BOLT™ CORDLESS LITHIUMIMMERSION BLENDER
For your safety and continued enjoyment of this product, always read the instruction book carefully before using it.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDSWhen using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
- WARNING: Read all safety warnings and instructions. Failure to follow the warnings and instructions may result in electric shock, fire, or serious injury.
- To protect against the risk of electrical shock, do not place a battery pack or motor housing in water or other liquids. The protective blade guard and shaft of this appliance have been designed for submersion in water or other liquids. Never submerge any other portion of this unit in any liquid.
- This appliance should not be used by children. Care should be taken when used near children.
- Avoid contact with moving parts.
- Keep hands, hair, clothing, and utensils away from the blade and mixing container while operating the BOLT™ Cordless Lithium Immersion Blender, to prevent the possibility of severe injury to persons and/or damage to the Immersion Blender.
- A spatula may be used, but must be used only when the unit is not operating.
- Do not operate the BOLT™ Cordless Lithium Immersion Blender or any other electrical appliance after the unit malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return it to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended or sold by Waring for this specific model may cause fire, electric shock, or injury.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Blades are very sharp. Handle carefully.
- When mixing liquids, especially hot liquids, use a tall container to reduce spillage and the possibility of injury.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge.
- Only use with specifically designated battery pack: BP2050A. Use of any other battery pack may create a risk of injury and fire.
- When the battery pack is not in use, keep it away from other metal objects, like paper clips, coins, keys, nails, screws, or other small metal objects, that can make a connection from one terminal to another. Shorting the battery terminals together may cause burns or a fire.
- Do not use a battery pack or appliance that is damaged or modified. Damaged or modified batteries may exhibit unpredictable behavior resulting in fire, explosion, or risk of injury.
- Do not expose a battery pack or appliance to fire or excessive temperature. Exposure to fire or temperature above 265°F (130°C) may cause an explosion.
- Disconnect the battery pack from the appliance before making any adjustments, changing accessories, or storing the appliance.Such preventive safety measures reduce the risk of starting the appliance accidentally.
- To prevent unintentional starting, do not carry the appliance with your finger on the Power or Safety switch.
- Recharge only with the charger specified by the manufacturer.A charger that is suitable for one type of battery pack may create a risk of fire when used with another battery pack.
- Under abusive conditions, liquid may be ejected from the battery; avoid contact. If contact accidentally occurs, flush with water. If liquid contacts eyes, additionally seek medical help.Liquid ejected from the battery may cause irritation or burns.
- Follow all charging instructions and do not charge the battery pack or appliance outside of the temperature range specified in the instructions. Charging improperly or at temperatures outside the specified range may damage the battery and increase the risk of fire.
- Have servicing performed by a qualified repair person using only identical replacement parts. This will ensure that the safety of the product is maintained.
- Do not modify or attempt to repair the appliance or the battery pack except as indicated in the instructions for use and care.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONSAPPROVED FOR COMMERCIAL USE
Only use with supplied adapter model R241-1401200U.Only use with supplied battery pack BP-2050A to the charger for charging or unit for operation.Rating – Input 100~240V50/60 Hz, 0.5AOutput 14v DC 1200mA
Waring® Immersion Blenders are intended for use in restaurants, large kitchens, and small companies when mixing for the perfect consistency. You can operate directly in the pot to mix everything from soups, salad dressings, pancake mixes, pastes, sauces, mayonnaise, and more. For nurseries or for special diets, use the immersion blender to prepare purées of vegetables, porridge, fresh carrot purée, fruit creams, etc.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
After unpacking your new immersion blender, wipe the exterior of the motor housing and battery pack with a clean, damp cloth to remove any dirt or dust that may have accumulated during shipping. While the stainless steel shaft is detached, rinse under running water, being sure to rinse the metal blade. Dry thoroughly with a soft, absorbentcloth.CAUTION: Blade is sharp.
|1. Battery Pack1a. Battery Clips2. BatteryQuick-Charge Station3. Charge Indicator Light –Solid Green = Fully ChargedBlinking Green = 70-90% ChargedBlinking Orange = 50-70% ChargedBlinking Red = Low Voltage,Under 50% Charged4. Adapter5. Motor Housing6. Safety Button||7. Power Button8. Speed Control (+ and -)9. Speed Indicator Lights – blue (also shows charge level in red)10. Stainless Steel Shaft11. Protective Blade Guard12. Metal Blade13. Storage/Transport Bag|
CAUTION: Charge and store the battery pack at room temperature only. Avoid exposure to high temperatures to prevent damage.Before first use, place the battery pack into the battery quick-charge station and charge for 1.5 to 2 hours. The charge indicator light will illuminate when properly placed. A blinking green light indicates the battery is charging, and a solid green light indicates that it is fully charged.To remove the battery from the motor housing or the quick charging station, press the blue clips inward and lift the battery up.When the unit is assembled, you can check the level of charge by holding down on the safety button for around 6 seconds. The speed indicators will illuminate in red; if all the lights are lit, the battery is fully charged. If only one light is lit, the battery charge is low.
USING YOUR WARING® IMMERSION BLENDER
- Attach the stainless steel shaft to the motor housing by aligning the metal coupling on the housing with the coupling on the shaft. Turn clockwise to secure.
- Insert the battery pack onto the top of the motor housing.The battery pack will click into place.
- Plunge the immersion blender into the pot/mixing vessel. DO NOT SUBMERGE MORE THAN ¾ OF THE SHAFT.
- The immersion blender has two buttons: safety (back) and power (front). To start the unit, press the safety and power buttons simultaneously. Release the safety button, but keep pressing the power button for as long as you wish to blend.
- Select speeds by pressing the up and down (+ or -) switch.Speed ranges from 1, the lowest speed, to 5, the highest.NOTE: You can also select the speed before you start the unit.
- Angle the immersion blender slightly and start to stir while keeping the blade off the bottom of the pot/mixing vessel.
- Remove the immersion blender from the pot/mixing vessel after the blender has come to a complete stop. To prevent splattering, do not remove the immersion blender from the liquid while it is on.NOTE: Always remove the battery pack after each use. Keep the appliance out of reach of children.
NOTE: If a piece of food becomes lodged in the protective blade guard surrounding the metal blade, follow the safety instructions below:
- Release the power button.
- Remove the battery pack from the housing.
- Detach the shaft from the housing.
- Use a spatula to carefully remove the food lodged in the blade guard. CAUTION: The blade is very sharp. DO NOT USE YOUR FINGERS TO REMOVE LODGED FOOD.
- Reassemble the unit and continue blending.
- For best results, when a recipe calls for ice, use crushed ice and not whole cubes.
- The unit will default to the same speed it was on when last in use.
- Depending on the speeds used and what you are blending, the amount of time the charge will last may vary. For best results, charge the battery pack regularly.
- Speeds:Speed 1: Low speed, 5K RPMSpeed 2: 7K RPMSpeed 3: 8.5K RPMSpeed 4: 11.5K RPMSpeed 5: High speed, 13K RPM
This immersion blender is equipped with overload protection so that it does not overheat and cause any permanent damage. During operation, if you notice that the speed indicator lights on the front of the housing are blinking, stop use, remove the battery and allow it to cool down for approximately 90 seconds.
THE BOLT™ CORDLESS LITHIUM IMMERSION BLENDER MUST BE CLEANED AND DRIED AFTER EACH USE, ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS.Always remove the battery pack and shaft from the housing before cleaning the metal blade. The stainless steel shaft is dishwasher safe.TO WASH BY HANDFor Food Service Applications
- Wash, rinse, and sanitize the stainless steel shaft of the immersion blender prior to initial use, after each use, or whenever it will not be used again within a period of 1 hour.
- Washing solutions based on non-sudsing detergents, and chlorine-based sanitizing solutions having a minimum chloride concentration of 100 PPM are recommended.
The following washing, rinsing, and sanitizing solutions, or their equivalents may be used.
|PRODUCT||DILUTION IN WATER||
|Washing||International Products Corporation LF2100 Liquid Low-Foam Cleaner||1%-2%: 11/4 – 23/4 Ounce/Gallon (lower dilution of 1% for normal cleaning and up to 2% for more stubborn soils)||Room Temperature|
|Rinsing||Plain Water||Warm 95°F (35°C)|
|Sanitizing||Clorox® Regular Bleach (8.25% hypochlorite Concentration)||2 Teaspoons/Gallon (Alternately, a bleach with 5.25%Hypochlorite Concentration can be used at a dilution of 3 teaspoons/gallon)|
To Wash and Sanitize:
- Rinse the exterior of the stainless steel shaft under running water. Scrub and flush the exterior and under the blade guard/ blade to dislodge and remove as much food residue as possible.
- Wipe down the stainless steel shaft with a soft cloth or sponge dampened with the washing solution.
- Immerse approximately ¾ of the length of the stainless steel shaft in a container of the washing solution and run for two (2) minutes on High.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3, using clean rinse water in place of the washing solution.NOTE – IMPORTANTIN ORDER TO MINIMIZE THE POSSIBILITY OF SCALDING, THE TEMPERATURE OF THE WASHING SOLUTION AND RINSE WATER MUST NOT EXCEED 115°F (46°C).
- Immerse approximately ¾ of the length of the stainless steel shaft in a container of sanitizing solution and run for two minutes on LOW.
- DO NOT RINSE AFTER SANITIZING IS COMPLETE. Allow air-drying before use.
NOTE:DO NOT IMMERSE BATTERY PACK OR MOTOR HOUSING IN WASHING SOLUTION, RINSE WATER, OR SANITIZING SOLUTION.PREVENT LIQUID FROM RUNNING INTO THE BATTERY PACK BY WRINGING ALL EXCESS MOISTURE FROM CLOTHES OR SPONGES BEFORE USING THEM.
LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY (U.S. and Canada only)
Waring warrants every new COMMERCIAL PRODUCT to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase when used with foodstuffs, nonabrasive liquids (other than detergents), and nonabrasive semi-liquids, providing it has not been subject to loads in excess of the indicated rating.Under this warranty, Waring will repair or replace any part, which, upon our examination, is defective in materials or workmanship provided the product is delivered prepaid to the Waring Service Center at 314 Ella T. Grasso Ave., Torrington, CT 06790, or any Factory Approved Service Center.This warranty does not: a) apply to any product which has become worn, defective, damaged, or broken due to use or due to repairs or servicing by other than the Waring Service Center or a Factory Approved Service Center or due to abuse, misuse, overloading or tampering; b) cover consequential damages of any kind.The one-year warranty is applicable only to appliances used in the United States and Canada. This supersedes all other express product warranty or guaranty statements. For Waring products sold outside of the U.S. and Canada, the warranty is the responsibility of the local importer or distributor.This warranty may vary according to local regulations.WARNING: This warranty is VOID if the appliance is used on Direct Current (DC).SERVICEShould service on this product in the United States or Canada be required at any time, call or write to:
WARING Service Center314 Ella T. Grasso AvenueTorrington, CT 06790Tel. (800) 492-7464Fax. (860) 496-9017or nearest Authorized Service Center.Replacement parts for Out Warranty repairs are obtainable at the above address.
DISPOSAL/RECYCLING OF BATTERIES
This product uses two Li-ion rechargeable and recyclable batteries.At the end of the batteries’ useful life, they should be recycled. These batteries must not be incinerated or composted. Li-ion batteries should not be put in municipal waste systems. Contact your local waste collection agency for proper recycling and disposal information for your area. Please do not attempt to dismantle the power handle to replace these batteries on your own. Damage could result in the unit.
Trademarks or service marks of third parties used herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.©2017 Waring Commercial314 Ella T. Grasso Ave.Torrington, CT 06790www.waringcommercialproducts.comWSB38X IB17WC025708IB-14786