closer to nature®manual breast pump instructions
closer to nature® manual breast pump
How to put together your closer to nature®breast pump
A. Silicone insertB. HornC. Pump bodyD. Valve (spare included)E. Bottle
BEFORE USE ENSURE THE BREAST PUMP HAS BEEN DISASSEMBLED, WASHED, AND STERILISED.
WARNING! Keep this Breast Pump away from children. Your child may choke on small parts.
DISASSEMBLING THE MANUAL BREAST PUMP
- Unscrew bottle from the pump body.
- Pull horn from pump body.
- Pull off valve.
IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL TO TAKE THE SILICONE INSERT OUT OF THE HORN FOR CLEANING UNLESS MILK OR DIRT HAS BECOME TRAPPED INSIDE. IF SO, UNCLIP LIP FROM CUP AND PULL APART.
CLEANING AND STERILISING
- Wash in warm soapy water and rinse in clean water or use a dishwasher (Top shelf only). Do not clean with solvents or harsh chemicals.
- Do not allow product to come into contact with oil-based foods (e.g. oil/tomato based sauces) as staining will occur.
- Suitable for all forms of sterilization. Follow the sterilizer manufacturer’s instructions. If using the Steriliser Box follow instructions inthe section “Using the Steriliser Box”.
ASSEMBLING THE MANUAL BREAST PUMP
- Ensure all parts of breast pump have been washed and sterilised.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before handling the pump.
- Push horn onto pump body.
- Push valve into place at the bottom of the pump body.
- Attach bottle to pump body.
It is possible for the valve to seal closed during storage and cleaning. Before each use remember to clean & squeeze the valve to open.
USING THE MANUAL BREAST PUMP
- Wash your hands before touching the breast pump or your breasts and avoid touching inside the breast pump or the storage pot.
- Find a comfortable chair where you can relax.
- Hold the pump in whichever hand is most comfortable. Press the cup Frmly against your breast so that it creates a seal all the way round.IF AIR CAN GET IN THERE WILL BE NO SUCTION.
- Gently squeeze the handle and you will feel the suction. Release the handle and allow it to return to its resting position. Releasing the handle opens the valve so that the milk can flow into the bottle. Try to imitate the rhythm of your baby as he sucks. You won’t need to squeeze hard – just as much as is comfortable. When you frst start expressing milk, use the pump for only 3-5 minutes on each breast. Over time you will be able to build up to 10-15 minutes on each breast
- You can help stimulate your milk flow by gently stroking your breast.
- Your milk will start to be released in drops and will gradually build up to a stream. First, you will release your “fore” milk, a thin yellowish liquid. This will be followed by your “hind” milk which resembles skimmed milk. Don’t worry that it looks thin and watery – both fore and hind milk are ideal for your baby and rich in nutrients.
- The amount of milk you express and the time it takes will vary – don’t worry, this is normal. Usually, you will express 30-75mls (1-3oz) at a time, and it may take up to 30 minutes to drain full breasts. The first few times you express, the quantity may be less than this.
- After use, take the pump apart and wash it to remove milk deposits. You do not need to sterilise your pump until you are ready to use it again.
- Cover and store the expressed milk for later use.
FOR HYGIENE REASONS THIS PRODUCT CANNOT BE RETURNED ONCE OPENED UNLESS FAULTY.
- The best time to use your breast pump is after the frst feed of the day (unless otherwise advised by your breastfeeding advisor)
- Be comfortable and relax, e.g. watch the TV or have your favourite music playing.
- Remember you are only trying to express milk from just behind the nipple – strong suction is not necessary.
- If water gets inside the pump body during sterilisation, simply lift the handle slightly and pour out the water.
- There should be no pain using your breast pump. If you feel pain, try using the pump more gently. Then examine your breasts. If there are any red or hot areas contact your breastfeeding advisor as soon as possible.
- Do not continue to use the pump once your milk has stopped flowing.
- Wash all breastfeeding equipment after use and before sterilisation.
THE CLOSER TO NATURE® MANUAL BREAST PUMP CAN ONLY BE USED WITH CLOSER TO NATURE® BOTTLES.A SEPARATE INSTRUCTION SHEET ON HOW TO CLEAN AND STERILISE THE CLOSER TO NATURE® BOTTLE IS ENCLOSED. PLEASE READ AND RETAIN THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
USING THE STERILISER BOX
The Sterilising box has been specifically designed to microwave steam sterilise all of your breastfeeding equipment quickly and efficiently.To use:
- Pour 100ml of water into sterilising box
- Load upturned bottle disassembled breast pump and any accessories.
- Securely fit box lid
- Open valve, on lid of box
- Place steriliser box in microwave
- Follow instructions according to microwave output
- CAUTION: To avoid risk of burning, always ensure box is cool to touch before lifting out.
- Immediately t valve on lid to make box airtight and sterile.
|Under 800 W
|Over 850 W
STORAGE OF BREAST MILK
|Method of storing milk
|Room temperature <25ºC
|• Never defrost or heat milk in a microwave
• Never refreeze breast milk
• Once defrosted, the milk should be kept in the fridge and used within 12 hours
• Do not boil breast milk 12 hours
• Throw away any leftover milk after a feed
|Refrigerated at 5-10ºC
|Refrigerated at 0-4ºC
|Refrigerated before freezing
|Defrosted before feeding
a. You will notice that stored milk separates out into layers. Shake to remix thoroughly before feeding.b. When freezing milk, allow space at the top of the bottle for expansion. It is easiest to freeze milk in individual feed quantities of 60-125ml (2-4oz).c. Thaw frozen milk in the fridge or by standing the bottle in luke warm water until it has reached body temperature.d. If you want to take expressed milk with you when you are out, make sure it stays cold or frozen until needed.
Any questions? Visit our website www.closertonaturebaby.com.au or call us FREE onAUSTRALIA: 1800 096 938NEW ZEALAND: 0800 726 436Copyright © 2012-15 Jackel International LimitedJackel International Limited retains all intellectual property rights to these products, packaging, and printed or electronic media including all two and three-dimensional designs, graphic images, logos, and text. Jackel International Limited is incorporated in England and Wales under company number 01894022. Any manufacture, publication, copying, hiring, lending, and reproduction of any materials is strictly prohibited and constitutes infringement.TOMMEE TIPPEE & CLOSER TO NATURE are registered trademarks of Jackel International Limited.
Please retain our address for future referenceMayborn ANZ Pty Ltd. (ABN 66 154 703 134)PO Box 475,Mt Waverley VIC 3149AUSTRALIAMayborn Group is a business name of Mayborn ANZ Pty Ltd.
Newborn Brands (NZ) Ltd.PO Box 47-677PonsonbyAuckland1144NEW ZEALANDLeaflet No. 0223304
tommee tippee closer to nature Breast Pump Instruction Manual – tommee tippee closer to nature Breast Pump Instruction Manual –