SONY CFI-ZCT1W PS5 DualSense Wireless Controller Instruction Manual
Radio wavesRadio waves may affect electronic equipment or medical devices (for example, pacemakers), which may cause malfunctions and possible injuries. If you use a pacemaker or other medical device, consult your doctor or themanufacturer of your medical device before using the wireless networking feature (Bluetooth® and wireless LAN).ˎ Do not use the wireless networking feature in the following locations:– Areas where wireless network use is prohibited, such as hospitals. Abide by medical institution regulations when using the console on their premises.– Areas near fire alarms, automatic doors, and other types of automatic equipment.
Magnets and medical devices
This product has magnets which may interfere with pacemakers, defibrillators and programmable shunt valves or other medical devices. Do not place this product close to such medical devices or persons who use such medical devices. Consult your doctor before using this product if you use such medical devices.
Before using this product, carefully read this manual and retain it for future reference. Parents and guardians of children should read this manual and make sure that children follow all safety precautions
This product has been designed with the highest concern for safety. However, any electrical device, if used improperly, has the potential for causing fire, electrical shock or personal injury. To help ensure accident-free operation, follow these guidelines:
- Observe all warnings, precautions, and instructions.
- Stop use and disconnect any other cables immediately if the device functions in an abnormal manner, produces unusual sounds or smells or becomes too hot to touch.
- Do not handle damaged or leaking lithium-ion batteries.
- If you come into contact with material from a leaking battery, take the following actions:–If the material gets into the eyes, do not rub. Immediately flush the eyes with clean water and seek medical attention.–If the material comes into contact with the skin or clothes, immediately rinse the affected area with clean water. Consult your doctor if inflammation or soreness develops.
- Do not allow the battery to come into contact with fire or subject it to extreme temperatures such as in direct sunlight, in a vehicle exposed to the sun or near a heat source.
- Keep this product out of the reach of small children. Small children may swallow small parts or may wrap the cables around themselves, which may inflict injury or cause an accident or a malfunction.
- Avoid playing when you are tired or need sleep.
- If you experience any of the following health problems, discontinue use of the product immediately. If symptoms persist, consult with your doctor.–Dizziness, nausea, fatigue or symptoms similar to motion sickness.–Discomfort or pain in a part of the body, such as eyes, ears, hands or arms.
- Do not touch the product during an electrical storm.
- Do not use the product near water.
- Do not allow liquid, small particles or other foreign objects to get into the product.
- Do not expose the product to high temperatures, high humidity or direct sunlight during operation, transportation and storage.
- Do not leave the product in a car with the windows closed, particularly in hot weather.
- Do not place the product on the floor or in a place where they may cause someone to trip or stumble.
- Permanent hearing loss may occur if the headsets or headphones are used at high volume. Set the volume to a safe level. Over time, increasingly loud audio may startto sound normal but can actually be damaging your hearing. If you experience ringingor any discomfort in your ears or muffled speech, stop listening and have your hearing checked. The louder the volume, the sooner your hearing could be affected. To protect your hearing:– Limit the amount of time you use headsets or headphones at high volume.– Avoid raising the volume to block out noisy surroundings.– Lower the volume if you can’t hear people speaking near you.
- ˎWhen using headsets or headphones in particularly dry air conditions, you may sometimes experience a small and quick (static) shock on your ears. This is a result of static electricity accumulated in the body, and is not a malfunction of your headsets or headphones.
- Stop using the product immediately if you begin to feel tired or if you experience discomfort or pain in your hands or arms during use. If the condition persists, consult a doctor.
- Do not use the vibration or trigger effect features if you have any ailment or injury to the bones, joints, or muscles of your hands or arms. If you have an ailment or an injury, do not play titles with these features using the controller unless you have set those functions to “Off”. To enable or disable the features, select Settings > Accessories from the home screen of your PlayStation®5 console.
- Avoid prolonged use of this product. Take a break at about 30 minute intervals.
- If the wireless controller is sitting on a flat surface, the vibration of the wireless controller during gameplay may cause it to fall, leading to injury or malfunction.
- Do not place the product on surfaces that are unstable, tilted or subject to vibration.
- Avoid looking into the light bar of the controller when it is flashing. Stop using the controller immediately if you experience any discomfort or pain in any body parts.
- Do not stand on or put objects on the product.
- Do not throw or drop the product or subject it to strong physical shock.
- Never disassemble or modify the product.
- Do not touch the ports or insert any foreign objects into the product.
- Do not allow the product to come into contact with liquids.
- If you see dust or foreign objects on the connectors, wipe them with a dry cloth before connecting.
- Do not touch the product with wet hands.
- When using the motion sensor function, be cautious of the following points. If the controller hits a person or object, this may cause an accident, injury or damage.–Before using the motion sensor function, make sure you have enough space to move around.– Firmly grip the wireless controller to prevent it from slipping out of your grasp and causing damage or injury.– If using a controller that is connected to the PS5™ console with a USB cable, make sure that the cable will not hit a person or object. Also take care to avoid pulling out the cable from the PS5 console.
Follow the instructions below to help prevent the product exterior from deteriorating or becoming discolored.
- Wipe with a soft, dry cloth.
- Do not apply insecticides or other volatile substances.
- Do not place any rubber or vinyl materials on the product exterior for an extended period of time.
- Do not use solvents or other chemicals. Do not wipe with a chemically-treated cleaning cloth.
Battery life and duration
- The battery has a limited lifespan. Battery duration will gradually decrease with repeated usage and age. Battery life also varies depending on the storage method, conditions of use and environmental factors.
- Charge in an environment where the temperature range is between 50 °F and 86 °F (10 °C and 30 °C). Charging may not be as effective when performed in other environments.
When not in use
When the wireless controller is not used for an extended period of time, it is recommended that you fully charge it at least once a year to help maintain battery functionality.
FCC and ISED Canada Notice
This equipment complies with FCC and ISED Canada radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment and meets the FCC radio frequency (RF) Exposure Guidelines and RSS-102 of the ISED Canada radio frequency (RF) Exposure rules. This equipment has very low levels of RF energy that are deemed to comply without testing of specific absorption rate (SAR).This transmitter must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules.These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interferencein a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radiofrequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions,may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by oneor more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.You are cautioned that any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.For assistance with this product, visit playstation.com/help. The phone number in the supplier’s declaration of conformity is only for FCC electrical interference inquiries.
Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
Trade Name : SONYModel No. : CFI-ZCT1WResponsible Party : Sony Electronics Inc.Address : 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127 U.S.A.Telephone No. : 858-942-2230 (Only for FCC electrical interference inquiries)This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s licence-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
End of life product recycling
This product is made of plastics, metals, and a lithium-ion battery. Follow local regulations when disposing of the product. Sony products can be recycled for free in the United States and Canada by dropping the product off at a number of nationwide locations. For details, visit www.sony.com/ecotrade.
Hardware part names
A ) Directional buttonsB ) . (create) buttonC ) Light barD ) Touch pad/touch pad buttonE ) Player indicatorF ) , (options) buttonG ) Action buttonsH button/ J button/ K button/ L buttonH ) Right stick/R3 buttonI ) SpeakerJ ) p (PS) buttonK ) Headset jackL ) MicrophoneM ) / (MUTE) buttonN ) Left stick/L3 button
A ) R1 buttonB ) R2 buttonC ) USB portD ) L1 buttonE ) L2 button
Pair the controller
The first time you use the controller, you’ll need to pair it with your PS5 console.
- Turn on your console.
- Connect the controller to your console using the USB cable included with your console.
- Press the p (PS) button. The controller powers on. After the light bar blinks, the player indicator lights up.
Charge the controller
Use the USB cable included with your console to connect the controller to your PS5 console when your console is turned on or in rest mode. While in rest mode, the light bar on the controller slowly blinks orange. When charging is complete, the light bar turns off.
To charge the controller while your console is in rest mode, you have to first enable this feature. For details, refer to the User’s Guide on your PS5 console.ˎYou can also charge the controller by connecting the USB cable to a computer or other USB device. Use a USB cable that complies with the USB standard. You might not be able to chargethe controller on some devices.
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.Depending on the software version in use, the PS5 console may operate differently than described in this manual.Input power rating5 V ⎓ 1,500 mABattery typeBuilt-in lithium-ion batteryVoltage3.65 V ⎓Battery capacity1,560 mAhOperating temperature41 °F to 95 °F (5 °C to 35 °C)Weight9.9 oz (280 g)
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (“SIE LLC”) warrants to the original purchaser that this product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. This warranty does not apply to any consumables (such as batteries). For defects in material or workmanship within the warranty period, upon showing a proof of purchase, SIE LLC agrees for a period of one (1) year to either repair or replace this product with a new or factory recertified product at SIE LLC’s option. For the purpose of this Limited Warranty, “factory recertified” means a product that has been returned to its original specifications. Visit playstation.com/help or call 1-800-345-7669 to receive a return authorization and shipping instructions. As the original purchaser, you will be responsible for inbound shipping costs and any packaging materials required. SIE LLC will then return the repaired or replaced product at no cost to you including return shipping. This warranty shall not be applicable and shall be void if the defect in the SIE LLC product has arisen through abuse, unreasonable use, mistreatment, neglect, or means other than froma defect in materials or workmanship.THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND NO OTHER REPRESENTATIONS OR CLAIMS OF ANY NATURE SHALL BE BINDING ON OR OBLIGATE SIE LLC. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE ONE (1) YEAR PERIOD DESCRIBED ABOVE. IN NO EVENT WILL SIE LLC BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM POSSESSION, USE OR MALFUNCTION OF THE SIE LLC PRODUCT. SOME STATES OR PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS AND SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATIONS OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.This warranty is valid only in the United States and Canada.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF: