Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier Pro H User Manual
- When the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced with a genuine power cord purchased from the manufacturer or after-sales service department.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Turn off and unplug the purifier before moving it.
- The purifier cannot turn on when the fan grille and the filter compartment cover are not installed properly.
- Maintain a distance of at least 20 cm between the air inlets and walls or other objects.
- Prior to cleaning or other maintenance, the appliance must be disconnected from the supply mains.
- Frequently remove dust, hair, and other particles from the outer mesh screen of the filter, so as to reduce the chance of bacteria growth.
- Remove dust, hair, and particles from the purifier’s air inlets to prevent a reduction of air intake.
- Cover the air outlet to prevent dust, hair, and other particles from falling in when the purifier is left unused for a long time.To avoid fire, electric shocks, or other damage, use the power cord and electrical outlet as instructed below:
- Do not excessively pull, twist or bend the power cord, as this may expose or break the cord’s core.
- The power cord must be plugged into a suitable electrical outlet.
- Use the power cord that was provided with the purifier, do not use any third party power cords.
- Always unplug the purifier before carrying out maintenance to or moving the air purifier.
- Immediately stop using the purifier when it makes unusual sounds, gives off bad odors, overheats, or its fan rotates irregularly.
- Do not stick your fingers or foreign objects into the protective parts, movable parts, air inlets, or air outlets.
- Keep objects such as hairs or fabrics away from the purifier to avoid blocking the air inlets or air outlets.
- Do not sit on, lean on or tilt the purifier.
- When using in conjunction with gas-fueled appliances (such as gas stoves, gas heaters), please ventilate sufficiently to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Do not pour liquids, nor throw powders or other small substances into the purifier’s air outlet.
- Make sure no inflammable objects get into the purifier.Do not use the purifier in the following circumstances, as they may result in electric shocks, fire, or other damage:
- Near open flames, such as candles, incense burners, stoves, fireplaces, cigarettes, firecrackers, lighters, multi-purpose torches, candle lighters, or fire pans.
- Near appliances that generate high temperatures, such as electric heaters, fan heaters, electric foot warmers, electric stoves, electric irons.
- In unstable locations where the purifier can easily fall over.
- In environments that are extremely hot, humid, or damp, such as bathrooms.
Read this manual carefully before use, and retain it for future reference. Note: Illustrations of the product, accessories, and user interface in this user manual are for reference purposes only. The actual product and functions may vary due to product enhancements.
Opening the filter compartmentPress the buckle to open the filter compartment, and make sure the filter is installed correctly.
Placing the purifier in a suitable locationFor optimal performance, make sure the distances between the purifier and objects such as walls meet the requirements as suggested below.
* The purifier is equipped with a sensor in the back. It is recommended to maintain a certain distance between the rear and objects such as walls during use.
Connecting to an outletConnect the power cord to the port at the bottom of the purifier, and then plug it into an outlet.
Note: It is recommended to keep doors and windows closed for a better purifying effect when using the purifier.
Turning On/Off & Switching ModeTo turn on the purifier or change the mode, press the button. To turn off the purifier, press and hold the button for 2 seconds.
Resetting Wi-FiIf your phone is unable to connect with the purifier, simultaneously press and hold the Power/Mode and the Brightness Adjustment buttons for five seconds. Once you hear a beep, the Wi-Fi connection has been reset successfully.
Adjusting BrightnessTo adjust the brightness, press the button.Connect with Mi Home / Xiaomi Home AppThis product works with Mi Home / Xiaomi Home app*. Control your device with Mi Home / Xiaomi Home app.
Scan the QR code to download and install the app. You will be directed to the connection setup page if the app is installed already. Or search “Mi Home / Xiaomi Home” in the app Store to download and install it. Open Mi Home / Xiaomi Home app, tap “+” on the upper right, and then follow prompts to add your device. *The app is referred to as Xiaomi Home app in Europe (except for Russia). The name of the app displayed on your device should be taken as the default. Note: The version of Mi Home app might have been updated, please follow the instructions based on the current app version.
Care & Maintenance
Filter Status Notifications
Install an genuine filter
- Filter Installation NotificationNo filter detected, or the installed filter is not genuine.
- Filter Life NotificationWhen the purifier detects that the filter’s service life is less than 10%, either unplug and plug in the power cord again then turn on the purifier, or open and close the filter compartment then turn on the purifier, the filter’s remaining service life (in %) will appear on the display.
- Filter Replacement NotificationIt is recommended to replace the filter every 1014 months of use. If its service life is 10% or less, the display will show the remaining service life (in %) each time the purifier is turned on.
Note: The filter may produce odors when it absorbs excessive harmful gases. It is recommended to store the filter in a place with good lighting and ventilation to improve the activity of the activated carbon and restore its particle adsorption capacity. Please replace the filter when its recommended service life is due.
Open the filter compartment panel and horizontally pull the strap to remove the filter.
Note: Refer to the Filter Replacement instructions on the inside of the filter compartment cover.
Make sure the purifier is turned off and unplugged.Cleaning the laser particle sensor
Use a non-sharp tool to open the cover of the laser particle sensor, then use an air blow gun or hair dryer to clean the sensor and the filter on the cover, as illustrated in the figure.Note: Do not use hot air.
Cleaning the filter compartment
Use a vacuum cleaner or a soft cloth to remove any dust from the air inlets or the filter compartment, so as to ensure optimal ventilation and purification.
Note: It is forbidden to directly rinse or spray the purifier with water. Do not wipe the purifier with a soaking wet cloth to prevent water from getting into it.
* Calculated according to standard GB/T 18801-2015
Regulatory Compliance Information
Europe — EU declaration of conformity
Hereby, Beijing Smartmi Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. declares that the radio equipment type AC-M13-SC is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: http://www.mi.com/global/service/support/declaration.html
Disposal and recycling information
All products bearing this symbol are waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE as in directive 2012/19/EU) which should not be mixed with unsorted household waste. Instead, you should protect human health and the environment by handing over your waste equipment to a designated collection point for the recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment, appointed by the government or local authorities. Correct disposal and recycling will help prevent potential negative consequences to the environment and human health. Please contact the installer or local authorities for more information about the location as well as terms and conditions of such collection points.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS CONVEYED BY LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY, PROVINCE OR STATE. INDEED, IN SOME COUNTRIES, PROVINCES OR STATES, CONSUMER LAW MAY IMPOSE A MINIMUM WARRANTY PERIOD. OTHER THAN AS PERMITTED BY LAW, XIAOMI DOES NOT EXCLUDE, LIMIT OR SUSPEND OTHER RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE. FOR A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR RIGHTS WE INVITE YOU TO CONSULT THE LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY, PROVINCE OR STATE.
- LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTYXIAOMI warrants that the Products are free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and use in accordance with the respective Product user manual, during the Warranty Period. The duration and conditions related to the legal warranties are provided by respective local laws. For more information about the consumer warranty benefits, please refer to Xiaomi’s official website https://www.mi.com/en/service/warranty/. Xiaomi warrants to the original purchaser that its Xiaomi Product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use in the period mentioned above. Xiaomi does not guarantee that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error free. Xiaomi is not liable for damages arising from non-compliance with the instructions related to the use of the Product.
- REMEDIESIf a hardware defect is found and a valid claim is received by Xiaomi within the Warranty Period, Xiaomi will either (1) repair the product at no charge, (2) replace the product, or (3) refund the Product, excluding potential shipping costs.
- HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICETo obtain warranty service, you must deliver the Product, in its original packaging or similar packaging providing an equal degree of Product protection, to the address specified by Xiaomi. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, Xiaomi may require you to present proofs or proof of purchase and / or comply with registration requirements before receiving warranty service.
- EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONSUnless otherwise stipulated by Xiaomi, this Limited Warranty applies only to the Product manufactured by or for Xiaomi and identifiable by the trademarks, trade name or “Xiaomi” or “Mi” logo. The Limited Warranty does not apply to any (a) Damage due to acts of nature or God, for example, lightning strikes, tornadoes, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes; (b) Negligence; (c) Commercial use; (d) Alterations or modifications to any part of the Product; (e) Damage caused by use with non-Xiaomi products; (f) Damage caused by accident, abuse or misuse; (g) Damage caused by operating the Product outside the permitted or intended uses described by Xiaomi or with improper voltage or power supply; or (h) Damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Xiaomi.It is your responsibility to backup any data, software, or other materials you may have stored or preserved on the product. It is likely that the data, software or other materials in the equipment will be lost or reformatted during the service process, Xiaomi is not responsible for such damage or loss. No Xiaomi reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this Limited Warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired. Except as prohibited by laws or otherwise promised by Xiaomi, the after-sales services shall be limited to the country or region of the original purchase. Products which were not duly imported and/or were not duly manufactured by Xiaomi and/or were not duly acquired from Xiaomi or a Xiaomi’s official seller are not covered by the present warranties. As per applicable law you may benefit from warranties from the non-official retailer who sold the product. Therefore, Xiaomi invites you to contact the retailer from whom you purchased the product. The present warranties do not apply in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- IMPLIED WARRANTIESExcept to the extent prohibited by applicable law, all implied warranties (including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) will have a limited duration up to a maximum duration of this limited warranty. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on the duration of an implied warranty, so the above limitation will not be applied in these cases.
- DAMAGE LIMITATIONExcept to the extent prohibited by applicable law, Xiaomi shall not be liable for any damages caused by accidents, indirect, special or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of profits, revenue or data, damages resulting from any breach of express or implied warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory, even if Xiaomi has been informed of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, indirect, or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- XIAOMI CONTACTSFor customers, please visit the website: https://www.mi.com/en/service/warranty/ The contact person for the after-sale service may be any person in Xiaomi’s authorized service network, Xiaomi’s authorized distributors or the final vendor who sold the products to you. If in doubt please contact the relevant person as Xiaomi may identify.