User ManualUltrasonic Humidifier
Model Name: L100
|Use & Care||
MODEL PART DIAGRAM
WHERE TO USE
- Position the humidifier at least 12 in / 30 cm away from walls and appliances to prevent them from getting wet.
- Place the humidifier on a table or desk. Do not place it directly on the floor or carpet.
- DO NOT place the unit against walls or objects or in areas with poor air circulation. Doing so may result in improper readings produced by the built-in humidity sensor.
- If used in a closed (sealed) room without proper ventilation and no heat exchange with outside air, water collection can occur when the humidified air touches the cold surface. In such cases, it is recommended to use at a lower mist level.
- POWER ON/OFF & MIST OUTPUT LEVEL BUTTONPlug unit into a 120-volt AC electrical outlet. Press the power button to turn the unit on.• The Humidifier will start by operating at the low mist. Press the power button a second time to select high mist output. Press again to turn the humidifier off.• Pressing and holding for 2 seconds turns the power off, regardless of the level.
- Night Mood LightTurn the Night Mood Light on or off.• The brightness of the lamp can be switched OFF > 100 % > 50 % > 20 % > OFF.※ Empty Tank Alarm• If there is not enough water, the unit will stop and the 3 LED indicators will continue to blink at the same time.
- Aroma Pad TrayIncludes 2 Scented Pre-Soaked Aroma Pads. Use your favorite essential oil to deliver aroma into the air.
ULTRASONIC COOL MIST HUMIDIFICATION
- 1 Gallon – 4.0 LitersRUNTIME: Max 48 Hours
- Based on the natural humidity level in your home, the temperature of water you use, and the mist level setting you choose, you may experience longer or shorter runtimes.Adjustable Mist Level
- Mist adjusts from the lowest output to highest output.
- The corresponding mist level will be lit on the LED indicator.
- Each press will increase the Mist Level. Once you reach level 3, it will repeat at level 1.Whisper Silent Operation
- Silent operation allows you to sleep easily in a comfortable and quiet environment.Night Mood Light
- A useful light feature is included with the option of independent Night Mood Light and displays light controls.Auto Shut Off Protection
- When the tanks are empty, the unit will shut off automatically.Pre-Soaked Aroma Pads & Oil Tray
- Includes 2 Pre-Soaked Aroma Pads. Use your favorite essential oil to deliver aroma into the air.
- Turn off the humidifier.
- Push the Aroma Pad Tray at the back of the base and pull it out.
- Tear the pouch at the notch to expose the pad, insert the pad into the Aroma Tray.
- Enjoy the refreshing aroma! The scent lasts up to 48 hours (2 full days).CAUTION1) Contact with an exposed pad may cause eye irritation. In case of contact with eyes, flush with water immediately. If eye irritation persists, consult a doctor.2) If you want to remove the aroma scent or if the humidifier is not operating for a long time, clean and dry the tray and put it back in place.3) Never put the aroma pad in the water tank.
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
Read all instructions before installation and use
- Always place a humidifier on a firm, flat surface. A waterproof mat or pad is recommended for under the humidifier. A finished floor may be damaged bywater or moisture exposure.
- Do not reach for a unit that has fallen into the water. Unplug it immediately.
- Always unplug the unit from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- Do not place or store the unit where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
Wash the nozzle, cover separately, and let tank dry in the shade
- Clean tank at least once or twice a week using clean water.
- Naturally occurring stains inside the tank can be cleaned using a soft cloth.
- Do not use chemicals such as bleach, abrasive, etc. to clean.
Cleaning the ultrasonic transducer
- Clean the ultrasonic module of the humidifier at least once or twice a week.
- Tilt it in the direction of the air hinge when disposing of the water in the main body.
- Do not allow water into this opening.
- Never touch the transducer/ultrasonic membrane with your fingers; the natural oils in the skin can damage the surface.
- Never clean the ultrasonic membrane by scraping with a hard object. Scratching the surface of the vibrator with a sharp object may cause the Mist Output to weaken or cause failure.
- Never submerge the base in water or any other liquid.
Guide bracket silencer
- It is best to wash off with clean, running water.
- Dry and refit.
Deep cleaning (with vinegar)
- Before and after storing the humidifier for a long period of time, dry the water in the Mist Output completely and wipe it clean.
- Clean the tank, reservoir, tank cap, and the transducer / ultrasonic membrane with a 10:1 mixture of water and white vinegar.
- Fill the tank with diluted vinegar water to the maximum level. Put about 400 mL of mixed water into the main body.
- Fill the water tank and main body with water and leave for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Pour mixed water and rinse with clean tap water 2 to 3 times.
- Dry the parts in a well-shaded place.
- Reassemble the drying unit.
CAUTION: Before filling the tank with water, turn the power off and unplug the unit from the outlet.※ NOTE: Always use 2 hands to carry the water tank.
- Remove the water tank from the base unit in an upward direction.
- Turn the water tank over. The water tank is kept closed by means of a spring valve.
- Open the screw plug on the water tank.
- Fill the water tank with room temperature water tank holds a maximum of 4.0 Liters. The water Level is visible from the outside.
- Close the screw plug on the water tank tightly.
- Turn the water tank over.
- Place the water tank on the base unit. Ensure that the water tank is sitting firmly on the base unit.
Replacing Aroma Pads
- Pre-Soaked Aroma Pads last 48 hours each.
- Pads come in two aroma scents: 1 eucalyptus and 1 lavender.Please don’t put any other materials other than Aroma Pads.
SAFETY & CAUTIONS
- This product is intended for household use only.
- Never cover the unit while it is operating.
- Always keep the cord away from high temperatures and open flames.
- Perform regular maintenance on the ultrasonic membrane.
- Never use detergent to clean the ultrasonic membrane.
- Do not attempt to adjust or repair the unit. Servicing must be performed by professional or qualified personnel.
- Stop using the unit if there is an unusual noise or smell.
- Unplug this unit when not in use for a long period of time.
- Do not touch the water or any parts of the unit that are covered by water while the unit is on or plugged in.
- Never operate without water in the tank.
- Only user water in the tank.
- Never use any additives in the water.
- Keep this unit out of reach of children. Do not allow children to use this unit without supervision.
- Do not use outdoors. For indoor use only.
WARNINGFollow the instructions in this manual to reduce the risk of electric shock, short circuit, and/or fire.
- If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced with a special cord. Reassembly available by the manufacturer or its service agent.
- This appliance is not intended for use by a person (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience or knowledge about the unit unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- This unit is not intended to be used to preserve documents or in art conservation.
Do not pull on the power cord when unplugging the unit.Do not tie or knot the power cord while unit is in operation.If the unit becomes submerged in water, unplug it and contact customer service.Do not unplug or move the unit while in operation.Do not plug additional appliances into the same outlet or power supply.Do not touch the plug with wet hands. Unplug the unit when not in operation for extended periods of time.Do not place around heating elements.Do not use around mist or fumes from industrial oil or around large quantities of metallic dust.The cord can become damaged by forcefully bending, pulling, twisting, bundling, pinching, or placing heavy objects on it.Do not install in any sort of motor or transport vehicle (trucks, boats, ships, etc.).Do not place in an area with excessive amounts of noxious gases.Do not place near any flammable materials (aerosols, fuel, gases, etc.).Do not have the unit facing into wind or drafts.Do not place below any electrical outlet.Do not place in excessively humid areas where the unit may become wet.To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not use this appliance with any solid-state speed control device.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for purchasing a Winix Ultrasonic Humidifier. This product is for household use only. Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- Do not repair or modify the unit. All repairs should be completed by a qualified technician.
- The plug for this unit is polarized with one blade wider than the other. Do not force the plug into an electrical outlet. Do not alter the plug in any way. If the plug does not fit into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified technician to install a proper outlet.
- Do not use if the power cord or plug is damaged or the connection to the wall outlet is loose.
- Use AC 120 V only.
- Do not damage, break, forcefully bend, pull, twist, bundle, coat, pinch, or place heavy objects on the power cord.
- Periodically remove dust from the power plug. This will reduce the risk of shock due to humidity build-up.
- Remove the power plug from the outlet before cleaning the unit. When removing the power plug, grasp by holding the plug itself, never hold by the cord.
- If the power plug is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or a qualified technician.
- Remove the power plug from the outlet when not in use.
- Do not handle the power plug with wet hands.
- Do not operate the unit when using indoor smoke-generating insecticides.
- Do not clean the unit with benzene or paint thinner. Do not spray insecticides on the unit.
- Do not use the unit where it is humid or where the unit may become wet, such as the bathroom.
- Do not insert fingers or foreign objects into the air intake or outlet.
- Do not use the unit near flammable gases. Do not use near cigarettes, incense, or other spark-creating items.
- Unit will not remove carbon monoxide emitted from heating appliances or other sources.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Pressing the power button does not work
- Insert the power plug carefully.
- Check if there is water in the water tank and add water to drive.There is no steam coming out
- Is the water tank empty?– Please put more than half of the water in the water tank.
- Is the nozzle and cover well seated?– Please install the cover correctly.
- Please clean the ultrasonic module.It has a strong odor
- Is the interior of the humidifier or water tank contaminated?– Clean the inside of the main body and the water tank.
- Did you leave the water in the water tank and humidity reservoir unattended?– Change the water in the water tank with new tap water. Also, throw away the remaining water from the main body and the water tank.The Empty Tank Alarm isn’t turning off
- Is it immediately after setting up the water tank?- After a few moments, the water in the water tank fills the reservoir and Empty Tank Alarm turns off.
- Is it tilted?- Drain the water inside the humidifier and place it on a flat, stable surface.
The terms of the warranty are as follows:
- This product is manufactured under stringent quality control and inspections.
- The warranty will be voided if product failure is a result of negligence or misuse by the consumer. Shipping and service fees may be incurred even during the warranty period.
- A Proof of purchase must be presented upon claiming a product warranty.
- Store the proof of purchase in a safe place or register your product on winixamerica.com to upload your proof of purchase.
- This warranty is valid only in the USA and Canada.* for more information visithttps://winixamerica.com/terms-and-conditions/
|Warranty Period||One (1) Year|
|Place of Purchase|
|Place of Purchase tel.|
|Model Name||L100||Gallon Capacity||1.0 Gal/ 4.0 L|
|Power Voltage||AC 120 V/ 60 Hz||Cool Moisture Output||Up to 280 mUh|
|Power Rate||24 W||Runtime||Max. 48 hours Runtime|
|Weight||2.91 lb / 1.32 kg||Product Dimensions||8.7 in (W) x 8.7 in (D)x 13.0 in (H)|
The exterior, design, and product specifications may be changed without prior notice to improve product performance.
Warning: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 18 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio / TV technician for help.
This device contains license-exempt transmitter(s) / receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada’s license-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference.
- This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Benefits of WINIX Pre-Soaked Aroma Pads:
- New design and soothing relief: WINIX Waterless Vaporizer Scent Pads are non-medicated refill pads designed with Polymer PP to release soothing reliefvapors to enhance your humidification experience and to help provide added comfort.
- Provides long-lasting comfort per pad: Each presoaked aroma pad offers 48 hours of long-lasting comfort.
- No spills or messy refilling: These refill pads are easy to use and install, preventing messy spills and doing away with the need for constant refilling.
- These pads are designed for use with WINIX Ultrasonic humidifier products: L100, L200, L201.
- Humidifiers for bedrooms, desks, or tables: Our humidifier helps add comfort wherever you are.
Benefits of using WINIX Demineralization Capsules:
- Reduces the mineral residue in your unit.
- Results in less cleaning and lengthen the unit’s lifespan.
- For optimal performance, replace each capsule every 10 tank fillings or when you notice an increase of white residue.
- The replacement period of the demineralization capsule could differ based on the quality of water.
- Consider using distilled water if white residue persists.
Warning: never use water softening additives in your humidifier.
Contact Winix for • Dedicated Call Center: ☎ (877) 699-4649product related inquiries • Website: www.winixamerica.comand customer service
To expedite service, please specify the model name and number, the nature of the problem,your contact information, and your address.2610-0263-00 Rev. 002020-10-22 5:23:11