Instruction for Skywatcher Wi-Fi Ready Alt-Az Mounts
Many Skywatcher telescope alt-az mounts now come with built-in Wi-Fi. Users can control the telescope mount wirelessly without the SynScan hand controller.
- SynScan app / SynScan Pro appDownload SynScan App or SynScan Pro app from App Store or Google Play to their mobile devices and then use the app to control the mount for astronomical observing. Entry-level users are recommended to start with the SynScan app, the SynScan Pro app is for experienced users. Please refer to the inline help of the SynScan app (menu “UtilityHelp”) for instruction on using these apps to control the telescope mount; or, download the instruction manual here:http://www.skywatcher.com/download/manual/synscan-hand-control-and-synscan-app/
- SynScan Pro app for Windows, Mac or LinuxOnce available, SynScan Pro app for these operation systems can be downloaded from:http://www.skywatcher.com/download/software/synscan-app/
- SynScan PhotoThis mobile app can control a Skywatcher motorized mount with built-in Wi-Fi for photography.
- ASCOM DriverASCOM telescope driver for the SynScan app can be downloaded here: http://www.skywatcher.com/download/software/ascom-driver/
- Third-Party Mobile AppsThe following mobile planetarium apps support the SynScan app.
- Luminos on iOS device only.
- Skysafari on Android and iOS devices.
- Stellarium Plus on Android only.
- The Wi-Fi will be turned off automatically to conserve energy if no connection is established within 15 minutes after being turned on.
- By default, the SSID of the built-in Wi-Fi is “SynScan_xxxx” with no password.
- Reset Wi-Fi configuration to factory default by turning on the power without the SynScan hand control connected and no app operations via the Wi-Fi connection for 1 hour.
Tracking Satellites and Space Stations
- Motor controller firmware version 3.22 and above supports tracking satellites with an Alt-Az mount.
- User can download free satellite tracking application for Windows from: http://www.skywatcher.com/download/software/synscan-app/
- Third-party apps that support tracking satellites:i. Luminos on iOS devices.
NOTICEDue to technical difficulties, we might not be able to release new updates of our apps on Google Play until the middle of 2022. If you plan to use an Android device to control our products, please use the following links to obtain the latest version of the apps. It is essential for customers who use Android 11 devices.
- SynScan app: https://synscan.en.aptoide.com
- SynScan Pro app: https://synscan-pro.en.aptoide.comWe also release the latest updates on our official website: https://www.skywatcher.com/download/software/