Winix Air Purifier AAPU500-JLE User Manual
Use & Care Guide
- The product warranty is printed on the back of this guide.
- This product is suitable for AC 220 V – 240 V only.
MODEL PART DIAGRAM
WHERE TO USE
Allow 30 ~ 45 cm of space between TVs, radios, and other electronicsElectromagnetic interference from certain electronics may cause product malfunction.Place indoors away from direct sunlightDirect exposure may cause product malfunction or failure.Only place on hard, flat surfacesFlimsy or slanted surfaces may result in abnormal noise and vibrations.Allow 30 ~ 45 cm from wallsFor maximum air flow.
01. Check FilterLED light indicates when it is time to change the filter.02. Filter Reset ButtonAfter replacing the 360º All-in-One True HEPA Filter, use a small object such as a paper clip, to press and hold the reset button for at least 5 seconds until the Check Filter light turns off.03. Auto Mode ButtonThe LED “Auto” light will indicate when Auto Mode is activated.
- When in Auto Mode, the fan speed is automatically adjusted according to the indoor air quality. As the indoor air quality improves, the fan speed will automatically decrease.
04. Air Quality IndicatorColor-coded LED indicates one of three levels of air quality.
- The three levels of air quality are: BLUE (good), AMBER (fair), RED (poor).
05. Sleep Mode ButtonThe LED “Sleep” light will indicate when Sleep Mode is activated.
- When Sleep Mode is activated, the Air Quality Indicator LED light is disabled.
- When Sleep Mode is activated, the fan speed is automatically set to quiet.
06. PlasmaWave® Technology ButtonEnables or disables PlasmaWave® Technology.
- When the unit is running, you may hear a chirping or buzzing sound. The sound is from large particles passing through PlasmaWave® Technology, it is normal and does not signify product failure.
- Press the PlasmaWave® Technology button, when the unit is on, to enable or disable this feature.
07. Fan Speed Indicator / ButtonIndicates the current fan speed.
- Use the Fan Speed arrow buttons to set the desired fan speed. Fan speeds cycle over in this sequence: Auto, Low, Medium, High, Auto.
08. Power ButtonTurns the unit on or off. During the first 30 seconds of power, the Air Quality Indicator will cycle through Blue, Amber and Red colors.
- Smart Sensor takes approximately 30 seconds to gauge the air quality in the environment before normal operation begins.
4-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION
01. Fine Mesh Pre-FilterDesigned to catch larger airborne particles found indoors.02. True HEPA FilterCaptures 99.97%* of airborne allergens including; pollen, mold spores, dust, pet dander, microbes, and smoke. (*particles as small as 0.3 microns in size).03. Carbon FilterReduces VOCs and household odors from cooking, pets, and smoke.04. PlasmaWave® TechnologyPlasma Wave® Technology creates Hydroxyls which can help to reduce the presence of airborne Bacteria, Viruses*. (*Based on laboratory test conducted on Influenza A Virus H3N2, E. coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella typhimurium).
When to Replace Filters
Filter Indicator Light When to service When to replace360º All-in-One Check Filter Clean once every 14 days Lasts Approx. 12 monthsTrue HEPA Filter
- When the Check Filter indicator LED is on, it is time to replace the Filter.
- Intervals between filter replacement may vary depending on environment.
1. Turn the product upside down
2. Grab the handle at the bottom of the product, turn counter-clockwise, and pull out the filter cover.
3. Remove the protective vinyl from the filter installed inside the product.
4. Install the filter, top side down, into the bottom of unit, until it is fully inserted. The top of the filter shows the opening and the bottom of the filter is solid.
5. After installing the filter, turn the handle clockwise to close the filter cover.
6. Return the product to an upright position and resume normal operation.
After replacing a filter, press the RESET button for at least 5 seconds.
Cleaning the Filters:
Clean with a vacuum or a soft brush.
- Only clean the Pre-Filter.
- This filter CAN NOT be washed.
- Intervals between filter cleaning may vary depending on the air quality.
Cleaning the Smart Sensor (Dust Sensor):
Clean Smart Sensor (Dust Sensor) with vacuum cleaner.
- Cleaning interval : EVERY 2 MONTHS.NOT I C E
- Do not use benzene, alcohol, or other volatile fluids, which may cause damage or discoloration
Cleaning the Exterior & Interior:
Wipe with a soft damp cloth using room temperaturewater. Afterwards, wipe it down with a clean dry cloth.After turning the product upside down, remove the filtercover and clean the interior with a vacuum cleaner.
- For optimal performance, clean every 14 days.NOT I C E
- When cleaning the unit, always unplug the power cord first and then wait until the unit has cooled down.
- Never disassemble, repair, or modify this unit yourself.
- Do not use flammable sprays or liquid detergents.
- Do not allow children to clean or maintain the unit.
- Before cleaning or maintaining, ensure unit is unplugged.
SAFETY AND CAUTIONS
Before operating this equipment, carefully read and follow these safety cautions.Ensure filters are inserted before running unitRunning the unit without filters may shorten thelifespan of the unit and cause electric shock or injury.Be sure foreign objects are NOT inserted into the vents on the unitObjects can include pins, rods, and coins.Do not touch any part of the interior of the unit with wet handsThe high voltage may cause electric shock.Ensure unit intake and outlet vents do not become blockedBlockage may lead to increased internal temperaturescausing product failure and deformation.Do not use the unit as a step stool or place heavy objects on itPersonal injury may occur or product failure and deformation.When turning the product upside down, install the filter with care in the direction so that the bottom (blocked) side of the filter is visible from the topIf the filter direction is not installed properly, it may cause product damage and user injury.
W A R N I N G
Follow these instructions to reduce the risk of serious injury or death and to reduce risk of damaging the unit.
- If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a special cord or assembly available from the manufacturer or its service agent.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- This unit is not intended to be used to preserve documents or in art conservation.
Do not pull on the power cord when unplugging the unit.Do not tie or knot the power cord when unit is in operation.If the unit becomes submerged in water, unplug it and contact customer service.Do not unplug or move the unit while in operation.Do not plug additional appliances into the same outlet or power supply.Do not touch the plug with wet hands.Unplug the unit when not in operation for extended periods of time.Do not place around heating elements.Do not use around mist or fumes from industrial oil or around large quantities of metallic dust.The cord can become damaged by forcefully bending, pulling, twisting, bundling, pinching or placing heavy objects on it.Do not install in any sort of motor or transport vehicle. (trucks, boats, ships, etc)Do not place in an area with excessive amounts of noxious gases.Do not place near any flammable materials. (aerosols, fuel, gases etc)Do not have the unit facing into wind or drafts.Do not place below any electrical outlet.Do not place in excessively humid areas where the unit may become wet.To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not use this fan with any solid-state speed control device.Do not place unit closer than 30 cm from the wall during operation. It may cause condensation to the wall and the surrounding area
Thank you for purchasing a Winix air purifier. This product is for household use only.
IMPORTANT CAUTIONS FOR USING YOUR AIR PURIFIERWARNING : Follow the instructions in this manual to reduce the risk of electric shock, short circuit, and/or fire.
- Do not repair or modify the unit. All repairs should be completed by a qualified technician.
- Do not use if the power cord or plug is damaged or the connection to the wall outlet is loose.
- Use AC 220 – 240 V only.
- Do not damage, break, forcefully bend, pull, twist, bundle, coat, pinch, or place heavy objects on the power cord.
- Periodically remove dust from the power plug. This will reduce the risk of shock due to humidity build up.
- Remove the power plug from the outlet before cleaning the unit. When removing the power plug, grasp by holding the plug itself, never hold by the cord.
- If the power plug is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or a qualified technician.
IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS FOR USING YOUR AIR PURIFIER
- Do not block the intake or outlet vents.
- Do not use near hot objects, such as a stove.
- Do not use where the unit may come into contact with steam.
- Do not use the unit on its side.
- Keep away from products that generate oily residue, such as a deep fryer.
- Remove the power plug from the outlet when not in use.
- Do not handle the power plug with wet hands.
- Do not operate the unit when using indoor smoke generating insecticides.
- Do not clean unit with benzene or paint thinner.
- Do not spray insecticides on the unit.
- Do not use the unit where it is humid or where the unit may become wet, such as the bathroom.
- Do not insert fingers or foreign objects into air intake or outlet.
- Do not use the unit near flammable gases. Do not use near cigarettes, incense, or other spark-creating items.
- Unit will not remove carbon monoxide emitted from heating appliances or other sources.
- Do not use detergent to clean the unit.
- Do not operate without a filter.
- Do not wash and reuse the True HEPA Filter.
- Hold the handle on the back of the unit to transport.
- Do not hold by the front panel.
- Do not stick any small objects in the air outlet vents or fan.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The unit does not turn on at all
- Is the plug securely attached to the outlet?– Make sure the outlet has power going to it, andensure the plug is secured.
- Is there a power outage?– Check to see if other lights and electrical equipment are working and try again.
The unit doesn’t work in Auto Mode
- Has Auto Mode been selected?– Press the Fan Speed button until Auto Mode is selected.
- Is the sensor blocked or clogged?– Clean Smart Sensor (Dust Sensor) with vacuum cleaner.
It vibrates and makes a lot of noise
- Is it running on a slanted or uneven surface?– Move the unit to a hard, flat, even area.
The power plug and outlet feel hot
- Is the plug securely plugged in?– Make sure the plug is properly plugged into the outlet.
There is a strange smell
- Is it being used in a place with a lot of smoke, dust, or odors?– Clean the air intakes on either side and clean the Pre-Filter.– Replace the 360º All-in-One True HEPA Filter.
The fan strength is weak. The unit is not purifying the air
- Is the Check Filter Indicator light on?– Change the filters as required
The terms of the warranty are as follows.
- This product is manufactured under stringent quality control and inspections.
- The warranty will be voided if product failure is a result of negligence or misuse by the consumer, shipping and service fees may be incurred even during the warranty period.
- A proof of purchase must be presented upon claiming a Product Warranty.
- Store the proof of purchase in a safe place or register your product on winixeurope.eu to upload your proof of purchase.
- This warranty is valid only in the Europe.
Product Name Air purifierModel Name AAPU500-JLEPurchase DateWarranty period Two (2) yearsPlace of purchasePlace of Purchase tel.Customer Address Name Tel.
Model Name AAPU500-JLEPower Voltage AC 220 – 240 V, 50 HzPower Rate 55 WVerified Room Size 50 m2Dimensions 24.1 cm (W) x 24.1 cm (D) x 37.1 cm (H)Weight 3.1 kgReplacement Filter FILTER O / SKU: 1712-0110-04
The exterior, design, and product specifications may be changed without prior notice to improve product performance.
Contact Winix for product related inquiries and customer service
- Website : www.winixeurope.eu
To expedite service, please specify the model name and number, the nature of the problem, your contact information, and your address
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF: