QUICK START GUIDE
Cisco Business 240AC Access PointThank you for choosing the Cisco Business 240AC Access Point. This access point can be used tocreate a new wireless network or added to an existing network to expand coverage.This Quick Start Guide will get you up and running in no time.
What’s in the Box
- Cisco Business 240AC Access Point
- Quick Start Guide
- Ethernet Cable
- Mounting Kit
- Technical Support Contact List
- Pointer Card China RoHS
- Compliance Information (for EU SKU only)
- Status LED
- PoE-In Port (Ethernet Uplink Port)
- Ethernet GbE Port
- RJ-45 Console Port (For tech support only)
- USB 2.0 Port (For future use)
- Mode Button
- Security Screw Hole
- Mounting Bracket
START HEREFirst, You’ll Need…
- An active Internet connection
- A computer with Wi-Fi capability (not connected to an active wireless network)
- A PoE switch, router or injector (802.3af PoE injector)
- A router (to act as your DHCP Server)
Cisco Business PoE Router1. Cisco Business PoE Switch2. Cisco Business 240AC Access Point
Preparing Your Product
- Connect your access point via ethernet cable (provided) to a PoE LAN port on your router or switch.
- Adding to an existing wireless network? See the “Add to an existing wireless network” section below. If setting up a new nework the device will begin initial boot up. The LED will cycle through green, amber, and red. This is normal and can take up to 6 minutes. The device is not ready until the LED is consistently blinking green or solid green. Once this occurs you can proceed to “Get Configured”.
Add to an existing wireless networkAllow the access point to boot up and automatically update its firmware and configuration to match the existing network. This can take ten minutes or more and the LED will cycle through green, amber and red. This is normal. Once the LED is blinking green or solid green the setup is complete and the AP has joined the network. Cisco Business 240AC Access Point | Quick Start Guide
Step 1–ConnectVIA WIRELESS (WEB UI)
- Search for the wireless SSID “CiscoBusiness-Setup”
- Connect to this SSID with the passphrase “cisco123”
VIA APP*Download the Cisco Business app to simplify setup and monitoring. Just follow the “Set up my network” steps in the app after download.*When availableStep 2–Access via Wireless (Web UI)
- Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
- In the “Address” bar, type http://ciscobusiness.cisco and press “Enter”.
- Click “Start” on the Cisco Business Wireless Access Point page to launch the Setup Wizard.
- Create a username and password.
- Follow the Setup Wizard instructions to finish the initial configuration settings.NOTE: If you want to configure a static IP address for the management interface, enable the option:
- After you complete the initial configuration settings, the configuration is saved and the access point will reboot. This may take up to 6 minutes. The booting process is complete when the LED is consistently blinking or solid green. This LED pattern will appear earlier in the boot sequence, but the device isn’t ready for access yet.
- Connect to the new SSID that you created during the setup process.
- Open a web browser. In the “Address” bar type https://ciscobusiness.cisco and press “Enter”. The Cisco Business Wireless Access Point login page is displayed.
- “Would you like Static IP for your Master AP (Management Network)”. If not, the interface gets an IP address from your DHCP server (typically in your router). If you will be adding mesh extenders, enable the “Mesh” option. By default this option is disabled. Log in using the user name and password created in step 4 and proceed with configuration. Once configuration is successful you can now proceed to monitor and manage the access point and associated devices using the web interface (UI). Save the configuration by selecting the red disk icon in the web interface (UI) header and select “OK” on the confirmation pop-up window.
For more advanced configurations, see “Cisco Business Wireless Access Points Administration Guide”Step 3–Mount and GroundCisco Business Wireless access points can be mounted in several configurations–on a suspended ceiling, on a hard ceiling or wall or in the plenum air space above a suspended ceiling. For detailed mounting instructions, see “Cisco Business Wireless Access Point Administration Guide”
For Cisco support and additional product documentation, including the Administration Guide, visit:cisco.com/go/cbw240ac
©2019 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. To view a list of Cisco trademarks, go to this URL: https://www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. (1110R)Cisco Business 240AC Access Point | Quick Start Guide