RAND MCNALLY Over Dryve Pro II User Guide
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following twoconditions:
- this device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may causeundesired operation.
FCC StatementThis equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiveris connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Radiation Exposure StatementThis device complies with FCC SAR exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.
SAR compliance for using the equipment in close proximity to the human body has beenevaluated at 0mm.
This equipment must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antennaor transmitter.
End-users and installers must be provide with antenna installation instructions and considerremoving the no-collocation statement.
Caution!Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliancecould void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Canada StatementThis device complies with Industry Canada’s licence-exempt RSSs. Operation is subject to thefollowing two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference; and
- This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesiredoperation of the device.
This radio transmitter (IC: 10199A-1000DA) has been approved by Industry Canada to operate with the antenna types listed below with the maximum permissible gain indicated. Antenna types not included in this list, having a gain greater than the maximum gain indicated for that type, are strictly prohibited for use with this device.
Your Over Dryve™ Pro II Unit
Caution: Important Safety Information
- Use this device at your own risk.
- Attend to this device only when it is safe to do so.
- Traffic laws and regulations always have priority over any instructions from the navigation system.
NOTE: If you do not understand the spoken instructions or are unsure of what to do, refer to the navigation map on your device.
- Make sure that the mount is securely mounted and properly adjusted before each trip.
- Make sure that the mount does not impair the driver’s visibility.
- Do not attach the mount within the airbag deployment zone.
- Install the mount in a manner that minimizes risk in the event of an accident.
- After installation, check all safety-related equipment to ensure that it operates without interference from the device, its cables, or any other accessories.
- Connect the wall charger to a 120-volt or 240-volt outlet only.
- Connect the vehicle charger to a 12-volt outlet only.
- Do not use sharp-edged objects on the device touch screen.
- The device is not waterproof and is not protected against water damage.
- Protect the device from extreme temperatures. Operating temperature for the device is between 32 degrees F and 120 degrees F.
- Do not open the device casing.
- Do not attempt to replace the battery. Contact Rand McNally Customer Support with questions about the battery.
- Always follow local regulations when disposing of this device.
NOTE: Make sure that there are no kinks in the cable and that it will not be damaged by any sharp objects.NOTE: Use only a moist cloth to clean the device.NOTE: Do not pull the cable to unplug the unit.
- OverDryve™ Pro II Unit
- Smart mount with SiriusXM®
- Bracket with suction cup
- Truck charger
- USB cable and wall charger
- Dash mount disc
- FM transmitter antenna
- AUX cable
- Anti-glare screen protector
- SiriusXM® magnetic mount antenna
- Alcohol prep pad
Install the Mount
NOTE: Follow all local laws and regulations governing the placement of the mount.
- Select an area with a line of sight to the sky and GPS satellites.
- Clean and dry the mounting area.
- Remove the suction cup protective film.
- Attach the two pieces of the mount together and lock into place.
- Adjust the angle of the mount.
- Pull the suction cup lever up to release suction.
- Plug the power cord into the mount and the vehicle’s 12-volt power source.
- Place and hold the mount suction cup against the mounting surface.
- Press the suction cup lever down until it snaps into place.
- Snap the tablet onto the mount.
- Adjust the tablet so that it can be easily seen and does not block the driver’s line of sight.
- Connect to the Internet.Connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot on your smartphone or to your Wi-Fi network.
- Register your device with Rand McNally for updates and support.
- Connect to Bluetooth.Enable Bluetooth on your smartphone and pair with OverDryve™ Pro to use Bluetooth hands-free calling and texting, voice assistant, and music streaming.
- Connect to your truck stereo system.To stream audio to your truck stereo system, the tablet must be in truck mode. To put the tablet in truck mode, place it on the smart mount and plug the mount into the power adapter. You can listen to audio through any of the following three methods:
- Plug an AUX cable into the smart mount and the AUX input port in your truck.NOTE: The AUX cable must be plugged into the smart mount, not OverDryve™ Pro.
- Use the smart mount speaker.
- Use the FM Transmitter. To use the FM transmitter, attach the antenna to the smart mount.On OverDryve™, tap Entertainment > FM Transmitter.NOTE: If your truck does not include an AUX input port, visit randmcnally.com/aux-install to learn about installation options..
OverDryve™ Pro II Operating System Home Screen
Restart Your OverDryve™ Pro II
Rand McNally has designed OverDryve™ Pro for speed and reliability. However, from time to time, Android devices may run into problems. If your unit becomes unresponsive for any reason, it’s always best to restart the unit by turning it off and on again.
Restarting the Device
- Hold down the power button for 3 seconds, or until you see the Power Off screen.
- Press Power Off.
- Once the unit has shut down, press and hold the power button for 2 to 4 seconds to turn it back on.
If the unit is unresponsive and you don’t see the power down button appear on the screen, hold down the power button for 10 to 15 seconds and the device will turn off completely. Once the unit has shut off, press and hold the power button for 2 to 4 seconds to turn it back on.
For additional help and FAQs, visit randmcnally.com/support.
To receive the SiriusXM signal you will need to install the provided antenna. SiriusXM satellites are located over the equator and the antenna must be mounted in a location that has a unobstructed view to the south. Please avoid placing the antenna under or directly next to metal or other dense materials as it may result in signal loss.
To activate your SiriusXM subscription, please power on your OverDryve™ Pro and launch the SiriusXM app. You should hear audio on the Preview Channel (channel 1). If you do not hear audio, you need to adjust your location or move the antenna so that it has as a clear view of the sky.
You will need your Radio ID, which can be found by tuning to Channel 0, or by looking at the sticker on the smart mount. The Radio ID does not contain the letter I,O, S or F.
In the U.S., you can activate online or by calling SiriusXM Listener Care:
- Visit siriusxm.com/activatenow
- Call SiriusXM Listener Care at 1-866-635-2349
For Canadian Subscriptions, please contact:
- Visit www.siriusxm.ca/activate
- Call SiriusXM Customer Care at 1-888-539-7474
Note, the activation process usually takes 10 to 15 minutes, but may take up to an hour. Your OverDryve™ Pro will need to be powered on and receiving the SiriusXM signal to receive the activation message.
For more information
- Rand McNally Websiterandmcnally.com/overdryve
VIP Customer Support
Call toll-free:877-446-4863E-mail:Questions about using OverDryve™ Pro II?Our team is ready to help.
Rand McNally and the globe logo are registered trademarks, and OverDryve is a trademark of RM Technologies, Inc. d/b/a Rand McNally.
SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SiriusXM Radio, Inc.All rights reserved.Local search information provided by Yelp.Weather data provided by Foreca.Fuel prices provided by Gasbuddy.Traffic information provided by INRIX, Inc.
© 2021 Rand McNally. © 2021 HERE. All rights reserved.Rand McNally follows a continuous improvement process and reserves the right to provide enhancements that may not be reflected in the pictures and specifications in this manual.
The information contained herein may be changed at any time without prior notification. Neither this manual nor any parts thereof may be reproduced for any purpose whatsoever without the express written consent of Rand McNally, nor may it be transmitted in any form, either electronically or mechanically, including photocopying and recording. All technical specifications, drawings, etc. are subject to copyright law.
Warnings, End-User License Agreement, and Warranty
Pay attention to road conditions and street signs, and obey all traffic and safety laws. Traffic laws and current traffic conditions must always be observed and take precedence over the instructions issued by the Rand McNally® navigation system. The User should be aware of situations where current traffic conditions and the instructions from the navigation system may be in conflict. Some states prohibit the use of windshield mounts and may otherwise restrict the usage of navigation and other electronic devices in the vehicle. It is the User’s responsibility to operate his/her vehicle in a safe manner and to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations. The use of the navigation system does not relieve the User of his/her responsibilities while operating the vehicle.
If after reading the following terms and conditions, the User decides not to accept the terms, the User should not use this navigation system.
Rand McNally hereby grants you (“User”) a single-user non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Rand McNally navigation system, including software and associated data incorporated therein and all related documentation that accompanies the product (hereinafter referred to as the “Product” ) for User’s own internal business or personal use and not for resale or sublicense.
This Product is furnished under license and may be used only in accordance with the terms and conditions of this license. Except as permitted by such license, the contents of this Product may not be disclosed to third parties, copied or duplicated in any form, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Rand McNally. This Product contains proprietary and confidential information of Rand McNally and its licensors. Rand McNally grants User a limited license for use of this Product for its normal operation. By using the Product, User acknowledges that the contents of the Product are the property of Rand McNally and its licensors and are protected by U.S. copyright, trademark and patent laws and international treaties.
THE USER MAY NOT:
- Use the Product on a network or server, for time-sharing or to process data for other persons.
- Use the Product to create any routing tables, databases or other compendiums.
- Copy, loan or otherwise transfer or sublicense the Product, its software or content.
- Modify or adapt the Product in any way, or decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or reduce to human readable form the software incorporated in the Product.
- Alter, remove or obscure any copyright notice, trademark notice, or proprietary legend from the Product.
This license will terminate automatically if User fails to comply with any of the terms of this license, and in such case, User agrees to immediately stop using the Product. Rand McNally may revise or update the Product at its sole discretion, but it is not obligated to furnish any revisions or updates to User
RM Technologies, Inc. d/b/a Rand McNally warrants that the Product, and the component parts thereof, will be free of defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. This warranty may be enforced only by the first consumer purchaser (“Customer”), provided that the product is utilized within the U.S.A. or Canada.
During the warranty term, Rand McNally will, without charge, repair or replace (with a new or newly reconditioned unit), at its option, defective Products or component parts. For repair or replacement of defective Products, Customer must contact Rand McNally at 1-877-446-4863 for return authorization and instructions. Customer will be required to provide proof of date of first Customer purchase by providing a copy of the original sales receipt, if the device is not registered in our system or the device shows registered to another customer, in order for the warranty to be valid. The customer will not be responsible for shipping charges to or from Rand McNally as long as the warranty is valid, if the Product is found to be defective and is repaired or replaced under the terms of this warranty.
If the Product sent in is still under its original warranty, then following repair or replacement by Rand McNally, the new warranty is 90 days or to the end of the original one (1) year warranty, whichever is longer. If the Product is out of warranty, Rand McNally shall have no obligation to repair or replace the Product, but if it does choose to repair or replace the Product, such repair or replacement shall be at Rand McNally’s then-current cost. In such case, customer shall be responsible for all shipping charges associated with the shipment of the Product to Rand McNally and its return to the customer.
This warranty gives the Customer specific rights. Other rights may be available to Customer which vary from state to state.
Exclusions: This limited warranty does not apply:
- to any Product damaged by accident;
- in the event of misuse or abuse of the Product or as a result of unauthorized alterations or repairs;
- if the serial number has been altered, defaced or removed;
- if the Product is used other than as provided in the documentation that accompanies the Product, or
- if the owner of the Product resides outside of the U.S.A. or Canada.
CAUTION: RAND MCNALLY MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION IN THE PRODUCT, THE SOFTWARE OR THE DOCUMENTATION, AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTY AS TO QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, TITLE OR NON- INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS AND/OR DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO SOME CONSUMERS.
IN NO EVENT WILL RAND MCNALLY OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IT IS THE USER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT PRUDENTLY AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DOCUMENTATION. THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED TO BE USED ONLY AS A TRAVEL AID AND MUST NOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE REQUIRING PRECISE MEASUREMENT OF DIRECTION, DISTANCE, LOCATION OR TOPOGRAPHY.
The User agrees to allow information provided by the User to Rand McNally to be used for internal business evaluation purposes, including, but not limited to, evaluating the effectiveness of the Product and the services provided and methods to simplify or improve User experiences. Such information will not be provided to third parties in any way that discloses the identity of the User.
Rand McNally may make use of third party software in the Product. Notwithstanding the terms and conditions of this license, use of some third party materials included in the Product may be subject to such third party’s terms and conditions. The third party copyright notices are provided at the end of this License.
The User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Rand McNally and its licensors (including their respective licensors, suppliers, assignees, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and the respective of officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and representatives of each of them) free and harmless from and against any liability, loss, injury (including injuries resulting in death), demand, action, cost, expense or claim of any kind or character, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, arising out of or in connection with any use or possession by the User of this Product.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between Rand McNally (and its licensors and suppliers) and the User pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes in their entirety any and all written or oral agreements previously existing between us with respect to such subject matter. The terms and conditions (including the license) may be updated from time to time with or without notice.
The above terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Illinois, without giving effect to (i) its conflict of laws provisions, or (ii) the United Nations Convention for Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, which is explicitly excluded. The User agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of Illinois courts for any and all disputes, claims and actions arising from or in connection with the User’s license warranty and use of the Product hereunder.
User shall not export the Product in violation of any U.S. or foreign laws. Rand McNally’s licensors shall be third party beneficiaries of Rand McNally’s rights under this license, but are not parties hereto and have no obligations hereunder.
Actual toll costs may vary from estimates depending upon a number of factors including inaccurate or imprecise source data and variable toll costs, which are dependent upon vehicle characteristics (class, axle number, weight, etc.) that vary across toll roads.
Restricted Rights Legend. For governmental agencies: Use, reproduction or disclosure is subject to restrictions set forth in subparagraph (c) (1) (iii) of the Right in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 52.227-7013, as amended.
Rand McNally, the globe logo, and TripMaker are registered trademarks and OverDryve is a trademark of RM Technologies, Inc. d/b/a Rand McNally.
Portions © 2021 HERE. All rights reserved. This data includes information taken with permission from Canadian authorities, including © Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada,
© Queen’s Printer for Ontario.© 2021 Rand McNally. All rights reserved. U.S. Patent Nos. 7,580,791 and 8,214,141.
WARNING: California Prop 65: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov