UBIQUIT LTU-Pro Client Radio with Advanced RF Performance User Guide
- LTU PtMP AP, such as model LTU-Rocket
- 13 mm wrench
- Surge protection should be used for all outdoor installations. We recommend that you use two Ethernet Surge Protectors, model ETH-SP-G2, one near the absorb power surges
Note: For guidelines about grounding and lightning protection, follow your local electrical regulatory codes.
- Outdoor, shielded Category 6 (or above) cabling and shielded RJ45 connectors are required for all wired Ethernet connections.
WARNING: The switch port must comply with the power specifications listed in the “Specifications”.
Accessing the Configuration Interface
- Make sure that your host system is connected via Ethernet to the device.
- Configure the Ethernet adapter on your host system with a static IP address on the 192.168.1.x subnet.
- Launch your web browser and type https://192.168.1.20 in the address field.Press enter (PC) or return (Mac).
The LTU Configuration Interface will appear, allowing you to customize your settings as needed. To have your AP configure your device, proceed to “Find My AP”.
You can manage your device using UNMS, which lets you configure, monitor, upgrade, and back up your devices using a single application. Get started at www.unms.com
Find My AP
1. Click the icon.2. In the Wireless Settings section, change the channel bandwidth (default: 20 MHz) as needed.
set to 20 MHz, then your device will not see that AP and you should change the channel bandwidth on your device.
3. Click Find AP.4. The device will scan for nearby APs. Click Select for the appropriate AP. To run the search again, click Scan.5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Installer Compliance Responsibility
Devices must be professionally installed and it is the professional installer’s responsibility to make sure the device is operated within local country regulatory requirements.
The Auto Output Power field is provided to the professional installer to assist in meeting regulatory requirements.
1. Read, follow, and keep these instructions.2. Heed all warnings.3. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
WARNING: Do not use this product in location that can be submerged by water.
WARNING: Avoid using this product during an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric shock from lightning.
Electrical Safety Information
- Compliance is required with respect to voltage, frequency, and current requirements indicated on the manufacturer’s label. Connection to a different power source than those specified may result in improper operation, damage to the equipment or pose a fire hazard if the limitations are not followed.
- There are no operator serviceable parts inside this equipment. Service should be provided only by a qualified service technician.
- This equipment is provided with a detachable power cord which has an integral safety ground wire intended for connection to a grounded safety outlet.
- a. Do not substitute the power cord with one that is not the provided approved type. Never use an adapter plug to connect to a 2-wire outlet as this will defeat the continuity of the grounding wire.
- b. death.
- c. Contact a qualified electrician or the manufacturer if there are questions about the installation prior to connecting the equipment.
- d. Protective earthing is provided by Listed AC adapter. Building installation shall provide appropriate short-circuit backup protection.
- e. Protective bonding must be installed in accordance with local national wiring rules and regulations.
ui.com/support/warrantyThe limited warranty requires the use of arbitration to resolve disputes on an individual basis, and, where applicable, specify arbitration instead of jury trials or class actions.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions.
1. This device may not cause harmful interference, and2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Operations of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his own expense.
This radio transmitter has been approved by FCC.
CAN ICES-3(A)/NMB-3(A)This device complies with ISED Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1. This device may not cause interference, and2. This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired
This radio transmitter has been approved by ISED Canada. The device for operation in the band 5150-5250 MHz is only for indoor use to reduce the potential for harmful interference to co-channel mobile satellite systems.
Radiation Exposure Statement
- This equipment complies with radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.
- This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 141 cm between the radiator and your body.
- This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Australia and New Zealand
Warning: This equipment is compliant with Class A of CISPR 32. In a residential environment this equipment may cause radio interference.
CE marking on this product represents the product is in compliance with all directives that are applicable to it.
BFWA (Broadband Fixed Wireless Access) members noted in blue
Note: This device meets Max. TX power limit per ETSI regulations.
The following apply to products that operate in the 5 GHz frequency range:
Note: This device is restricted to indoor use only when operating in the 5150 – 5350 MHz frequency range within all member states.
Note: All countries listed may operate at 30 dBm. BFWA member states may operate at 36 dBm.
Note: Operation in the 5.8 GHz frequency band is prohibited in BFWA member states. Other countries listed may use the 5.8 GHz frequency band.
WEEE Compliance StatementDeclaration of ConformityOnline Resources
© 2020 Ubiquiti Inc. All rights reserved.