Viatek Weederase WE-WIRE
THE SAFE, CHEMICAL-FREE SOLUTION TO WEEDS
For proper operation, read and follow these instructions carefully. File appropriately for future reference.
Before using WeedErase\’” weed-control tool please read and understand this guide. Included are instructions for safely operating and maintaining this lawn and garden tool. Also included are signal words that indicate a level of danger or concern. A CAUTION indicates a hazard or unsafe practice that could result in injury, death, or damage to the tool A NOTE indicates important information unrelated to safety.
BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
To protect against electrical shock when using this tool, basic safety precautions should be followed, including:
- Do not use the tool for other than intended use.
- Do not operate this tool with a damaged cord.
- Do not plug in after this tool malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return this tool directly to viatek consumer products group Inc. For examination, repair, or adjustment.
- Only use an outdoor extension cord marked with the suffix letter “W” and with a tag stating “Suitable for use with outdoor appliances.”
- The marked rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of this tool.
- The extension cord should be a grounding type 3-wire cord.
- To provide continued protection against electrical shock, always attach the extension cord to this tool first then plug the extension cord into a grounded wall outlet. To disconnect remove the plug from the grounded wall outlet.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, keep the extension cord connection dry.
- The extension cord should be arranged to prevent tripping, snagging, or pulling.
CAUTION: General Hazards
To reduce the risk of personal injury or damage to the tool:
- Do not allow children to use or play with this tool. It is not a toy.
- Do not operate this tool with bare feet or open sandals.
- Do not store this tool in a location where it could get damp/wet.
CAUTION: HAZARD OF BURN
To reduce the risk of injury, burns, or fire:
- Do not touch the heated surface of this tool to bare skin. It can reach temperatures up to
- 4oo”F (2oo”C),
- Do not touch the heated surface of this tool to fabrics. It can cause certain fabrics to catch on fire or melt.
- Do not store this tool until it cools.
- Do not place or store this tool near flammable or combustible materials.
CAUTION: HAZARD OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK
To reduce the risk of injury of death by electric shock:
- Do not plug the cord into an outlet that is not grounded.
- Do not immerse cord, plugs, or tool in water or other liquid.
- Do not use this tool in the rain or if rain and/or lightning is possible.
- Do not reach for this tool if it has fallen into water. Unplug it at the GFI outlet immediately.
- Do not disassemble this tool. No user-serviceable parts are inside.
- Do not use this tool if the cord. Plug, or tool is damaged or has malfunctioned.
- Do not leave this tool plugged in if you are not using it.
DIRECT ENERGY SAFETY INFORMATION
CAUTION: HAZARD OF VISIBLE RADIATION
To reduce the risk of eye and/or skin damage:
- Do not look directly at light source when on. Prolonged exposure to the eye(s) can cause permanent damage.
- Do not point the tool at any part of the body. Prolonged exposure to the skin can cause damage and even cancer.
- Do not point the tool directly at another person or an animal.
Maintenance and Storage Care
Follow these guidelines for maintaining and storing WeedErase
- Unplug this tool from the outlet when not in use.
- After shutoff. Allow this tool to cool before storing it.
- Store this tool away from flammable or combustible materials.
- Store this tool out of reach of children.
- Store this tool in a dry location.
- Store this tool in an upright position. It can be hung from a hook or firmly attached to a wall.
Direct Energy (Light)
- Wattage: 222 Watts, maximum
- Current: 120 V. 60 Hz. 2 Amperes. maximum
- Operating Temperature: 40-100F
Features and Functions
The standard package includes WeedErase” weed-treatment tool with the directed energy end. The directed energy end works best for controlling grasses and sedges. two of the three main types of grasses. The WeedErase” also controls dandelion and thistle. Please use longer exposure times. typically g seconds. Should the dandelion recover, retreat once regrowth is noticed. This will maximize the success rate of killing the weed on the second treatment.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the features of this weed-treatment tool and how they function.
Height Adjustment: Allows you to adjust the working height of the unit. Before plugging the unit into power, simply loosen the nut and adjust the tube to desired height. Then tighten the nut back up.
Power/treatment switch: By pressing and holding the switch for 5 seconds. the unit will power on. The status LEDs will flash in order from Green to Red, indicating the unit is turning on. Once the unit is on. it can be turned off by pressing and holding the switch for 5 seconds.
Status LEDs: These indicate that the unit is warming up. ready for use. and/or the treatment light is on.
Green : Indicates power is on and treatment applicator will be hot. Flashing indicates treatment applicator has not yet reached full “ready” temperature.Blue : Indicates timed treatment cycle in progress.Red : Indicates heater cycling on/off. Note: treatment applicator can remain hot while heater is off.
Power Cord : supplies power to the weed-treatment tool when it is plugged in.Directed energy end : stresses the weed’s leaves. root crown. and root. when placed onto the weed.
Auto-Off-After 10 minutes of inactivity the unit will power itself off. Restart the unit by turning on the unit and following the startup process.
Be sure to read, understand, and follow all the instructions in this guide. Place this guide in a convenient location so that you can access it easily as needed. As with all power tools and lighting devices, all safety precautions should be followed.
Turn tightening cuff counterclockwise from bottom. Pull out to desired height. Tighten cuff clockwise from bottom.
- Plug the WeedErase”‘ cord into an outdoor-rated extension cord. then plug the extension cord into a GFI protected outlet.
- Press and hold the power/treatment switch for five (5) seconds to power the unit on (Status LEDs will flash in sequence from green to red to indicate powering on).
- Wait for the unit to warm-up (Green will flash until unit is ready for use).
- When the unit is ready to use. the green light will stop flashing
- Place the directed energy end centered over. and directly on top of weed.
- Press and release the power/treatment switch one (1) time for a three (3) second treatment (good for smaller weeds), or two (2) times for a nine (g) second treatment (better for medium sized weeds or unwanted grass).– For a nine (g) second treatment. press the power /treatment switch twice, one second apart.– The blue treatment light will turn on for the duration of the treatment time selected.
- Hold Weed Erase™ on the weed until the light goes off or you see smoke coming from below the directed energy end. For large weeds (ones that are larger than the directed energy end), repeat the application. Use up to three (3) applications over several days if the weed has more than one season of maturity.
- Most grasses and sedges are small to medium. If a weed continues growing after the first treatment, the first treatment Wasn’t enough and the plant recovered. The weed needs to be treated again until it dies.
- Move WeedErase™ over to the next weed or unwanted grass and repeat steps 4 – 6.
- When you have finished using WeedErase™. press and hold the power/treatment switch for five (5) seconds (Status LEDs will flash in sequence from red to green to indicate powering off), then unplug the unit and store it in a safe and dry environment after the unit has cooled off.
Here are a few helpful tips to ensure the best results when using the WeedErase.
Move on to the next weed if you see smoke coming from the plant This is a good indicator that the weed has been fully exposed to the light
For the quickest results use the Weed Erase™ when weeds are actively growing. Weeds are most active around mid-day,
If you use the Weed Erase™ during late fall or early spring when evening temperatures are less than 50F (10C), please keep in mind that exposure and stress time will be doubled, For example. during early spring, a coffee cup size dandelion will need g seconds of exposure time and will show stress (wilting) in 4 days instead of 2 days, You will also notice that the browning time will be extended from 1 week to 2 weeks, You may need to treat larger weeds more than once for an effective treatment.
Unlike chemical herbicides. the Weed Erase™ is still effective when the ground is damp, If you are using your Weed Erase™ in damp conditions, simply extend exposure time for best results.
Viatek is committed to promoting recycling and reducing waste, The product and packaging for WeedErase™ have been designed to support these commitments, Please join us in our efforts by recycling the packaging in accordance with your local recycling programs, Please also recycle Weed Erase™ when it has reached its end-of-life cycle. For more information about how to do this, please contact us by visiting our Website (viatekproducts.com), sending an Email (). or by calling (888784,2835),
US PATENT: 8,872,136 AND OTHERS PENDING
VIATEK® 1-VEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Viatek” warrants this product to be free of manufacturing defects, Should any such defect develop or become evident within one year from the date of purchase, Viatek” will replace the entire product or, at its option, repair or replace the defective part(s) without charge.
Contact Viatek” customer service at 888.784.2835 or at to determine whether it is necessary to return the unit. To return, securely pack the entire unit. Be sure carton clearly identifies sender by name and address. Attach a letter or card describing defect and original sales receipt Mail prepaid to Viatek Consumer Products Group, Inc. 6011 Century Oaks Dr. Chattanooga, TN 37 416.
This warranty is void if damage or malfunction is due to abuse or failure to operate product in accordance with instructions and on recommended electrical current This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state, If you have any questions, or would like to learn more about Viatek, please contact us at 888.784.2835 or at
Register your product online at viatekproducts.com/register-your-product-warranty/Customer Service/Le service a la clientele/Servicio al Consumidor\. 888.784.2835 (+1.423.402.9010) 111
Model: WE-WIREDO NOT DISPOSE OF BATTERIES IN FIRE. ALWAYS DISPOSE OF BATTERIES PER LOCAL & FEDERAL GUIDELINES.
© 2020 VIATEK CONSUMER PRODUCTS GROUP, INC. All specifications are subject to change without notice, All rights reserved.
Viatek Consumer Products Group, Inc. 6011 Century Oaks Dr. Chattanooga, TN 37416
Read More About ” RUDCIP Plant Eradicator Patent”
Read More About This Manual….
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!