Woods MDK21 Powerful and Compact Dehumidifier Instruction Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATIONS
Flammable material. This appliance contains R290/Propane a flammable refrigerant. R290 refrigerant gas complies with European environmental directives. This appliance contains approximately 70g/75g of R290 refrigerant gas. Do not pierce or burn. Maintenance and repairs requiring the assistance of other qualified personnel must be carried out under the supervision of specialists in the use of inflammable refrigerants.
Refer operators manual.
Read technical manual
Read operators manual.
Before the installation and use of the appliance, carefully read the supplied instructions. The manufacturer is not responsible if an incorrect installation and use causes injuries and damages.Always keep the instructions with the appliance for future reference.
Children and vulnerable people safety
WARNINGRisk of injury or permanent disability.This appliance can be used by children aged 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.Do not let children play with the appliance.
Children of less than 3 years should be kept away unless continuously supervised.Keep all packaging away from children.Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as: – basements, staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments.The rating plate is located behind the water tank of the dehumidifier.Keep ventilation openings clear of obstruction.Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.The appliance shall not be stored in a room with operating ignition sources (for example; open flames, an operating gas appliance or an operation electric heater. Do not pierce or burn.Be aware that refrigerants may not contain an odour. Do not use water spray and steam to clean the appliance. Clean the appliance with a moist soft cloth. Only use neutral detergents. Do not use abrasive products, abrasive cleaning pads, solvents or metal objects.If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its Authorised Service Centre or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
WARNINGOnly a qualified person must install this appliance.Remove all the packaging.Do not install or use a damaged appliance. The appliance shall be installed, operated and stored in a room with a floor area larger than 4m². Obey the installation instruction supplied with the appliance.Always be careful when you move the appliance because it is heavy.Always wear safety gloves.Make sure the air can circulate around the appliance.Wait at least 4 hours before connecting the appliance to the power supply. This is to allow the oil to flow back in the compressor.Do not install the appliance close to radiators or other heat sources.Do not install the appliance where there is direct sunlight. This device is only for indoor use. Ensure that the unit is placed on a stable and flat surface. If the surface is not stable there is a risk that the unit may be unstable and cause excessive vibration and that water will be released. Ensure that the unit is placed on a stable and flat surface. If the surface is not stable there is a risk that the unit may be unstable and cause excessive vibration and that water will be released Electrical connection
WARNINGRisk of fire and electrical shock.The appliance must be connected to a grounded outlet.Make sure that the electrical information on the rating plate agrees with the power supply. If not, contact an electrician.Always use a correctly installed shockproof socket.Do not use multi-plug adapters and extension cables.Make sure not to cause damage to the electrical components (e.g. mains plug, mains cable).Contact the Authorised Service Centre or an electrician to change the electrical components.The mains cable must stay below the level of the mains plug.Connect the mains plug to the mains socket only at the end of the installation.Make sure that there is access to the mains plug after the installation.Do not pull the mains cable to disconnect the appliance. Always pull at the mains plug.
WARNINGRisk of injury, burns, electrical shock or fire.Do not change the specification of this appliance. Be careful not to cause damage to the refrigerant circuit. It contains propane (R290), a natural gas with a high level of environmental compatibility.This gas is flammable.If damage occurs to the refrigerant circuit, make sure that there are no flames and sources of ignition in the room. Ventilate the room.Do not put flammable products or items that are wet with flammable products near or on the appliance.
WARNINGRisk of injury.Disconnect the appliance from the mains supply.Cut off the mains cable and discard it.The refrigerant circuit of this appliance is ozone-friendly.Contact your municipal authority for information on how to discard the appliance correctly.Do not cause damage to the part of the cooling unit that is near the heat exchanger. Always see to that the appliance is kept clean. Do not cover the unit.
WOOD’S, THE WORLD’S LEADING DEHUMIDIFIERS
Wood’s dehumidifier products have been known as market leaders for many years. Their dehumidifiers are suitable for use in the most demanding climates, where dehumidifying capacity is good even at lower temperatures and humidity levels. They are used with good results in premises that become damp such as cellars, garages or summer house. They are also excellent for drying washing, attics, pool rooms and laundry. Being efficient and low on energy consumption. Does not wear out clothes.
The amount of humidity that the dehumidifier removes depends on temperature, humidity level and placement. External weather conditions may also affect the performance of the dehumidifier. In cold weather the absolute humidity decreases and thus the extraction of humidity from the air by the dehumidifier is reduced. (The relative humidity might still be on a high level.) The dehumidifier is suitable for use in the temperature range +5˚C to +35˚C.Wood’s dehumidifiers are safe in operation and intended for continuous use over many years.
EXCESSIVE AIR HUMIDITY – A DANGER
Condensation occurs when water vapour in the air comes into contact with a cold surface such as cold window or wall. When water vapour is cooled down, condensation occurs, and water-drops are formed. In high air humidity, the air may get musty and mould might get formed, causing damage to a house and its furnishings. This environment may even cause illness for the residents. Mites and spiders also thrive in a damp environment. A dehumidifier with high performance creates a good, healthy humidity level. For greatest efficiency the doors and windows of rooms that are being dehumidified should be kept closed. Removes odours, dries wood and removes moisture from outdoors equipment. A dehumidifier may be used in cellars, washrooms, garages, crawl spaces, caravans, summer-houses and on boats. If the humidifier is kept in colder environments, you should study the Hints at the end of the manual.
PLACEMENT OF DEHUMIDIFIER
Wood’s dehumidifiers are easy to move around, all you need to have is a power source for 220/240V, but bear in mind the following:
- The dehumidifier should not be placed near radiators or other heat sources or exposed to direct sunlight, as it will reduce performance.
- It is beneficial to use a radiator or heating fan to keep the temperature above +5˚C.
- The dehumidifier should stand at least 20-30cm from a wall or other obstruction, for maximum air flow.
- Ideal is to put it in the center of the room / area.
NOTE: When placed in a shower or bathing area, the dehumidifier should be fixed in place. It is compulsory to check and respect your local bathroom electrical regulations before use.
USING THE DEHUMIDIFIER
If the dehumidifier is transported horizontally, oil may have run out of the compressor and into the closed piping system. In such a case, let the dehumidifier stand for a few hours before being used. It is very important that the oil runs back into the compressor, otherwise the dehumidifier may be seriously damaged.
- Check that the water reservoir is correctly placed.
- Connect the dehumidifier to an grounded power source.
- Select fan speed.
- Set the desired humidity level by means of the humidity control. See the section on the humidity control.
NOTE: When the dehumidifier is turned off, it will take 5 minutes before the dehumidifier is restarted, the built – in automatic functions are deactivated, during this period.
When the float reaches a certain height, the dehumidifier responds to this and shuts down automatically to prevent flooding of the tank.
When you have emptied the water reservoir and are to replace it in the dehumidifier.
- Push the water reservoir in until it is in place.
Wood’s dehumidifier is fitted with a built in humidity control, which is set to the desired level of humidity. The control registers the current level of humidity and ensures that the dehumidifier is turned on and off automatically.
NOTE: The ambient relative humidity is most simply measured with a Wood’s hygrometer, and the most suitable range is between 50% and 60%.
SHUTTING OFF AUTOMATICALLY
When the water reservoir is full, the dehumidifier is shut off automatically.The indicator light at the front of the dehumidifier will switch to red to show when the water reservoir should be emptied.
- Disconnect the dehumidifier from the power source.
- Empty the water reservoir.
- Put the empty water reservoir back.
- Connect the dehumidifier to the power source.
THE AIR FILTER
The air filter at the rear of the dehumidifier ensures that the cooling coils are kept free from dust. It is important that the filter is kept clean so that air can flow freely through the dehumidifier. The filter should thus be cleaned when required.
Wood’s dehumidifiers are fitted with a control unit which ensures that the cooling coils are defrosted automatically when needed. The control shuts down the compressor, which causes the cooling of the coils to stop. The fan continues to draw the air at room temperature through the dehumidifier and thus melts the ice, and the water runs down into the reservoir. This defrosting system means that the dehumidifier works at temperatures as low as +5˚C.
The fan ensures that air flows through the dehumidifier. Moist air is sucked in from the rear and goes via the cooling coil and the vaporizer to come out dry and warm at the top of the dehumidifier.Wood’s dehumidifiers are fitted with two fan speeds.
- Position II – gives a high air flow with maximum dehumidifying of air.
- Position I – gives a lower air flow which causes quieter operation and somewhat lower dehumidifying capacity.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Wood’s dehumidifier require cleaning of filter, to maintain their high dehumidifying capacity.
- The fan motor is permanently lubricated and requires no maintenance.
NOTE: Always disconnect the cord before cleaning.
- Sometimes it may be useful to use a frost guard or heater fan to make sure that the temperature does not fall below +5˚C.
- For maximum dehumidifying power in a room, it is recommended that the air supply from outside and from adjoining rooms is minimized – close doors and ventilators.
- Put in the center of the room
- Increase temperature. for faster dehumidification ( Warm air carries more water.)
- Use frost guard if temperature falls below +5°C
- Higher dehumidification in autumn / summer because outside air is warm and humid. (Absolute humidity is normally higher).
WHEN THE DEHUMIDIFIER REQUIRES SERVICING
If the dehumidifier requires servicing, you must first contact the retailer. Proof of purchase is required for all guarantee claims.
2 year´s guarantee against faults in manufacture. Note that the guarantee is only valid with a valid proof of purchase.
NOTE! Get a 3-years warranty! Register at warranty-woods.com. Please visit woods.se for more information.
Recommended limits for use
- Temp. MDK +5˚C to +35˚C
- Relative humidity: 30% to 90%
- humidity level: Appr. 50% RH
IMPORTANT! – Wood’s dehumidifiers must be connected to an grounded power source. The power source sould be 220V-240V 50Hz
FUNCTIONS & NAME OF KEY PADS
- On/Off: Switch the power on and off
- Speed: Press to set up the fan speed.
- Drying clothes: Press the button to set up dry clothes mode.
- Humidity setting: Press to select the required hymidity level.
- Timer: Timer Set Turn Off time
- Swing: Press to switch the swing on or off
- Night mode child lock: Press once to enter the night mode. Press continuously for 3 second to switch on or off the child lock function blocking the control panel.
OPERATION OF THE UNIT
- When the device is plugged into a socket, the machine is in standby.Press the On/Off button to switch on the machine and the exhaust will open.Press again the button to switch off the unit.
- Press “SPEED” to select the fan motor speed level.
- Drying clothes. The machine work at the highest speed to dry clothes faster. The humidity setting is unavailable under this mode.Note: When the unit detects ≤40% humidity, the compressor will stop automatically but the fan will keep running at the highest speed.When the unit detects ≥45%RH, humidity, the compressor will restart.
- Humidity setting : The humidity can be set at: 50%-55%-60%- 65%-70%-Co-40%-45%. This function is only available under the standard dehumidification mode.Note: once the humidity reaches the target setting, both compressor and fan will stop operating for 1 hour. After 1 hour, the fan will operate for 3 minutes to circulate the air. If the humidity is higher than selected setting, the unit will start again. If the humidity is lower than the selected setting, compressor and fan will stop for another hour.
- Timer. When the appliance is on, press the Timer 1H/2H/4H/8H to operate a countdown. The timer symbol will appear on the LCD screen.
- Swing. Press the button to switch on and off the exhaust swing.
- Night mode (child lock)Press the button will enter the night mode. See above for child lock function
When the tank is full, the device will automatically shut off and an alarm will ring 10 times. The “water tank full” light will also illuminate. Once the tank is emptied, the unit will automatically operate on the last setting. Note: the compressor will only start operating after 5 minutes. (See compressor protection function).
COMPRESSOR PROTECTION FUNCTION
The unit is equipped with a compressor protection function. The compressor will only start 5 minutes after the unit being turned on.
COMPRESSOR PROTECTION FUNCTION
This device is equipped with compressor protection function—that is, compressor will delay 5 minutes to start.(After shut down and open again.)
Drainage hose 15mm. Insert the hose to the drain outlet and place the other end into a drainage place (sink, shower, etc.). The water tank will not be in use.The machine will work continuously and will not shut down. When draining continuously, the drain pipe should be placed lower than the exhaust. The hose should be straight and not be folded or bended. Otherwise there is a risk of overflow at the outlet.
AUTOMATIC RESTART AFTER POWER FAILURE
Unit will automatically turn on and operates in last setting after power returns.
|Max. working area||
Air flow step 1
|Air flow step 2||
Dehumidifying at 30˚C and 80% r.h.
|Power at 30˚C and 80% r.h.||
Dimensions in mm, L x B x Hs
- Technical changes and improvements may occur. All values are approximate and may vary due to external circumstances such as temperature, ventilation and humidity
|Dehumidifier does not work||The power is not connected||
|Does not dehumidify||
|The dehumidifier works, but reduces the relative huidity insufficiently.||
|HI||The humidity is higher than > 80%||When the humidity level is below < 80%, the display switches over to normal display mode.|
|LO||The humidity level is below < 30%||When the humidity level is over > 30% the display switches over to normal mode.|
|If none of the above works, you should contact your nearest retailer for checking and possible overhaul of dehumidifier|
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your us device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmental safe recycling
Wood’s is marketed and distributed by:Woods TES Sweden AB.Maskingatan 2-4441 27, AlingsåsSweden.woods.se[email protected]+46 317613610