MultiGrinder II™Coffee, Herb and Spice Grinder
Sunbeam’s Safety Precautions 1Features of your MultiGrinder II™ 2Handy Hints for Grinding Coffee Beans 4Using your Sunbeam MultiGrinder II™ 5Care and Cleaning 7
Important instructions - retain for future use.
Sunbeam’s Safety Precautions
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR YOUR SUNBEAM MULTIGRINDER II™
- Always place the unit on a flat, level surface.
- Do not remove the cover before the blades have completely stopped moving.
- Do not use the appliance continuously for more than 60 seconds at a time.
- The grinder cannot operate without the lid in position.
- Switch off and unplug at power point before cleaning.
- Do not handle appliance with wet hands.
- Avoid contact with moving parts.
- Do not touch the MultiGrinder II™ blade while it is operating, as it is very sharp. After the appliance has been switched off the blade will continue to rotate a moment longer.
- Do not use the MultiGrinder II™ with hot oil, as there is a risk of burns due to splashing.
- Do not operate the MultiGrinder II™ without a workload.
- Never insert metal or sharp objects into the inside of the grinder bowl.
- Do not attempt to re-grind ground coffee.
- Check the grinding bowl for presence of foreign object before using.
- Always operate the MultiGrinder II™ with the lid correctly attached.
- Do not continue to operate the MultiGrinder II™ if ingredients are caught in the grinding blades.
Sunbeam is very safety conscious when designing and manufacturing consumer products, but it is essential that the product user also exercise care when using an electrical appliance. Listed below are precautions which are essential for the safe use of an electrical appliance:
- Read carefully and save all the instructions provided with an appliance.
- Always turn the power off at the power outlet before you insert or remove a plug. Remove by grasping the plug – do not pull on the cord.
- Turn the power off and remove the plug when the appliance is not in use and before cleaning.
- Do not use your appliance with an extension cord unless this cord has been checked and tested by a qualified technician or service person.
- Always use your appliance from a power outlet of the voltage (A.C. only) marked on the appliance.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do no play with the appliance.
- The temperature of accessible surfaces may be high when the appliance is operating.
- Never leave an appliance unattended while in use.
- Do not use an appliance for any purpose other than its intended use.
- Do not place an appliance on or near a hot gas flame, electric element or on a heated oven.
- Do not place on top of any other appliance.
- Do not let the power cord of an appliance hang over the edge of a table or bench top or touch any hot surface.
- Do not operate any electrical appliance with a damaged cord or after the appliance has been damaged in any manner. If damage is suspected, return the appliance to the nearest Sunbeam Appointed Service Centre for examination, repair or adjustment.
- For additional protection, Sunbeam recommend the use of a residual current device (RCD) with a tripping current not exceeding 30mA in the electrical circuit supplying power to your appliances.
- Do not immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid unless recommended.
- Appliances are not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote control system.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as: staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments; farm houses; by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments; bed and breakfast type environments.
If you have any concerns regarding the performance and use of your appliance, please visit www.sunbeam.com.au or contact the Sunbeam Consumer Service Line.Ensure the above safety precautions are understood.
Features of your MultiGrinder II™
Transparent lidEnables the user to observe the coffee beans, herbs and spices as they are being ground to check to fineness of the grind for perfect results every time.
Stainless steel grinding bowlAs coffee beans, herbs and spices are oily and aromatic, the stainless steel grinding bowl surface ensures minimal transfer of flavours and odours.
One touch operationSimple to use, press the operating button on the front of the grinder to commence grinding and release to stop.
Stainless steel wing-blade systemEffortlessly grinds coffee beans, spices and herbs to powder in seconds.
¾ cup grinding capacityGenerous sized grinding bowl can grind ¾ cup of coffee, herbs or spices.
Stainless steel exterior
165 watt grinding motorHandles a variety of grinding tasks.
Cord storageCord wind facility located in the grinder base for neat and tidy storage.
Handy Hints for Grinding Coffee Beans, Herbs and Spices
Grinding Coffee Beans
- For a good cup of coffee only grind the amount you need for immediate use, as ground coffee quickly loses its flavour and aroma.
- With the Sunbeam MultiGrinder II™ coffee beans can be ground to a very fine grind or a coarse grind. The required coffee grind will be determined by the brewing method used. The different brewing methods include:BREWING METHOD GRINDTurkish coffee Very fine grindElectronic espresso machine Fine grindStovetop espresso or filter Medium grindPlunger or percolator Coarse grind
- Do not leave coffee beans or grounds in the open air, always store them in an airtight container.
Grinding Herbs and Spices
- For very hard herbs and spices, we recommend processing in ¼ cup batches to prevent overloading the grinder.
Using your Sunbeam MultiGrinder II™
Before using your Sunbeam MultiGrinder II™, wipe the stainless steel grinding bowl, blades and transparent cover with a damp soapy cloth. Ensure that no electrical components come into contact with water. Dry thoroughly before using.Important: If coffee beans, herbs or spices become caught in the grinding blades stop grinding immediately.Disconnect the grinder from the power supply and dislodge caught ingredients before recommencing grinding.
- Place the MultiGrinder II™ on a dry, level surface.
- Remove the lid of the MultiGrinder II™ and measure out the desired quantity of coffee beans, spices or herbs into the stainless steel grinding bowl, see Figure 1.
Important: Do not exceed maximum capacity of ¾ cup.
3. Secure the lid onto the MultiGrinder II™, see Figure 2.
4. Plug the power cord into a 230-240V AC power outlet and turn the power `ON’.5. Ensure the lid is securely in place. To commence grinding, simply press the operating button, located on the front of the grinder. Continue to press down on the button until you have achieved the desired level of grind and to stop simply release the pressure on the operating button, see Figure 3.
Using your Sunbeam MultiGrinder II™ continued
Important: Do not remove the cover before the blades have stopped rotating.Important: Do not use the MultiGrinder II™ continuously for more than 60 seconds at a time.Tip: Use only a small amount of coffee beans to experiment with the length of time in which you grind the coffee beans. This will enable you to get exactly the grind you prefer with minimal waste, bringing you one step closer to that perfect cup of coffee.
6. Once the blades have stopped rotating, unplug the cord from the power outlet and remove the cover. Gently tap the base of the MultiGrinder II™ to loosen the freshly ground coffee beans, spices or herbs from the stainless steel grinding bowl and empty into an airtight container or use immediately.
Care and Cleaning
Important: Do not immerse the motor base or grinding bowl of the MultiGrinder II™ in water.Important: Do not place the MultiGrinder II™ in the dishwasher.
When you have finished grinding, unplug your MultiGrinder from the power outlet.Remove the cover and wash in warm soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
Wipe the blades, stainless steel grinding bowl, exterior and motor base with a damp cloth or paper towel to remove any excess ground coffee, spices or herbs. Use caution when handling the blades, as they are extremely sharp.
12 Month Replacement Guarantee
In the unlikely event that this appliance develops any malfunction within 12 months of purchase (3 months commercial use) due to faulty materials or manufacture, we will replace it for you free of charge.
Should you experience any difficulties with your appliance, please phone our customer service line for advice on 1300 881 861 in Australia, or 0800 786 232 in New Zealand.
Your Sunbeam 12 Month Replacement Guarantee naturally does not cover misuse or negligent handling, and excludes breakables such as glass or ceramic items and normal wear and tear.
Similarly, your 12 Month Replacement Guarantee does not cover damage to household surfaces as a result of water or other substances leaking from your appliance, nor does it cover freight or any other costs incurred in making a claim. Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase.
In Australia, this guarantee is additional to the conditions and guarantees which are mandatory as implied under the Trade Practices Act 1974 and State and Territory legislation.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Should your appliance require repair or service after the guarantee period, contact your nearest Sunbeam service centre.
For a complete list of Sunbeam’s authorised service centres visit our website or call:
www.sunbeam.com.au1300 881 861
www.sunbeam.co.nz0800 786 232
Need help with your appliance?Contact our customer service team or visit our website for information and tips on getting the most from your appliance.
Visit www.sunbeam.com.auOr call 1300 881 861
In New Zealand
Visit www.sunbeam.co.nzOr call 0800 786 232
is a registered trademark.
`MultiGrinder II™’ is a trademark of Sunbeam Corporation.Made in China.Due to minor changes in design or otherwise, the product may differ from the one shown in this leaflet.© Copyright. Sunbeam Corporation Limited 2011.ABN 45 000 006 771Units 5 & 6, 13 Lord StreetBotany NSW 2019 AustraliaUnit 3, Building D26 Vestey DriveMt Wellington AucklandNew Zealand
Sunbeam Corporation is a division of GUD Holdings Ltd. 10/10