. 20% over a 30-day period. You can always charge a half full battery without damaging its characteristics.
- Do not expose the battery for extreme temperatures which may cause fire or explosion.
- Do not disassemble or mistreat the battery; risk for chemical burn.
- Keep away from children.
- Do not dispose of batteries in fire. This may cause an explosion.
- Do not submerge the batteries in water.
- Do not short circuit the contacts.
- Replace only with Silva batteries with the same connector as on Trail Speed 4R battery.
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
Headlamp, batteries and packaging are recyclable. Please dispose these items at designated recycling stations.
Silva warrants that, for a period of two (2) years*, your Silva product will be substantially free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. Silva’s liability under this warranty is limited to repairing or replacing the product. This limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser.If the Product proves defective during the warranty period please contact the original point of purchase. Make sure to have your proof of purchase on hand when returning the product. Returns cannot be processed without the original proof of purchase. This warranty does not apply if the product has been altered, not been installed, operated, repaired, or maintained in accordance with instructions supplied by Silva, or has been subjected to abnormal physical or electrical stress, misuse, negligence or accident. Neither does the warranty cover normal wear and tear. Silva is not responsible for any consequences, direct or indirect, or damage resultant from use of this product. In no event will Silva’s liability exceed the amount paid by you for the product. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty is valid and may be processed only in the country of purchase.* Batteries: one (1) yearFor more information please visit www.silva.se