ZYXEL WAC5302D-Sv2 802.11ac Wall-Plate PoE Access Point
- Unplug the telephone and networking device from the existing telephone and Ethernet wall jacks if any. Remove the wall plate.
- Ensure the included mounting bracket is positioned the same way as shown in the graphic. Secure the bracket onto the wall outlet box with two screws. You can use any two screw holes (A and B or C and D) on the bracket according to the type of your wall outlet box.
- Hold the WAC5302D-Sv2 with the LAN ports facing down. Through the wall and bracket, connect an 8-pin Ethernet cable from a PoE switch to the WAC5302D-Sv2 ‘s UPLINK port.
- If there is a telephone cable from a telephone switchboard, run the telephone cable through the wall, the bracket and the groove on the WAC5302D-Sv2 ‘s side panel before you attach the WAC5302D-Sv2 to the bracket.
- Align the mounting holes on the WAC5302D-Sv2 ‘s rear panel with the bracket’s hooks. Press gently but firmly until you hear a click and
- pushdown the WAC5302D-Sv2 until it clicks into place. Secure the WAC5302D-Sv2 to the bracket with one screw.Note: The management LED keeps blinking green until cloud management or standalone configuration is finished.
Option A Cloud Management
Option 1: Use MAC address and serial number to add device in NCC
Follow the steps below to manage the WAC5302D-Sv2 through the Zyxel cloud-based network management system.
Note: Make sure the connected router has Internet access.
- Go to the Zyxel Nebula Control Center (NCC) website (https://nebula.zyxel.com). Click Login and you will be redirected to the myZyxel.com portal page. Sign up for a myZyxel account and log in.
- Create an organization and a site (network) in the NCC.
- Enter the WAC5302D-Sv2 ‘s LAN MAC address and serial number (S/N) (see the label on the device) in the NCC configuration screen.Note: The WAC5302D-Sv2 will go into cloud management mode automatically and restart after it is registered to a site. See the NCC User’s Guide for more information about configuring the WAC5302D-Sv2 through the NCC.
Option 2: Use Nebula app to add device
Download and open the Zyxel Nebula Mobile app. Log in with your myZyxel account.Create an organization and site or select an existing site. Scan the WAC5302D-Sv2 ‘s QR code to add it to the site.Note: The WAC5302D-Sv2 will go into cloud management mode automatically and restart after it is registered to a site
Where to find QR code:
Label on the device
Option B Standalone Configuration
If you don’t want to manage the WAC5302D-Sv2 through the Zyxel NCC, follow the steps below to configure the WAC5302D-Sv2 (in standalone mode).
(1-a) From a WiFi enabled computer, search for the WAC5302D-Sv2 ‘s default WiFi network name (Zyxel-xxxx, where xxxx is the last four characters of the MAC address) and connect to it.Open your web browser and enter “http://220.127.116.11” for initial configuration. Enter the default user name (admin) and password (1234). Click Login.
(1-b) use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the LAN1 port of the WAC5302D-Sv2.Use its DHCP-assigned IP or default static IP address“http://192.168.1.2” to access the web configurator. Make sure your computer IP address is in the same subnet as the WAC5302D-Sv2 ‘s.
(2) The wizard appears automatically. Use the wizard to set up your WAC5302D-Sv2.Note: It takes 1 to 2 minutes to apply your wizard changes. The power LED will blink red and green alternatively. The power and WiFi LEDs then turn steady green when the system is ready. Check the Dashboard screen and note down the WAC5302D-Sv2 ‘s IP address in case you need to access it’s web configurator again.Note: The 18.104.22.168 is for initial setup only. It is not usable after the WAC5302D Sv2 is configured.(3) Use the WAC5302D-Sv2 ‘s new wireless settings (SSID and key) to re-connect to the WAC5302D-Sv2 ‘s WiFi network for Internet access if you change them in the wizard