SC 420 USB Desktop-Set Black & Silver
Quick start guide
This quick start guide contains important information on the safe operation of the product. Read and follow the safety advice and instructions given. Retain the quick start guide for future reference. If you pass the product on to others please include this quick start guide.
Intended useThis device is used to convert acoustic signals into electrical ones. Any other use or use under other operating conditions is considered to be improper and may result in personal injury or property damage. No liability will be assumed for damages resulting from improper use.Danger for children
Ensure that plastic bags, packaging, etc. are disposed of properly and are not within reach of babies and young children. Choking hazard! Ensure that children do not detach any small parts (e.g. knobs or the like) from the unit. They could swallow the pieces and choke! Never let unattended children use electrical devices.
- Never remove the screen holding the capsule, as this may damage the microphone!
- Never drop the mic, as this may cause severe damage!
- When the microphone is not in use, take it out of its clamp and put it in its case.
Clean with damp cloth only.
Where to use the productNever use the product
- indirect sunlight
- in conditions of extreme temperature or humidity
- in extremely dusty or dirty areas
- at locations where the unit can become wet
- near magnetic fields
- To prevent damage, never use force when operating the switches and controls.
- Never immerse the appliance in water. Just wipe it with a clean dry cloth. Do not use liquid cleaners such as benzene, thinners or flammable cleaning agents.
Keep foreign substances from the unit!Keep the device away from containers with liquids. Should any liquid get into the unit, this could lead to its destruction or fire. Be sure not to let any metal objects into the unit.
- USB studio large-diaphragm microphone with USB connection for direct operation with a computer
- No additional drivers are required
- Headphone output with direct monitoring
- Mute button
- In a PVC case, incl. shock mount, USB cable, foam windscreen, pop killer, and table tripod
- Available in black (item no. 439002) and silver (item no. 493567)
- Microphone basket
- Mute button with LED
- Shock mount
- Table tripod
- USB port for use with a computer
- Pop killer
- Headphones output
Using the product
- Attach the microphone in the shock mount to the table stand.
- Connect the USB port of the microphone to the USB port of a computer (Windows® or Mac OS®) using the supplied USB cable. The red LED lights up. The computer will detect the device and automatically install the required driver.
- When using computers with the Windows® operating system, you can configure the device as required via the Control Panel => Sound => Recording.
- When using computers with the Mac OS® operating system, you can configure the device as required via System Settings => Sound => Input.
- To mute the microphone, press the MUTE button. The red LED in the button then flashes. To unmute, press the MUTE button again. The LED then lights up again permanently.
- You can connect headphones with a 3.5 mm jack plug to the headphones output for latency-free monitoring.
|Connection / supply
|30 Hz – 18 kHz
|140 dB (@ 1 kHz = 1 % T.H.D)
|16 Bit / 48 kHz
For the transport and protective packaging, environmentally friendly materials have been chosen that can be supplied to normal recycling. Ensure that plastic bags, packaging, etc. are properly disposed of. Do not just dispose of these materials with your normal household waste, but make sure that they are collected for recycling. Please follow the notes and markings on the packaging.
This product is subject to the European Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE) in its currently valid version. Do not dispose of your old device with your normal household waste. Dispose of this product through an approved waste disposal firm or through your local waste facility. Comply with the rules and regulations that apply in your country. If in doubt, consult your local waste disposal facility.