VORNADO Whole Room Heater
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
This owner’s guide and any additional inserts are considered part of the product. They contain important information about safety, use and disposal. Before using the product, please familiarize yourself with all operating and safety instructions. Please keep all documents for future reference and pass these documents on, together with the product, to any future owner. See www.vornado.com to view, download and print the most current version of this owner’s guide.
This product is intended to heat and circulate the air in indoor living spaces only. This product is not intended for commercial or industrial use. This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas, and similar damp locations. The manufacturer assumes no responsibility for damage or injury due to unauthorized use or product modification. Failure to follow these directions will void the product warranty. This product is intended for floor use only.
WARNING: When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
WARNING: Chemical burn hazard. Keep batteries away from children.
WARNING: KEEP NEW AND USED BATTERIES AWAY FROM CHILDREN. This product contains a lithium button/coin cell battery. If a new or used lithium button/coin cell battery is swallowed or enters the body, it can cause severe internal burns and can lead to death in as little as 2 hours. Always completely secure the battery compartment. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product, remove the batteries, and keep it away from children. If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention
WARNING: Risk to Children and Impaired Persons
Extreme caution is required during the installation, operation, cleaning and maintenance of this product by or around children12 years of age and younger and anyone with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, and whenever the heater is left operating and unattended. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance, its parts and packaging material
To reduce risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons, observe the following:
- A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint, or ﬂammable liquids are used or stored.
- Do not use this heater in an RV, boat or during any application where battery power is converted to AC power.
- Place this product at least 3 feet away on all sides from electrical outlets, furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, curtains and other objects that may cause or catch on fire. Do not place the heater near a bed because objects such as pillows or blankets can fall off the bed and be ignited by the heater.
- To prevent a possible ﬁre, do not place the heater on soft surfaces, like a bed, where air intakes or exhaust can be blocked in any manner.
- No part of this product (the appliance, power cord, plug, packaging, etc.) should be placed near furnaces, fireplaces, stoves or other high temperature heat sources. Do not use in a window, on an uneven or unstable surface, or near water.
- Do not use this product on an elevated surface such as a shelf or desktop. Use only while placed on the floor. Operate only in the upright position.
- The appliance, power supply, power cord and plug cannot come into contact with water. Do not use this product on wet surfaces. Do not use this product in a bathtub or shower or position product where it may fall into a bathtub, laundry, swimming pool or other water container. Do not use this product outdoors or expose it to weather or elements.
- Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Do not route under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over. The cord should not hang over edges of counters or be placed where it can be crimped or closed in doors. Place appliance near an easily accessible outlet so the product can be unplugged quickly during an emergency.
- Do not modify the product with any aftermarket accessory.
SAFE USE WARNING
To reduce risk of fire, electrical shock andinjury to persons, observe the following:
- Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause ﬁre, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Extreme caution is required at all times a heater is in operation. Always unplug heater when not in use. Vornado does not recommend unattended and unsupervised use of this heater.
- This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. If provided, use handles when moving this heater.
- Always plug heaters directly into a wall outlet/receptacle. Never use with an extension cord or relocatable power tap (outlet/power strip). Do not use this heater on a surge-protected unit or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupted (GFCI) outlet.
- Before plugging power cord into electrical outlet, be sure that all electrical information on the rating label, including voltage, is compatible with your outlet’s power supply.
To reduce likelihood of circuit overload, fire and electric shock, do not operate with a solid state speed device, such as a dimmer control switch. Use of this appliance on the same electrical circuit as another high energy use product, such as a vacuum cleaner, blender, variable speed fan or circular saw is not advised. Do not use this heater with a timer designed to automatically turn the unit on or off, as this may accidentally disable the heater’s thermal cutout safety feature.
- Risk of fire. Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug or after the heater malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Discard heater, or return to a Vornado authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.
- Do not sit or stand on product.
- Never use the cord as a handle or otherwise yank, strain or stretch the power cord.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or ﬁre, or damage the heater.
- Check your heater cord and plug connections. A loose ﬁtting outlet can cause the plug to overheat or cause a ﬁre. Be sure plug ﬁts tight in the outlet. Check frequently during use to make sure plug and outlet are not hot. If so, discontinue using heater and have outlet replaced by a qualiﬁed electrician.
- Never ignore the signs of an electrical problem, such as: warm outlet cover plates, sparks when plugging in or operating, lights flickering/dimming during operation. Immediately turn off and unplug the appliance if any such problems are noticed. Contact a qualified electrician to investigate possible causes before operating the appliance again.
- Note: Heaters draw more current than small appliances, overheating of the outlet may occur even if it has not occurred with the other appliances.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other.) To reduce the risk of electrical shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- Before moving, repositioning, servicing, cleaning and when not in use, use the product controls to turn off the power and then unplug. To disconnect from outlet, grasp and pull only the plug. Also, power off and unplug if the product will be left unattended for an extended period of time or during electrical storms.If your heater suddenly stops working:
- This heater is equipped with a thermal cutout safety feature designed to automatically shut off when overheating is detected. See the “RESET HEATER” instructions in this guide to determine how to check and reset the heater.
- If the heater and other electrical products suddenly stop working at the same time, your home circuit breaker or fuse may have tripped due to an overload of power. Consider only running your heater on the “low” setting, only running one heater at once and unplugging all other electrical products while running the heater, and/or hiring an electrician to install an additional circuit to your home’s electrical system.
To reduce risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons, observe the following:
- Clean your product regularly, only as is instructed in this manual. Prior to cleaning, turn off the power on your product and unplug. Do not use gasoline, thinners, solvents, ammonias or other chemicals for cleaning. Refer to the CLEANING instructions provided.
- Do not open appliance housing while product is plugged in. To avoid risk of shock, all service and/or repairs must be done by a Vornado Authorized Service Center
WARNING: Batteries may pose a choking hazard. Do not let children handle batteries.BATTERY DISPOSAL: Please dispose of batteries according to the local laws and regulations of your region, and while keeping them away from children. Some batteries may be recycled and accepted for disposal at your local recycling center. DO NOT DISPOSE OF BATTERIES IN FIRE. BATTERIES MAY EXPLODE OR LEAK. New and used batteries may cause injury. Keep new and used cells (or batteries) away from children
HOW TO USE
Before use, check appliance for visible damage. DO NOT USE THIS HEATER if there is evidence of damage. If any damage is found, contact Vornado Air LLC at 1-800-234-0604.
- Use integrated handle on back of heater for lifting and carrying.
- Position heater so airflow is not obstructed.
- Unwrap power cord from bottom of heater. Plug power cord into standard grounded wall outlet.TIP: Wrap excess cord inside Cord Storage. Use notches inside the Cord Storage, to secure power cord in place or adjust length during use.COOL DOWNWhen you power off your heater, it automatically enters a cool down routine in which the heating element turns off and the fan exhausts remaining heat. During Cool Down, the display counts down from eight, then powers off completely.
- Touch the power button and select Mode . Next, set thermostat to desired temperature using -/+. After selecting set temperature the display will dim. You may also select Fan Only by touching . Default settings upon first use will be High Heat and set temperature of 75 degrees. Set timer to automatically power unit off by touching . 0 will flash on the display. Touch or -/+ to select amount of time in onehour intervals, up to 12 hours. To cancel timer operation, select 0 hours. Timer will set after five seconds of making selection. After timer is in operation, remaining amount of time before heater powers off counts down on display. If you touch during operation, time remaining flashes, and if is touched a second time, timer cancels.
Your AWRH heater remote includes (1) coin-style CR2025 battery. Battery comes pre-installed. Remove battery pull tab before first use. The remote is wrapped inside a polybag and packed inside the top section of molded pulp that is placed securely around the top and bottom of heater.
- For battery replacement, the remote requires one coin-style 3V CR2025 battery. Always use the correct size and grade of battery for this product.
- To replace battery, open battery door on the back side of the remote control (you will need to loosen the small screw on door using a #1 Phillips screwdriver). If necessary, clean the battery contacts and also those of the device prior to battery installation. Remove any plastic protection from the battery and place it in the remote with the + side facing up. Replace the battery door and screw.Note: Remove battery from the remote control when not in use for an extended period of time and always remove dead battery immediately and replace with fresh. Do not store dead battery in remote. The remote control functions are the same as the control panel on the heater. The remote requires a line-of-sight path to allow for the signal to be received by the heater. Position the heater so the receiver lens (inside the power indicator light) is visible from the remote controlWARNING: This product contains a button battery. If swallowed, it could cause severe injury or death in just 2 hours. Seek medical attention immediately.
- KEEP BATTERIES OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN-
- Swallowing may lead to serious injury in as little as 2 hours or death, due to chemical burns and potential perforation of the esophagus.
- If you suspect your child has swallowed or inserted a button battery, immediately seek urgent medical assistance.
- Examine devices and make sure the battery compartment is correctly secured, e.g. that the screw or other mechanical fastener is tightened. Do not use if compartment is not secure.
- Dispose of used button batteries immediately and safely. Flat batteries can still be dangerous.
- Tell others about the risk associated with button batteries and how to keep their children safe.
Because your heater moves a substantial amount of air, it will need regular cleaning. Cleaning the outside of the heater is recommended on a weekly basis. If service is required, return your heater to Vornado. (See WARRANTY for instructions.)
- Unplug heater before cleaning.
- Use brush attachment on household vacuum cleaner to vacuum any accumulated dust off Air Inlets on the back of heater.TIP: You should periodically blow out the heater with pressurized air to keep heat element and motor clear of dust, hair and debris that can build up inside the heater as it moves air during use. This also eliminates unwanted odors caused by accumulation of these particles inside the unit.
- Use brush attachment on household vacuum cleaner to vacuum any accumulated dust off Front Outlet Grille.
- Wipe down the entire heater with a soft, dry cloth.Note: Do not modify the product with any aftermarket accessory.
During the off-season or after extended periods of non-use, you may choose to store your heater. To ensure long life of the product, it is recommended to store your heater by following these instructions:
TIP: Cleaning is recommended before storage.
- Unplug power cord and wrap around Cord Storage on bottom of heater.
- Cover, or place back in retail carton if available. This prevents the heater from accumulating dust overtime.
- Store heater in cool and dry location.
DISPOSALDispose of all packaging materials in an environmentally responsible manner. Battery disposal — Always dispose of batteries at a suitable recycling location.
RESETTING YOUR VORNADO HEATERYour Vornado Heater has a multilevel safety shut-off system designed to prevent overheating. Overheating may occur when the inlets or outlet are blocked. If this happens, the safety shut-off system cuts power to the heater and you must manually reset the heater.
- Power heater off, then unplug power cord.
- Remove any obstructions.
- Wait 5–10 minutes, allowing heater to cool down.
- Plug in power cord and place heater in desired position.
- Touch Power button On. Your Vornado Heater should now function normally and return to last stored setting.Note: If the safety shut-off system repeatedly shuts off your heater or if it will not reset after following the above procedure, call Vornado Consumer Services Department toll-free at 1-800-234-0604.
We expect this product to be perfect. If you’re not satisfied with this product, let us know.
Vornado Air LLC (“Vornado”) warrants to the original consumer or purchaser this Vornado® Whole Room Heater (“Product”) is free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase. If any such defect is discovered within the warranty period, Vornado, at its discretion, will repair or replace the Product at no cost.
For warranty or repair service:
Call 1-800-234-0604 or email to obtain a Return Authorization (“RA”) form. Please have or include your Product’s model number and serial number, as well as your name, address, city, state, Zip code and phone number when contacting Vornado for warranty service.
After receiving the RA form, ship your Product to:
Vornado Air LLC Attn: Warranty & Repair 415 East 13th Street, Andover, KS 67002. For your convenience, please have your model number and serial number when contacting Vornado with service inquiries. To ensure proper handling, packages must be clearly marked with the RA number. Packages not clearly marked with the RA number may be refused at the receiving dock. Please allow 1-2 weeks for repair and return of your Product after the Product is received.
Repairs not covered by the warranty or outside the warranty period will require a fee to cover the cost of materials, labor, handling and shipping. This warranty does not apply to defects resulting from abuse of the Product, modification, alteration, mishandling, improper maintenance, commercial use or repair or service of the Product by anyone other than Vornado; damages which occur in shipment or are attributed to acts of God. Improper product use, which includes using an external device that alters or converts the voltage or frequency of electricity, or shipping a Vornado product to a country not intended for use will void all warranties. Any unauthorized product modification, repair by unauthorized repair center or use of non-approved replacement parts is not recommended and any consequences will not be covered by support services or product warranties. The product warranty will be honored only on models that are being used in the country intended.
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER. VORNADO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state. The manufacturer assumes no responsibility for damage or injury caused by failure to follow these instructions, improper product use or unauthorized product modifications. Any such actions will invalidate the product warranty. All company names and product names are trademarks of their respective owners. ©All rights reserved. All technical information, data and instructions for the installation, connection and operation contained in these instructions for use correspond to the latest available information at time of printing. The contents of this manual may differ slightly from the actual product. Observe any additional supplements.
Vornado Air, LLC415 East 13th Street, Andover, Kansas 67002800.234.0604 | vornado.com